Vitamin Supplements

davey b

Whilst I'm okay with vegetables, I'm struggling with many of my fruits. As I'm now at greater risk from infections etc, I'm concerned to ensure that I'm getting my full daily dose of vitamins and minerals.

Is it okay to take multi-vitamins, or are there things I should watch out for? I may well have established which fruits I'm going to be okay with (newly diagnosed so I'm still testing foods etc) before I see my Dietician - but that won't be until Dec 2nd and I'd rather get sorted sooner instead of later.

badmedisin

Multi vitamins are ok but it depends on the rest of your diet, for example too much vitamin A is a very bad thing. Worth doing more research, but try to look at something unbiased. Most info about vitamins (e.g. Patrick Holford's optimum nutrition bible) are made to promote sales of the writer's range of vitamins and are not to be trusted.

If you eat a wide range of veg you probably don't need to worry too much about a lack of fruit. Also bear in mind that much if the veg you eat might actually be fruit. If it's got seeds in, it's fruit.