Web Design - Help

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone used one of those self design web site apps?

Any good, intuitive, easy for a dimwit like me to use?

I'm looking to produce a website with a link to my blog, mainly because I'm getting so many requests for help on diabetes management and exercise that I could do with a Q&A section, basic guidance etc.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone used one of those self design web site apps?

Any good, intuitive, easy for a dimwit like me to use?

I'm looking to produce a website with a link to my blog, mainly because I'm getting so many requests for help on diabetes management and exercise that I could do with a Q&A section, basic guidance etc.

Hi Ely, I will get the wife to PM you .. She is the master of self design web sites and will be able to help if you need any extra help in assembling the web

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used Wordpress to produce my business website. It turned out fine and, believe me, if I can get it to work, anyone can :). Wordpress itself is free although you will need to "buy" a url and have somewhere to host it but, again, this is not a task of massive complexity. Creating stuff is very similar to editing a document in any of the main Word Processing packages and you can embed pictures, hyperlinks, videos and so forth, should you wish.

It's basically blogging software, so it also has the facility for people to leave comments and questions, and you can add a "Contact me" page and lots of other add-ons, to customise it.

Reactions: 2 people

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I used Wix.com for my website, I do like it, however there is quite a few limitations which tbh, should be implemented in the first place, like custom fonts and SSL certificate. I haven't used wordpress but I have heard a lot of good words about it.

here is mine www.jakejayeden.com

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all,

I had a brief look at wordpress a while ago but didn't get a chance to take it anywhere, sounds like a good starting point