weight and drugs

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry if this seems a silly question but does anyone know whether the dosage of drugs like Glucophage should be different for people of different weight.For example I am 5.0 ft and only weigh 40 k I take 2x1000mg tablets .Would this have a different effect on a 15 stone man?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
There is no difference in the dose regarding your weight. What would possibly be different is the effect it has on your Bg levels if you were smaller. That you would only know by testing.

Ken

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that Ken.I am considering asking for a change in my meds because the Glucophage is making me sick ,not every day but it seems to be about every ten days except this week when I was sick Sunday night and also last night .I have no confidence in my GP so I am doing as much research as possible before approaching him.Maybe the sickness is abetter option than a different med with different side effects.My last Hba1c was 7.2 but I had only been on Glucophage 2x1000 for a couple of weeks from Metform 5 x500.I am getting fasting of 7-8 and after meals around 6-8 I need to do more exercise at the moment so I know I can lower these figures. So I am in a bit of a dillema I know people cant prescribe etc on the forum but if any one has any personal experience that could help I wuld be very grateful :D CAROL