Weight loss has completely and utterly stopped

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Hi all need some advise, I appear to have stopped losing weight dont know why its been the same for 2 months now and I have reduced my portions yet again .

I still eat potatoes/pasta etc but eat in much smaller quantities and also exercise daily - walking , x trainer and also go to a salsacise class twice a week.

Typical menu - Sorry I havent got a clue how to count carbs.
Breakfast - Porridge with 1/2 milk and 1/2 water or 2 slices of brown toast
Lunch - Sandwich or oatcakes
Tea - can be anything from spag bol, chicken with veg and maybe a couple of small potatoes or pasta

Being type 2 and on diet only apparently theres not need for me to test, but I do anyway and its normally around the 6 or 5.8 mark so not too bad.

Any suggestions would be good as i still have around 4 stone to loose.

I'm also feeling dead tired again all of the time but my bloods seem okay and I'm not as thirsty as I used to be.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Re: Weight loss has completely and utterly stoped

Hi Janieb

You say that your weight loss has stopped and when I look at what you are eating it seems to be very heavy in carbohydrate. You seem to be aware that could be your problem as you say that you don’t know how to carb count. :?

Well, if you start off by cutting out the starchy carbs like bread, potatoes, pasta, rice and oats you will probably start the weight loss again. Next, get yourself a carb counter book which will tell you how many carbs there are in a wide range of foods. I use the Collins gem Carb Counter which is adequate for purpose. Thirdly, self test 1 hour before eating and 2 hours afterwards so that you can see what your food is doing to your bg levels as you won’t want to go too low.

At least this way you could eat and enjoy more to satisfy your appetite and you will probably get more energy too. :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.

Janie
my weight keeps stopping. I have been working on it for about 3 years and lost nearly 3 stone.
Now, nothing other than an Atkins Fat Fast will shift anything.
Despite this, my shape is still getting smaller.
I'm sure you can hunt up the Fat Fast and decide if it's for you.
I can do it for about 3 days maximum, but it does work.
Hana

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.

self test 1 hour before eating and 2 hours afterwards so that you can see what your food is doing to your bg levels as you won’t want to go too low.

Why one hour before eating ? Usual practice is to test just before eating then two hours after.

Synonym

Dislikes

I reckon my fingers were on a time lapse! Sorry about that. :oops:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.

:D :D :D Happens to us all.

C

catherinecherub

The Fat Fast is part of the Atkins diet.

I have been looking on their forums and the general consensus of opinion about this is,

The Fat Fast is not for you if,
.....You are losing weight and you want to break a stall.
.....You want to speed up your metabolism and want to lose weight faster.
.....You are on any of these medications, Steroids, anti-arthritis medications, birth pills,
.....Hormone Replacement therapy, antidepressants, diuretics and beta-blockers.

Personally I would have more balance in your breakfast. Add fruits and nuts and seeds to your porridge. Have one slice of toast with a boiled/scrambled egg and some tinned tomatoes and/or mushrooms.
Lunch time sandwiches or oatcakes. Add some salads to these.
Evening meal. Up your veggie intake and perhaps add a side salad.

I would drink more water as well.

If your numbers are good, and they certainly seem to be, then your diet is obviously suitable.

Most of us get a stalling period but if we measure ourselves we can be pleasantly surprised that our chest, waist, hips and thighs are actually smaller.

Catherine.

Synonym

Dislikes
Catherine, you wrote "Most of us get a stalling period but if we measure ourselves we can be pleasantly surprised that our chest, waist, hips and thighs are actually smaller."

I think my question regarding that is "how, what and why?" please. :?

C

catherinecherub

What is to understand?

The scales say the same but our measurements are smaller. Our clothes tell us so.

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Had a chat with the nurse when I went in for my BP and shes recommened talking to the Diabetics nurse so am taking in my food diary and daily blood readings to see if we can adjust anything to reencourage the weight loss.

In the mean time I have added more fruit and veg to the diet and cut my intake of potatoes/pasta and rice in half. Sorry cant give it up completely :0)