weight conversion formula

luceo

Hi guys

Any body know how to work out the formula for a spread sheet in word to be able to convert weight from kg to stone and ibs .

I'm not sure if I'm wright here, please feel free to tell me if I'm not.

EXAMPLE KLG 100.33 *2.2046 = 221.18 ibs
THEN Ibs 221.18 / 14 = 15.79 stone

Now the .79 stone is .79 of a stone and not 7 ibs 9 ozs .

any body know how to convert KLG 100.33 - 15 st 7 ibs NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE OZS.

luceo

hi buachailla

thanks for the web link , unfortunately it not got what i wanted to know , i need to know how to wright the formula in a Microsoft spreadsheets for my own use of how to convert from kg to stones & lbs , in my example the formula shown only converts it to stones IE 15.79 stones which is not stones and pounds, the .79 is .79 of a stone which is not 7 lbs & 9 Oz . thanks for trying though . any body out there now how to wright this formula, so it will appear on the spreadsheet as 15 st 7 lbs. or 15.7

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Assuming 100 Kilos is to be converted

A1 =(100*2.2)/14

This gives 15.71 Stones, that is 15 Stones and .71 of a stone

Cell A2.

A2 =(14/100)*71

This gives 9.94 lbs, that is 9 lbs and .94 of 1 lb

Cell A3

A3 =(16/100)*94

This gives 15 oz + 0.4 of 1 oz.

Take it you will stick there, or repeat the last cell to get grammes.

You can compress the formula into a single cell with very little coding, or write the the formula so that succeeding cells pick up the residual from the preceding calculation ie A2 and A3 automatically get the residual values (in the example) of 71 and 94 - but perhaps its best to keep it simple.

There are other ways of doing the maths.

luceo

Hi Buachaille

Thanks for your reply, i could just about follow that ,I tried it on a spreadsheet eventually got it to show correct answer in different cell A1 , A2 & A3

Can i ask you if for example

lets say: cell A1 is 100kg and i want the converted answer in ST & IBS showing the st & ibs symbols as well as the numeric answer in cell B1 how would the formula be written in cell B1 so that as any data that is entered into A column automatically updated in B column with the correct info so that i can replicate the formula down the columns so the only column i enter data into is column A

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
I have emailed a text of how you can achieve what I think that you want.

Regards

luceo

Hi Dan

spot on , my heads tied up in knots at the mo , I'll leave it now till later now that I got the formula to work I'll alter the remaining spreadsheet this evening , then its time to get to grips on the chart side of things .

kind regards MARTIN

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I just do the sums in my head. Kg to pounds is X2 +10% Pounds to stones is /2 then /7.