Luke Tunyich

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
A few things
To all of us who have a weight problem.
I don’t have weight problems but I hope you wouldn’t mind if I try to answer your questions.

This article asks,
.....is it in the genes. :?:
No, it is not. Genetics research related to obesity is based on a huge misconception. If you like we can discus more about that later.

.....is it too much food. :?:
No it is not. Many people eat as much as they like but they still are not getting obese and many do not even get overweight. A man can find obese people that eat plenty, on the other hand, a man can find a lot of people that eat plenty and thin people that eat plenty and they are not sufficiently physically active. People are not obese because they are lazy or they are eating too much. Obese children and adults are the victims of bad science.

In the last two to three decades we are witnessing obesity problem unknown to any previous generation in recorded human history. Particularly, the obesity and severe obesity among children and young people was unknown. Even among the middle aged and elderly, obesity was rare and severe obesity was unknown.

.....is it a viral infection. :?:
No, it is not. Certain negative health conditions whether they are caused by viral infection or by another means has the consequences of weight gain but on the other side, plenty of negative health conditions arise out of weight loss. The biological basis for weight gain /weight loss induced by negative health condition is not understood or is misunderstood by the established medical professionals involved in obesity research.

.....is it insulin resistance. :?:
No, it is not. The factor which is responsible for insulin resistance is nearly identical to the factor that is responsible for excessive fat formation around the abdomen and is nearly identical to the factor that is responsible for excessive fat formation in the lower part of the abdomen. Theory about insulin resistance as a cause for fat formation is a misconception and it is born from the fact that most patients after WLS experience loss of insulin resistance and before any significant weight loss occurs.

In reality the loss of insulin resistance after WLS is not understood and most of the medical professionals involved in WLS are not in dispute about that fact.

For many years, unsuccessfully I’ve been trying to explain that the biological basis of weight loss induced by WLS is misunderstood.

The biological basis/biological mechanism underlining weight loss induced by WLS is identical to the biological basis of involuntary weight loss induces by certain negative health condition. Any kind of WLS is an example of medical practice based on misunderstanding.

.....is it metabolic conditions we encountered in the womb :?:
No, it is not. The theory that condition encountered in a womb is based on study done on rats at London's Royal Veterinary College and it is published in 2008.

The established science of obesity is based on gluttony and sloth. On the other hand, there plenty of people that is obvious that their obesity isn’t caused by overeating and /or insufficient physical activity

In reality, the theory that conditions encountered in the womb just is the secular equivalent of religious dogma that children will pay for the sins of their parents.

.....is it biology. :?:
Yes, it is biology. The process of fat formation is a live process – biological process.

Process of fat formation doesn’t happen because of positive energy balance.

The basic science about fat formation and fat distribution is wrong. (Even the weight loss by children affected with Type One diabetes is misunderstood.)

The solution for obesity isn’t in blaming people’s lifestyle but in the real understanding of the mechanism underlining fat formation and body fat distribution.

The obesity problem is the fault of bad science. Overweight and obese people are the victims of bad science. For many years they have being exploited by weight loss industry and at the same time they have been patronised and ridiculed by medical researchers and public health officials.

There is plenty to explain about the biological process of body fat formation and body fat distribution. The main obstacle for really understanding the biological basis of fat formation and fat distribution including the cause for the epidemic proportion of prevalence and trend of obesity is established science about body fat formation and body fat distribution.

Human’s attitude toward medical science is determined by fear from illnesses and hope that medical knowledge will protect or cure us from an undesirable health condition.

Fear from illnesses and diseases on the one side and on the other side hope that we will get rid of undesirable health conditions due to possible advances in medical science makes us prone to quackery and is responsible for the fact that we have to some extent a religious attitude towards medical science and people involved in medical professions.

In my opinion, the hardest part is that established professionals whether are they medical professionals like obesity surgeons, dieticians/nutritional or biology teachers and professors of biology will be reluctant to admit that the science of weight gain/weight loss is based on a misconception. To maintain their position and /or to avoid embarrassment they will go on this way or another hammered any real scientific progress in the understanding the basic biology of fat formation and fat distribution and the environmental factors that are responsible for the epidemic proportion in increases of obesity in recent decades.

Any discussions about environmental factors that are responsible for obesity problem in the last two to three decades will be pointless without the real understanding of biological mechanism of fat formation and fat distribution.

I hope at least some of you will find this interesting for future discussion.

Sorry for such a long post but I couldn’t explain it by using fewer words.

Thank you for any possible comment and/or question.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Luke.
Welcome to the forum. Interesting post for a first timer. Are you a Diabetic ?

Diabesity

Hi Luke,

A very interesting post. To which science do you refer regarding 'excess caloric intake does not lead to fat formation and weight gain'? I am aware that this is not the case in ALL cases but I thought it was for the majority. Indeed, when we feed our obesity models a high fat diet... they gain weight as fat. Do you have any papers relating to your area of study as I find it most interesting. After reading through your website your points are interesting but are they based on any scientific evidence or studies?

Luke Tunyich

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
A few things
by cugila on Today, 2:37 pm
Hi Luke.
Thank you cigila for your kind welcome.
I am not Diabetic and no one of my family is affected with any type of diabetes.

This is my first post on this forum but in the last 10 years I have send many letters and Emails to various medical researchers, various institutes involved in the research of obesity and to the USA and UK governments and public health officials involved in obesity problem.

The main point in all my letters was that obesity is misunderstood and is based on a flawed science and that obese people are victims of bad sciences. In every letter I have tried to present my research and discovery about the cause for obesity and solution for obesity. Till today, I didn’t get any attention.

Just three to four years ago the theory that consumed calories less calories burned trough physical activity resulted in weight change was an unquestionable dogma.

Any mentioning that people not getting overweight or obese because of insufficient physical activity and/or excessive food uptake was a blasphemy.

We have today obesity epidemic, diabetes epidemic and epidemics of many other negative health conditions not because of bad life style but because of the crisis in medical science.

I won’t be able to explain in one or in a few posts but I hope trough productive discussion we will get more insights about that.

by Diabesity on Today, 3:14 pm

Hi Luke,

A very interesting post. To which science do you refer regarding 'excess caloric intake does not lead to fat formation and weight gain'?
This is my theory based on many years of research. I can provide plenty of evidence that supports my theory about the biological basis for body fat formation and body fat distribution. On the other hand, my theories related to body fat formation and body fat distribution is easy to prove in real life.

I am aware that this is not the case in ALL cases but I thought it was for the majority.

That is a good point and I agree with you. It is the fact that for some people, excess caloric intake induce weight gain and by some people doesn’t. This fact alone shows that the biological basis of fat formation can’t be observed trough the model of energy balance.
The biological basis or fat formation is the same for people by whom excess caloric intake induce weight gain and by people by whom the excess caloric intake doesn’t induce weight gain. It is because it can’t be two different biological mechanism of fat formation.
By people who excess caloric intake result in weight gain the biological mechanism of fat formation is triggered by excessive caloric intake. By people that excessive caloric intake doesn’t result in weight gain the biological mechanism isn’t triggered by excessive caloric intake.
Even when the excessive caloric intake trigger the biological mechanism of fat formation still there is the one factor that determines how much fat mass will be formed. The same amount of excessive caloric intake will not always produce the same amount of fat mass. (I hope we will come to this point of discussion.)

The biological mechanism of fat formation is just one and at the present is misunderstood by established scientists. (I have discovered the biological basis of fat formation and fat distribution and I hope we will come to this point in a few days or in a few weeks.)

One of the important points is that the majority of overweight people and children do not get overweight or obese because of excessive caloric intake and/or insufficient physical activity.

People can eat plenty without triggering the mechanism of fat formation and on the other hand, people can eat normal or less than required and still trigger the mechanism of fat formation.

The reason why that is happening is is not because of genetics, but because of some other factors. (I hope we will come to this point of discussion.)

Indeed, when we feed our obesity models a high fat diet... they gain weight as fat.

Apart from three research studies done on humans involving excessive feeding, all other studies are done on animals. The result of every research study done on humans shows that people do not get obese or severely obese because of excessive food intake. On the other hand, each research study done on human and animals undoubtedly shows the embarrassing fact that the entire science of obesity is based without knowing that metabolic waste contains calories.

The result of every research study done on animals is giving us a first impression that the excessive food intake is responsible for excessive weight gain.
But if we take a closer look we will discover that animal models of obesity shows that people do not get obese or severely obese because of excessive food intake.

One fact is that severe obesity is unknown among animals. Only human is able to gain 6 times more weight than what is their normal weight. If it is possible for animals to gain 6 times more weight than what is their normal weight than in that, case a man can overfeed a cow and get an “elephant size cow”, or a man can overfeed an elephant and get an “dinosaur’s size elephant”. It is obvious that this is impossible. Only the human is able to gain 6 to 7 times more weight than what is his normal weight.

Another important factor is fat distribution by animals and by humans. When animals gain weight their fat is distributed identical to each other.
By human it is different. Some human excessive fat mass is formed around the abdomen, by some mostly around the hips and buttocks. This is just two main variations of fat distribution but there are plenty of others. For example by some people significant amount of excessive fat mass is located in the lower part of the abdomen and by some is not. By some people significant amount of fat mass is located in the front side of the neck forming “double chin” and by some other people it isn’t. This is just a few examples and to describe all difference in fat distribution among humans it will be necessary to write many pages.
On the other hand, fat distribution among animals can be described in one sentence. All animals have nearly identical to each other the body shape whether they are underweight, normal weight or they are overweight.
It requires a rich imagination to imagine two cows (or any other animals) whereby one cow’s excessive fat mass is located mainly in the hips and buttocks and by others, cow excessive fat mass is located around the abdomen.

Do you have any papers relating to your area of study as I find it most interesting.
After reading through your website your points are interesting but are they based on any scientific evidence or studies?
Apart from observation and by me done experiment that can be easily replicated, all points that I’ve stated is based on all scientific evidences and study done till these days and I didn’t included an article on my website in order to use as few words as possible.

Concerning my statement that the entire science obesity is based on the foundation where the content of energy in metabolic waste is overlooked, but there is plenty of evidence that undoubtedly shows this embarrassing fact.

You need just to tell me what evidence and study you want and I will be glad to provide you that.

I tried to answer your question as best as I could, but if something that I didn’t answer or there is something in my post that is confusing, please do not hesitate to tell me and I will try to give more explanations about any point in this discussion.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Luke Tunyich said:
(I have discovered the biological basis of fat formation and fat distribution and I hope we will come to this point in a few days or in a few weeks.)

Dont be a tease Luke if you know how the overweight among us can loose weight just tell us.

Or are you just another snake oil salesman trying to sell a book
I detect the whiff of spam
nono.gif

Diabesity

Luke Tunyich said:
by cugila on Today, 2:37 pm
Hi Luke.
Thank you cigila for your kind welcome.
I am not Diabetic and no one of my family is affected with any type of diabetes.

This is my first post on this forum but in the last 10 years I have send many letters and Emails to various medical researchers, various institutes involved in the research of obesity and to the USA and UK governments and public health officials involved in obesity problem.

The main point in all my letters was that obesity is misunderstood and is based on a flawed science and that obese people are victims of bad sciences. In every letter I have tried to present my research and discovery about the cause for obesity and solution for obesity. Till today, I didn’t get any attention.

Just three to four years ago the theory that consumed calories less calories burned trough physical activity resulted in weight change was an unquestionable dogma.

Any mentioning that people not getting overweight or obese because of insufficient physical activity and/or excessive food uptake was a blasphemy.

We have today obesity epidemic, diabetes epidemic and epidemics of many other negative health conditions not because of bad life style but because of the crisis in medical science.

I won’t be able to explain in one or in a few posts but I hope trough productive discussion we will get more insights about that.

by Diabesity on Today, 3:14 pm

Hi Luke,

A very interesting post. To which science do you refer regarding 'excess caloric intake does not lead to fat formation and weight gain'?
This is my theory based on many years of research. I can provide plenty of evidence that supports my theory about the biological basis for body fat formation and body fat distribution. On the other hand, my theories related to body fat formation and body fat distribution is easy to prove in real life.

I am aware that this is not the case in ALL cases but I thought it was for the majority.

That is a good point and I agree with you. It is the fact that for some people, excess caloric intake induce weight gain and by some people doesn’t. This fact alone shows that the biological basis of fat formation can’t be observed trough the model of energy balance.
The biological basis or fat formation is the same for people by whom excess caloric intake induce weight gain and by people by whom the excess caloric intake doesn’t induce weight gain. It is because it can’t be two different biological mechanism of fat formation.
By people who excess caloric intake result in weight gain the biological mechanism of fat formation is triggered by excessive caloric intake. By people that excessive caloric intake doesn’t result in weight gain the biological mechanism isn’t triggered by excessive caloric intake.
Even when the excessive caloric intake trigger the biological mechanism of fat formation still there is the one factor that determines how much fat mass will be formed. The same amount of excessive caloric intake will not always produce the same amount of fat mass. (I hope we will come to this point of discussion.)

The biological mechanism of fat formation is just one and at the present is misunderstood by established scientists. (I have discovered the biological basis of fat formation and fat distribution and I hope we will come to this point in a few days or in a few weeks.)

One of the important points is that the majority of overweight people and children do not get overweight or obese because of excessive caloric intake and/or insufficient physical activity.

People can eat plenty without triggering the mechanism of fat formation and on the other hand, people can eat normal or less than required and still trigger the mechanism of fat formation.

The reason why that is happening is is not because of genetics, but because of some other factors. (I hope we will come to this point of discussion.)

Indeed, when we feed our obesity models a high fat diet... they gain weight as fat.

Apart from three research studies done on humans involving excessive feeding, all other studies are done on animals. The result of every research study done on humans shows that people do not get obese or severely obese because of excessive food intake. On the other hand, each research study done on human and animals undoubtedly shows the embarrassing fact that the entire science of obesity is based without knowing that metabolic waste contains calories.

The result of every research study done on animals is giving us a first impression that the excessive food intake is responsible for excessive weight gain.
But if we take a closer look we will discover that animal models of obesity shows that people do not get obese or severely obese because of excessive food intake.

One fact is that severe obesity is unknown among animals. Only human is able to gain 6 times more weight than what is their normal weight. If it is possible for animals to gain 6 times more weight than what is their normal weight than in that, case a man can overfeed a cow and get an “elephant size cow”, or a man can overfeed an elephant and get an “dinosaur’s size elephant”. It is obvious that this is impossible. Only the human is able to gain 6 to 7 times more weight than what is his normal weight.

Another important factor is fat distribution by animals and by humans. When animals gain weight their fat is distributed identical to each other.
By human it is different. Some human excessive fat mass is formed around the abdomen, by some mostly around the hips and buttocks. This is just two main variations of fat distribution but there are plenty of others. For example by some people significant amount of excessive fat mass is located in the lower part of the abdomen and by some is not. By some people significant amount of fat mass is located in the front side of the neck forming “double chin” and by some other people it isn’t. This is just a few examples and to describe all difference in fat distribution among humans it will be necessary to write many pages.
On the other hand, fat distribution among animals can be described in one sentence. All animals have nearly identical to each other the body shape whether they are underweight, normal weight or they are overweight.
It requires a rich imagination to imagine two cows (or any other animals) whereby one cow’s excessive fat mass is located mainly in the hips and buttocks and by others, cow excessive fat mass is located around the abdomen.

Do you have any papers relating to your area of study as I find it most interesting.
After reading through your website your points are interesting but are they based on any scientific evidence or studies?
Apart from observation and by me done experiment that can be easily replicated, all points that I’ve stated is based on all scientific evidences and study done till these days and I didn’t included an article on my website in order to use as few words as possible.

Concerning my statement that the entire science obesity is based on the foundation where the content of energy in metabolic waste is overlooked, but there is plenty of evidence that undoubtedly shows this embarrassing fact.

You need just to tell me what evidence and study you want and I will be glad to provide you that.

I tried to answer your question as best as I could, but if something that I didn’t answer or there is something in my post that is confusing, please do not hesitate to tell me and I will try to give more explanations about any point in this discussion.

I don't have time right this second to respond to all of your points. Are any of your lab experiments biochemistry and molecular biology based? How have you researched these questions?

The point about fat distribution I know a bit about. Humans do indeed have similar fat distribution. However, it is different for men and women. The sex hormones testosterone and estrogen are important in fat distribution. Men accumulate fat inside the abdomen and have apple shaped bodies where as women accumulate fat mainly in the hips and thighs and have the pear shaped bodies. This is why when women go through the menopause and their proportion of estrogen to testosterone decreases, fat from the thighs and hips migrates into the visceral depots. The fat in the visceral area is the 'more dangerous' fat which contributes to insulin resistance and thus T2 diabetes. This is also why men have a higher case of diabetes than women.

I understand the point you are making with caloric intake. I agree it is not as simple as in and out. As you mentioned calories/fat is excreted. However, consuming calories in excess of what your body can metabolise and excrete must be stored as glycogen in muscles and as fat in adipose tissue. Therefore I do not agree with the point you are making entirely. Some people simply have a higher metabolism than others. The greater majority of people who consume too many calories and do not exercise enough will put on fat and become overweight.

Severe obesity is not unknown among animals. There are numerous examples among domesticated animals including cats/dogs/rodents. See here for examples http://images.google.co.uk/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=hp&q=obese+cat&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq= Of course, obesity would be relatively rare in the wild as food is not plentiful and animals have to hunt and search for food. The lifestyle of humans today is sedentary where as a few hundred years ago we were all much more active and did not have the high fat food we have today.

Part of the reason humans may be able to accumulate more fat is that we have evolved to use fat as an insulator of heat. Animals have hair which keeps them warm and they would not have needed to accumulate as much subcutaneous fat. You could try and feed up a cow but I think they mainly eat grass so I don't know if it would be possible either.

I apologize if I have not been able to address some of the other points as I have limited time.

Regards,
Diabesity

Diabesity

catherinecherub said:
To all of us who have a weight problem.
This article asks,

.....is it in the genes. :?:
.....is it biology. :?:
.....is it too much food. :?:
.....is it a viral infection. :?:
.....is it insulin resistance. :?:
.....is it metabolic conditions we encountered in the womb :?:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200806/five-stealth-forces-in-weight-loss

My answer to the initial question would be:

Genes - in a very small minority of people but for most people NO.
Biology - Yes - in a way but only due to excess caloric intake.
Food - Yes
Viral infection - No
No and No for the others.
Not enough exercise - Yes

Luke Tunyich

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
A few things
Sid Bonkers said:
Luke Tunyich said:
(I have discovered the biological basis of fat formation and fat distribution and I hope we will come to this point in a few days or in a few weeks.)

Dont be a tease Luke if you know how the overweight among us can loose weight just tell us.

nono.gif

By no means is my intention to tease. My intention is to explain how overweight, obese and the severely obese can lose weight without exposing themselves to any danger. I have posted my previous two posts with only one intention, to find a way to explain. I wish and I hope I will start the discussion of how to lose excessive weight. But there are a few problems that need to be solved before serious discussions about how to lose excessive body weight.

One problem is that it seems that everybody thinks that he/she already knows how to lose weight.

On the other hand, such thinking is based on two undeniable facts.

The fact is that people who have normal weight or underweight, in order to maintain their existing body weight; they need nothing to change but to continue with their amount of daily physical activity along with continuing their daily amount of food intake.

The other fact is that a normal weight person and even a slightly overweight person an increased physical activity and/or decreased food intake will result in weight loss. On top of these two facts there is the fact that a small percentage of overweight people succeed in the attempt to lose excessive body weight by reducing food intake and/or increasing physical activity. There is even a rare case when an obese person succeeds to lose excessive body weight by increasing physical activity and/or decreasing food intake.

This is just one side of the truth. If we look on the other side of problem we can see that the majority of obese people and the majority of parents that have obese children are following every recommendation that came from the people that are involved in the research and treatment of obesity and still they are, together with the rest of population, getting more and more obese.

Just a decade and half ago, severe obesity was nearly unknown in the UK. There were overweight people but the severely obese person was rare to see. Just 12 to 15 years ego in the UK the problem of severe-morbid obesity was unknown and nowadays it has reached epidemic proportions. Even without any report from an official body, but just with a simple observation, it can be concluded that in the last 12 to 15 years the prevalence of severe obesity in the UK has increased ten or twenty times or even more.

On the other hand, all previous attempts to tackle the rising trend of obesity have failed.

Largely ignored by the media, many studies have pointed out that physical activities didn’t decrease in the last few decades and a few studies also point out that the food intake didn’t increased in the last few decades and at the same time the prevalence of obesity and particularly the prevalence of severe obesity, are increasing each year.

Furthermore, largely ignored by the media and by health officials, there is evidence of unexplained weight gain by adult and children who eat a normal diet and get sufficient exercise. The findings from several studies on obesity were revealed in 2008 by researchers at the European Congress on Obesity in Geneva.

There are plenty of studies telling us that any diet works, but on the other side, there is plenty of research that undoubtedly shows that the people that never try any diet have far less problems with obesity than a follower of any diet. This shows that all dietary interventions mostly recommended and promoted by the weight loss industry are to some extent responsible for the increase in the prevalence and severity of obesity. In reality, the theoretical basis of any dietary intervention for weight loss is a product of a misunderstanding about the fat formation on the body.

Even if it is obvious that the basic science (the theoretical basis) about weight gain/ weight loss is wrong, still there are various surgical interventions that show that even when people claim that for them nothing works for weight loss, still after they undergo surgical procedure for weight loss, they are losing weight even when previously nothing worked but it is a fact that not one of them has lost all the excessive body weight. Even after a drastic weight loss surgery like stomach stapling (Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass) or removing part of the stomach (Biliopancreatic Diversion), in the best case they lose 60-80% of the excessive body weight. (The lost body weight can’t be called entirely excessive because after WLS patient lose bone, muscle and fat mass.)

I was aware that putting the link on my website to my book doesn’t have any marketing value but it will many on this and any other forum lead to the conclusion that is spam posts.

The reason why I’ve included a link to my book is to discourage plagiarism and misuse.

Apart from the intention to discourage plagiarism and misuse, the link to the book has its purpose to protect me from being unfairly discredited. For example, in my reply to diabesity I wrote that “One fact is that severe obesity is unknown among animals”. He rightfully pointed that obesity among cats isn’t unknown. Talking about obesity without knowing this fact will be embarrassing. In this case I can prove that I was aware about obesity among certain domestic animals because a few years ago I wrote in my book about the cause for obesity among domestic animals.

The last edition of my book is self published by LULU.com two years ago and all this time, apart from a few books that I both for my self no one else have bought this book. (My spheres of interests are neurological disorders and stroke, and in the last two years I have spent almost all my free time to those subjects.)

I didn’t come to this forum with the intention to sell my book. Trying to sell books without having access to media (TV, newspaper) is fruitless.

In my opinion, only an idiot will try to sell books merely by engaging in forum discussions.

If I sussed in my attempt to explain how to lose weight and get rid of diabetes then I think I wouldn’t worry about book marketing.

I’m thankful to you for your comment because I didn’t feel good about the link to the book on my website and your comment gave me an excuse to explain why I’ve done that.

I tried to explain as best as I could but if you still have concerns about “snake oil salesman” and “spam” or other concerns please do not hesitate to tell me.

Diabesity on Today, 7:25 pm

The point about fat distribution I know a bit about. Humans do indeed have similar fat distribution. However, it is different for men and women. The sex hormones testosterone and estrogen are important in fat distribution. Men accumulate fat inside the abdomen and have apple shaped bodies where as women accumulate fat mainly in the hips and thighs and have the pear shaped bodies. This is why when women go through the menopause and their proportion of estrogen to testosterone decreases, fat from the thighs and hips migrates into the visceral depots. The fat in the visceral area is the 'more dangerous' fat which contributes to insulin resistance and thus T2 diabetes. This is also why men have a higher case of diabetes than women.
In this paragraph there are plenty of theories and it will take a lot of time to explain the points in what I think is wrong. In my opinion there is a lot wrong with all these theories but at the moment, it will be unproductive to engage in the discussion related to those theories.

. ….However, consuming calories in excess of what your body can metabolise and excrete must be stored as glycogen in muscles and as fat in adipose tissue.…..
……Some people simply have a higher metabolism than others…..
I’m not agreeing with those theories. In my opinion this is just two of many “ad hoc” theories related to obesity. It will take a lot of time to explain the points of what I think is wrong. If you insist I will try to explain, otherwise I’ll leave those theories aside.

Severe obesity is not unknown among animals. There are numerous examples among domesticated animals including cats/dogs/rodents. See here for examples http://images.google.co.uk/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=hp&q=obese+cat&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=
Unintentionally, I didn’t mention this in my previous post. I am aware that many pets that live inside the house are affected with obesity and some of them with obesity and diabetes. I wrote about that a few years ago. Domestic animals including pets that live outside the house or they spend a significant amount of time by being outside, obesity is nonexistent.

Of course, obesity would be relatively rare in the wild as food is not plentiful and animals have to hunt and search for food.
Not rare, obesity is not existent in wilderness. There is a report that people encountered a UFO a Yeti in Himalaya, but there is no report that anyone ever encountered obese animals in wilderness. (Wild bear gain plenty of weight before winter but he isn’t overweight or obese because that is his normal weight.)

The lifestyle of humans today is sedentary where as a few hundred years ago we were all much more active and did not have the high fat food we have today.
Part of the reason humans may be able to accumulate more fat is that we have evolved to use fat as an insulator of heat. Animals have hair which keeps them warm and they would not have needed to accumulate as much subcutaneous fat.
Obesity didn’t start a few hundreds years ago. The obesity problem is a few decades old.

On the other hand, there are research studies that show that restriction of food intake doesn’t work, as well as three studies that deliberately overfeeding is impossible to induce obesity in humans.

On top of those there are studies that show that physical activity level didn’t decreased in the last few decades as well as there are research studies that show that physical activity is insufficient for weight loss. This all shows that the problem of obesity is far more complicated and that is the reason that it is impossible to explain in one post.

What is going is that I will try to explain in my next posts along with how to lose weight and I hope you will find it interesting and worthy to discuss.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Luke, you talk a lot but you actually say very little a bit like a politician

Luke Tunyich said:
If I sussed in my attempt to explain how to lose weight and get rid of diabetes then I think I wouldn’t worry about book marketing.

Oh, so now you have a cure for diabetes as well as obesity :lol:

frenchkittie

I haven't been able to raise enough stamina to read through all of your long posts Luke (so please forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been said) but I notice from the link beside your posts that you have a website dedicated to publicizing your book.

Interesting to read there that diabetes, as well as obesity, are (in your opinion) caused by upholstered chairs and sofas :shock:

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi Luke,

I'm afraid that you'll need to keep it short and snappy, or else people are going to lose interest.

Would you be able to distill your weight loss theory into a couple of sentences?

jopar

no chance of getting it in a couple of sentences! I’ve yet to come across any type of diet being sold that isn’t completely bulked out by theory to support why one should part with one’s money for the information!
Theories, theories of all sorts put forward to explain an ever expanding waist line of the human race...
I noticed on the link given, that some supporting evidence to underpin what he’s saying, is looking at facts and figures from decades ago.. In a high percentage of cases back tracking to previous generations of the human race to use as a comparison or to support an ideology is pretty useless and more than often misleading and used to distort information...
One has to consider, Birth rates, baby mortality rate, infant mortality (which even 10 years ago was a lot different than today) health care changes, success rates of treating individual diseases, social living standards, work practices mortality rates throughout the generations... Dementia within the elderly still sits around the 5% mark, but it seems a lot worse because there are a lot more people reaching higher ages, for us to hit our 80 and 90’s is a lot more common now than it was even 10 years ago...
A lot of obesity is caused by easier access to foods, processed foods, larger quantities of foods, easier access to luxury high carb foods... combined with daily routine tasks getting easier and less physical, more machines and equipment to take the physical strain out of everyday tasks and manufacturing, all leads to lower physical activity for most, even central heating plays a part, we’ll warm so no energy or calories being burnt off to keep warm!

Diabesity

. ….However, consuming calories in excess of what your body can metabolise and excrete must be stored as glycogen in muscles and as fat in adipose tissue.…..
……Some people simply have a higher metabolism than others…..
I’m not agreeing with those theories. In my opinion this is just two of many “ad hoc” theories related to obesity. It will take a lot of time to explain the points of what I think is wrong. If you insist I will try to explain, otherwise I’ll leave those theories aside.

Please explain. Try to in as few words as possible

Of course, obesity would be relatively rare in the wild as food is not plentiful and animals have to hunt and search for food.
Not rare, obesity is not existent in wilderness. There is a report that people encountered a UFO a Yeti in Himalaya, but there is no report that anyone ever encountered obese animals in wilderness. (Wild bear gain plenty of weight before winter but he isn’t overweight or obese because that is his normal weight.)

You cannot completely be sure that obesity is non existent in wild animals since you have not checked every inch of the world. There may be a report but this does not make it true. I could claim to have seen an obese elephant but without proof what are you going to believe? I am not saying that I think there is obese wild animals... as I do not think there is.

C

catherinecherub

It is on his profile page. It seems we should not be shopping at large furniture retailers. :lol:

chris_h

Dislikes
Rap, grung and annoying people.
How come if you stop eating McDonalds, Chinese, and Indian takeaways, your weight goes down. If you start to do exercise and eat a balanced diet your weight goes down even further. sorry I can't go along with you Luke that fat is a science and no matter what you eat you wont gain weight, as I would be like a beanpole if that was the case. eat to much, lead a seditary life style and don't admit it to yourself, you'll see that is why we have a spreading waist line. How many fat people did you see leave Belsen? obvious to me and most laymen, if you try to stuff to much stuffing into a cushion what happens it gets fatter, take the stuffing out it is thinner, as is food to a person, once you admit you eat to much, as like an alcoholic to drink, you are half way there in losing the weight.
I have come back after reading the first page off of the link, I should never have put on weight or become diabetic, as if it is caused by sitting on soft sofas, as as a kid I always sat on the floor crossed legged or on my knees, we had polished hardwood floors and my Mother tried her hardest to get me to sit in an armchair, I even sat on a hard chair to eat at the table, even now I mainly sit on a dinning chair, as I find them more comfy, at the computer now I am sitting at the table on a wooden seated chair. Where I can I will still sit on the floor. As does my brother and he like me is diabetic and more over weight than me. If our mother would allow we used to sit on the floor at a coffee table to eat, just like the Japanese, he even lived in Japan for many years, living their life style, and still does now he is home. So sorry again I can't see it.

carefixer

Luke,

Obesity and overweight today are mainly caused by partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (PHVOs) such as rapeseed and sunflower oil. PHVO is also the cause of type 2 diabetes. This is well known and in the literature, see for example tfx.org. I'm not going to go through the literature yet again but for any newbies obesity can be cured by the dietary replacement of PHVO by natural polyunsaturates. There is no legal requirement to label PHVOs as such.

In the case of bottled oils use only "cold pressed" oils (inc olive).
Use only olive oil for frying and roasting.
Incorporate 2 tablespoonsful of hemp oil (e.g. GOOD OIL) into your daily fats and oils allowance.
Avoid "polyunsaturates" when a food packet or container is not also labelled as free of trans fats OR free of hydrogenated vegetable oil. Otherwise the polyunsaturates are most likely to be "trans-polyunsaturates" and will make you obese/and or give you diabetes or make it worse.

This small dietary change which is simply removing PHVO from the diet will be of massive benefits to most people on this site. For almost all posters PHVO is why you are here.

JM

izzie

i have a weight problem i am on insulin and all my weight is around my middle i eat a healthy diet and exericise but it gets me down my nurse says its to do with the insulin can anybody help