Vitamins from dsn

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi girls, quick question, you know the vitamins the dsn prescribes to take during pregnancy, are they to be taken the whole pregnancy?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I only got prescribed one - the high dose folic acid. I was told to take that for the first 14 weeks.

I also took a pregnancy vitamin and mineral that I bought myself (I checked with my consultant that it was ok to take with the folic acid) That had lots of vits at safe doses for pregnancy, plus iron, etc.

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I got prescribed folic acid and calceos but bought pregnacare-apparently you can't overdose on folic acid...

jade88

I was told to take vitamin D whole way through folic acid for first 12 weeks then 75mg of aspirin from 13 weeks onwards (can get over counter) to prevent risk of pre eclampsia xxx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think it's like a vitamin d supplement that I got, I thought everyone get prescribed it lol I stopped taking mine the other week when bottle was finished as I assumed that was the course done but I've seen people talk about vitamins whole way through so I'm going to ring DSN today to check coz I've a feeling I should maybe still be on it lol thanks girls :) xx

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There was Vitamin D in the one I bought myself and I took that all the way through.

I don't remember the details but I have read about Vit D supplementation during pregnancy. Best to check with your DSN to be sure :)

jade88

Living in the UK most us us are lacking in vitamin D because of lack of sun - they recommend all pregnant women take a supplement for this during pregnancy but Azure is right you should check with your DSN as every hospital differs xxx

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I'm not on any vitamins other than the 5mg Folic Acid....I was prescribed calcium tablets...they was massive lol! But my consultant said I didn't need to take them as my calcium levels are fine...oh and aspirin! :)