Weight loss problems

Scoop4

I am type 1 and have been for 17 years have only had a problem with weight for the past 7 years. My weight has slowly increased until I went from 7st 14lbs to 13st 2lbs. I have tried dieting, exercise, weight loss tablets as well as going to dietician to have my food intake checked but nothing has worked. Then in December last year I was put on tegratol for my neuralgia and neuropathy this did cause some problems with diarrhoea and sickness but after been put on a lot of medication to combat side effects I realised I was losing weight. I am on a very small dose now to stop the side effects but I have lost over 2 stone all together and it still going down. As well as the weight loss I am taking less insulin, less thyroxine and also less metformin. I have been trying to find out why and the only thing I can find is that the tegratol speeds up the metabolism which must have been my problem with my weight gain.
Any body got any ideas am not going to be seeing my consultant till October hopefully I will get some answers then but not too hopeful as never had any answers up to now.

Elc1112

If it's working, I wouldn't worry about questioning it! I've been type one for over 20 years and, like you, find I put weight on easily if I'm not careful. Also find it very hard to lose weight.

The only thing I would say is that the weight loss will probably slow down once your body gets used to the tablets. When this happens you may, in time, find that you start to out the weight back on. Make sure you make some adjustments to your diet/lifestyle to stop that happening. For me, the only thing that works is restricting my calorie intake to less than 1,000 a day and exercising 5-6 tines a week. Hate the fact that all my friends can just cut out the crisps and lose five pounds in a week!

Em