Waiting for pump....still!

moz1

Help I have been waiting for my pump for just over a year now. I live near Nuneaton and wondering if any pump clinics close by as been let down so far by local hospital? Thanks in advance

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Help I have been waiting for my pump for just over a year now. I live near Nuneaton and wondering if any pump clinics close by as been let down so far by local hospital? Thanks in advance
Write to your consultant and ask why there is a delay and also ask when you can expect to be able to start pumping.
If no joy contact INPUT, they will act on your behalf if you have no joy.

Reactions: 4 people

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What hospital do you go to? I live in Coventry and they do pumps at the Uni Hospital and Rugby St Cross

Reactions: 2 people

moz1

What hospital do you go to? I live in Coventry and they do pumps at the Uni Hospital and Rugby St Cross
George Eliot, I know they do pumps in Leicester but tbh Coventry a lot closer for me. I am going to send letter to consultant to see what the hold up is and what my options are, thanks for the information

Mr_Indicator

Type of diabetes
Type 1
George Eliot, I know they do pumps in Leicester but tbh Coventry a lot closer for me. I am going to send letter to consultant to see what the hold up is and what my options are, thanks for the information

I know this is an old post but my experience may throw light on the problem. Four years ago I was told by the Coventry clinic to be assessed for a pump. Rugby St Cross said yes and I went through all the training and was due to have the pump but at the last minute the clinic told me there was a problem with funding. It turns out that although I have been attending Coventry clinics since diagnosis as I used to live is Cov. I now live just outside Coventry - in the Solihull CCG! Solihull would not pay. After much too-ing and fro-ing my GP has been helpful in changing there mind so it looks like I will get the pump after all. So, make sure you know which CCG area you live in and write to put pressure on the right people!

Reactions: 2 people

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this is an old post but my experience may throw light on the problem. Four years ago I was told by the Coventry clinic to be assessed for a pump. Rugby St Cross said yes and I went through all the training and was due to have the pump but at the last minute the clinic told me there was a problem with funding. It turns out that although I have been attending Coventry clinics since diagnosis as I used to live is Cov. I now live just outside Coventry - in the Solihull CCG! Solihull would not pay. After much too-ing and fro-ing my GP has been helpful in changing there mind so it looks like I will get the pump after all. So, make sure you know which CCG area you live in and write to put pressure on the right people!

same for me i lived in warwick in 2004 when it was suggested i should have a pump. 1 year later i had moved to coventry so when my name was on top of the waiting list for a pump they had to seek permisson from cov PCT not warwick, as it was, they said yes.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
It should make no difference as to where you live or where your treatment comes from.
I live in Cornwall as does my GP, my new pump consultant is in Devon so all he did was write to the CCG in Cornwall and tell them to fund my pump and consumables.
The CCG that pays for your medical treatment is the one your GP is based in.