Warm Weather

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In the hot weather do any other type 1's feel a bit more tired and lack a bit of energy. Is it just me, or would it have anything to do with being a type 1

Reactions: 4 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi Topher, I think it's quite common amongst non-diabetics too to be honest. When it's hot, people tend to feel a bit lethargic I think.

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I yet to see how heat effects me as a diabetic. Doesnt seem to alter anything atall. And i work partly outdoors and theres been some days recently just too hot for chatting lol.. B-)

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I worked outside today and last Friday and it was hot but my blood levels were ok though. I was really tired in the evening though!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Makes me much more tired and can't be bothered, don't really like hot weather and that is why I prefer Spring, you still get nice sunny days but the temperature is just nice and not too clammy.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I do like warm and sunny weather, if I had a choice, I would move to the Greek Isles. I can't afford it, so I stay in wet and cold Britain with my kids and grand kids and the rest of my huge family.