Water infection ?

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
Hi guys, i would just like to tell of something that happened to me yesterday.
I was sitting watching Television with my Son, i said to him i felt very sick, he said go to the loo and be sick, i said "I will be OK", anyway i started to feel very faint, it spread throughout my whole body including my arms and legs, until i could not even rise from the sofa, i felt terrible but could speak. My son managed to get me to Hospital where he informed them that he thinks i am having another Stroke, this would have been Number four, anyway, after waiting nearly an Hour with my stroke we were taken to a room where i had blood pressure done, blood taken for test, blood sugar levels checked, by now i was beginning to feel much better, now we had been there three hours.
Eventually blood tests came back, revealing a "Water infection" but how does a water infection put you off your feet, how does a water infection feel so much like a stroke coming on.
Has anyone else had such with their Diabetes, i have been given Antibiotics, if i had been in the street i would have been on the floor, lucky i was at home.

Almost forgot, my sugar level was at 10 when taken 2 hours after getting to Hospital and they said they were OK, who knows what they were when i arrived.

Jim

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Jimmy the way I normally know my Mum has one (I care for both of my parents) is when she gets up to go to the loo in the night and her legs buckle beneath her. She also becomes confused etc. So yes, feeling unwell, sick, weak and dizzy etc is often a symptom of a UTI.

Hope you soon feel better.

Ali

cuillie

Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
I hope by now your' feeling much better. Yes a UTI can knock you off your feet. When my mum had one a good few years ago she became almost like another person, disorientated, incontinent, babbling rubish, but probably made sense to her. Poor woman, she was unrecognisable to me as my mum. However got her to hospital and once it was diagnosed and treated she became her old self. But it was scary for her and me. She was late 70s and an infection like this in elserly folk is very serious. You did the right thing going to hospital. Keep well