Waistband?

Pneu

So I have started a pump 'trial' today for a couple of weeks to see how I get on... am pretty happy with the pump (although it's not the one I will eventually will get) and have set some profiles up etc... At the moment I have the pump in my pocket which is a bit of a pain so I have been looking for like stretchable waist bands I can wear under a shirt / t-shirt to hold the pump in.. I have looked at a couple of sports stores and they have bands for MP3's etc.. but they are all quite bulky and have clips.. anyone know if you can get just stretchy ones made out of Lycra of the like?

iHs

Hi

If you are good with a pair of scissors then you could get by with buying a cheap black womans bra and cutting off one of the shoulder straps and bra cup so that you have a harness left.

Other than that, look at Funkeypumpers as you should be able to buy a pump waistband holder from there :)

Pneu

iHs said:
Hi

If you are good with a pair of scissors then you could get by with buying a cheap black womans bra and cutting off one of the shoulder straps and bra cup so that you have a harness left.

Other than that, look at Funkeypumpers as you should be able to buy a pump waistband holder from there :)

Cheers iHS... I think the pump is a big step for my misses... let alone me now napping her underwear! :) I will take a look at the web-site :)

iHs

Hi

Just had a thought.............. dont know what pump you are getting but see if the company supply a skin? If they do, you could use the skin for the pump and use a longish length of chord and instead of hanging the pump around your neck, you could drape the pump across your shoulders like a satchel and just get to the pump when you need to. It would be more or less invisable when draped across the shoulders as your shirt collar or t-shirt would hide it all anyway. A mobile phone sock is also ideal although you would have to take the pump out of the sock to use it, whereas a skin, you wouldnt need to do anything except swing the pump around.

Have you tried using the clip attachment at all?

iHs

Looks ok but be careful to place the pump slightly diagonal when in it so that if an air bubble starts to appear in the cartridge it wont start making its way down the tube, air bubbles rise to the top. If you just place pump horizontally an air bubble can eventually make its way through the tube so keep a look out.

jopar

You can also get a splitz belt I think it's called for pumps... If I find a link for it I shall post it..

I've got all sorts of things for my Combo, From the various cases that came with my original pump, a one clear plastic clip on, a rather lush all leather one, one that I can thread a belt through and/or wear around the neck, a skin which can hang around neck..

Then I've got various phone cases and camera cases the latter with carabiner clip, which is very handle when out and about or training with the dogs...

But it's the clear plastic clip that I do use the most though

Cheryl

All the companies do accessories. Everything I've bought seems to be priced around £15 none of them covered by the NHS. Check out the various websites, though cases for pumps are usually brand specific, things like waistband & pouches are pretty generic
It might sound odd, but Accu-Chek do a bra pouch which might do the job for you; you could hang it off your underwear, or even the waistband of your trousers, but inside. These are a lower profile than a case, so are less obvious under clothing. The only problem with those sorts of items is getting at the pump, you either need a remote or pop off to the loos to bolus.
Hope it works out for you.