Waiting on blood test results to get official diagnoses!

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
So waiting in the surgery. Before I walked down Mim decided to ask me to asked a butt load of questions, I got her to text me!

I have no idea what keystones are and bleah! Want to go back to bed and hide! Silly I know but still! D-Day is here!

Oh will the dramatics end :p

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
ok so my results on the blood sugar test were 8. something (Dr Ganners words not mine) and I have got to have NO sugar until I go on the day course thingy and they will let me know the do's and don'ts, another round of tablets which is going to make life interesting for a while (I have been put on Metformin, 500mg 3 times a day but i have to work up to that so 1 a week then 2 a week then 3 a week) all in all not really horribly bad. Dr Ganner said that they have caught it right at it's beginning, he 99.9% sure that this has developed in the last 2 1/2 months so it's a good thing because it\s right at the beginning so it wont be as hard to sort out. also have to give a MASSIVE thank you to my local pharmacist Justin who is also a good friend, gotta give credit where it's due not many people can talk me down when I'm WHAAAA! so thanks , it's going to take a long while but it will be better if I stick to it, well I will stick to it if I dont want to die before i reach old age! I just need to get into a positive headspace (easier said than done, I know sort of what i have to do, it's the negative crude in my head I have to sort out) , he said most of it was being positive and not to beat myself up about it. he said he understood why I was flagging, the medical problems i have are serious and he thinks I have to except that and not down play it like I have for years. I have to start taking it seriously, which I do but no more downplaying it. even if it's stop myself from being scared witless, I have to except it.

Alot of work to do so this is going to take some time to digest!