Vitoza versus Humulin M3

Geoff-O

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone. T2 (genetically down the male line 3 generations) for about 20 years. On maximum Metformin & gliclazide. Not overweight. Over the past few years my HbA1c seems to increase each year 8-9, then 9.5, now 11.5. Nurse has now given me a choice of Vitoza or Humulin M3. My choice she says. "I'll leave it to you to do the research". Which in a way is good I guess - it does empower me to help manage my own condition. So I've researched, but I can't determine clinically what would be best or as regards lifestyle. They each seem to work in totally different ways. I live on my own so I'm a bit concerned about hypos during the night - though I've always had very high bg levels in the morning no matter how low before bedtime. I'm guessing as it's genetic diabetes the insulin producing cells will just die off every year, so will get worse even if diet/excercise remains constant. How do I make that decision?

Geoff-O

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to add... The Nurse "normally" goes for Humulin M3, but says the doc has suggested Vitoza.