1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

waiting time at hospital

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Keith300-01, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Keith300-01

Keith300-01 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm getting eye surgery in the morning 1st thing so becouse I live quite a distance been asked to come the day before arrived at 10am this morning got drops in and a tube for a drip and was taken to a seat that was 7 hours ago and im still sitting :( how long should it take to find me a bed or is this the norm for Aberdeen ?
    If it was not to improve my quality of life I would go home ! Yes they know im still sitting as I got dinner !

2. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I went in the day before for mine In Aberdeen. I arrived at 2pm and my bed was there immediately!

3. Keith300-01

Been told it should be ready for 8pm at least I've had supper blood is 9.4 so is doing fine like the nurse know its not their fault good to hear your on the mend sure I will be fine after a sleep and an opp in the morning keeping me for 2 days though :/

4. hale710

Oh that is a right pain! As you say, not the nurses fault. They were really great with me when I was there.

I hope all goes well with the op!

5. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi Keith :wave: oh you have had a wait haven't you. As I'm writing this you should be by your bed? hopefully.

I wish you well and I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you lots of good wishes for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

(((((((( HUGS))))))))))

RRB :)

6. hale710

Hope you've got that bed now!

7. mark5745

mark5745 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi what time did you get into your bed hope it wasn't too late all the best take care

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

8. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Helo kith hope ouy op went well I am home safe ad sound.
    Sendung ots og good wishes for a quick and healtby recovdry take god care
    RRB x

9. destiny0321

destiny0321 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

hello keith. hope all went well with your op @ you did not wait much longer for that bed.
    god bless & good luck to you

10. Keith300-01

hi all sorry ive not been on im still in hosptal not enough presure in my eye drops in all the time but apart from slight ketones all has been great hope to get out tonight :) x keith.

11. Keith300-01

Made it home today eyes very sore sleeping a lot blood is under 10 , have to go back in next week as my left eye is in the surgeon's words "soft" right eye is getting better as it just got laser but they want to take me back in end of September to sort it as well , but still glad to be home and I know what to expect next time ;) x keith .

Starting on the slow road to looking after my self doing small steps so I can feel the benefits before moving on ;) x

12. hale710

Glad you're home. Hope the pain goes soon!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook