Vitamin D enriched mushrooms

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read the article. Does anyone know what the recommend amount of vit D is?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can imagine people running around naked picking wild mushrooms as fast as they they can in 10 minutes, to avoid sunburn here in Australia.:D

I take two vitamin D3 tablets at the moment, plus the daily sunshine issue.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I can imagine people running around naked picking wild mushrooms as fast as they they can in 10 minutes, to avoid sunburn here in Australia.:D

I take two vitamin D3 tablets at the moment, plus the daily sunshine issue.

I take a monthly one on the first of the month because my levels were low, despite loads of gardening/walking (albeit with a hat). Apparently some people get worse at processing it from sun as they get older? At any rate, vitamin D deficiency is massively common (one in 5 in the UK?)
https://patient.info/bones-joints-muscles/osteoporosis-leaflet/vitamin-d-deficiency

Reactions: jjraak

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At any rate, vitamin D deficiency is massively common (one in 5 in the UK?)
NZ is probably like Australia after Sid the Seagull's Slip Slop Slap campaign, the increase in Vitamin D deficiency shot up to record levels.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
NZ is probably like Australia after Sid the Seagull's Slip Slop Slap campaign, the increase in Vitamin D deficiency shot up to record levels.

But unfortunately a vitamin D test is not on the list that GPs can order in NZ. I had to ask my GP to give me a script for a private blood test when I wanted my levels checked after moving here 5 years ago. Reminds me, I should probably ask for another one next time I go see my GP.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not had a free one for years either, Fedrral government stopped a load of blood tests as either to expensive or unneeded.on our Medicare here.

Reminds me, I should probably ask for another one next time I go see my GP.
My GP said to hold off on blood tests for a while as I do not need for them to find out any thing else wrong with me. :meh:

Edit: I have inserted for and any in the required spots to make it sensible reading,

Last edited: