We are so lucky here in the UK...T1 children die in India [emoji22]

London36_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m often here moaning about something trivial and it wasn’t until I read an email from a colleague who happens to run a charity for children with T1 in India that I realised just how lucky we diabetics are to have the NHS. In India there is no free access to insulin meaning T1 children often die. Her charity is called The Pendsey Trust and you can see a video below which explains what they do. There is also a link where you can donate.

Dear Pendsey Supporters,

I am so overwhelmingly excited to be able to launch our first official video, which we have lovingly entitled 'The Dream'. This video explores our relationship with the DREAM Trust, our local partner in India, and reveals a snapshot of the amazing work which we have been able to achieve with your help over the last few years.

You can view the video at:

This video has been produced voluntarily for us by the incredible Roy de Boise, who made a self-funded trip to India for this purpose. Over the coming weeks and months we will be releasing a series of videos based on this visit.

We are hoping that these videos will help to illustrate the extent of what we are trying to achieve, as well as attract new supporters to our cause. We need your help to achieve this! Please share this video wherever you feel appropriate; via Facebook, Twitter, and email to friends, family and colleagues!

We are also collecting donations in response to the video at

https://mydonate.bt.com/events/thedream/458531

so please do share this link as well.

Most of all, thank you for being a direct part of what you see in the video; your support of our tiny charity has made a huge difference to these brave and beautiful young people who really are the stars of our story.

Happy watching,

Lucy Laycock
President, The Pendsey Trust