1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

weight loss stalled

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by centaur68, Aug 9, 2017.

1. centaur68

centaur68 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

been doing LCHF for 3mths now, lost stone & noticeable fat loss but now weight hasn't moved for 3weeks despite doing nothing different, does body find its natural state or can I boost it somehow to go through few extra pounds?
    I do intermittent fasting but could probably do more.. thanks

2. Nicksu

Nicksu Type 2 · Well-Known Member

what exercise are you doing?

3. centaur68

centaur68 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

weights & cardio almost daily

4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

having lost your stone (well done), how close are you to your target weight?

Some people do find they reach a plateau for a while, then move on, and some find they reach a plateau and stick there, as if finding "their place".

I don't know if your eating has changed, even a little of late, that could affect things.

In your shoes, I wouldn't be panicking yet, but it could be an idea to just "do something" differently for a few days or weeks - Eat differently; whether change your eating window, if that's the style of IF you are doing, up the exercise a bit more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. letstalk1

letstalk1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Do you drink water only?

6. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

What intermittent fasting regime are you using? Maybe changing that would help?

7. Bonnylad

Bonnylad · Newbie

I have the same problem, started off well and dropped from 14 stone to 12 s 4 lbs in 10 weeks but I’ve stuck there for the last 3 weeks. My eating habits haven’t changed. no pasta, rice, potatoes, milk or sugar, no sweeteners, only water and organic green tea. Probably could do more walking. I have substituted lunch for a tuna or ham salad, any suggestions ?

8. dipsydo

dipsydo · Well-Known Member

I know we are all different but I had a similar issue. I lost steadily from 16 and half stone to 13 stone a couple lbs a week then I plateaued for 6 weeks and then suddenly lost 7 lbs and then another 8 weeks nothing happened and then lost another 7lbs . So I feel for me that I plataeu as I get closer to "normal weight ". I also need to keep an eye on the protein I was eating a bit too much cheese) so try and aim for 0.8 gms of the weight I want to be. I keep a food diary and find the discipline helps as if I have to put it on a spread sheet it makes me think rather than eat. I IF (16:8) and try to finish before 6pm.
    Saying that I am currently on another plateau and I am ever hopeful that another few weeks 7lbs will come off. and then I will stop as I will be "normal weight" I try not to stress because as long as bsg is OK then I feel I should be content.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook