Wavesense BG Meter launched in UK

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Looks like a good meter.Especially like the large digits and back light,good for people with impaired vision.If it requires no code does that mean it can take different makes of test stick, I wonder.

Carbuncle

Hello :lol:
I am liking the look of that bm machine. Looks like the mutts nuts to me.
I seem to collect bm machines lol. When I go to the hosp every 3 months I always come away with a new machine because my dsn knows I like gadgets lol.
Will deffo be on the lookout for one of these machines.

Nil carborendum ad illegitum

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
According to Wavesense's own website none of their monitors are on sale in Europe as they do not yet have the EU 'CE' safety accreditation. But I agree, once they have this, the range does look good. They are not saying what price they are going to launch it at.

Tattoo azz

Looks pretty good, and the bluetooth function is cool. I'm guessing it only takes one make of stix but doesn't require you to adjust the code like some meters. It'll probably be priced in the £20 + range like the ultra smart which i use.

palm_tree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good news... looks like the Wavesense has finally been launched. Just the standard silver one though, the bluetooth model will be launched later this year apparently. Emailed the company today and they're sending me one to test out this week, so I will give it a go and update the community on what I think over the coming weeks. Currently using the OneTouch Ultra which I'm fairly happy with but I want something thats gonna keep an eye on my carbs and has easier to use data management stuff. Any one else trying this meter out?

Tinkerbelly

I've got the Wavesense Jazz. It came yesterday free of charge :mrgreen:. I will also be giving the company some feedback.

I think its main feature is that it will give users a 90 day average of their bg values, so you should be able to use the average to work out roughly what the hba1c is going to be (using a hba1c converter).

A word of advice for anyone getting a new blood glucose meter through the post. Allow it to stand in your living room for about 6 hours before using it. Because my Jazz had been stored in a cold post office van overnight, the meter kept giving out an error message when I tried to test which when I looked in the manual, meant that my house wasn't warm enough :roll: After phoning Wavesense, they told me that it was probably down to the very cold weather that we are all enduring.