Weight plateau

Nikkig

I hope someone will have some ideas to help. I have been low carbing with the help of this forum, since my diagnosis in May. The weight has come off quite easily up until about two weeks ago - in the last two weeks I have lost 1lb :(

My carb intake is less than 40g per day and I am vegetarian, so I naturally eat a lot of cheese and eggs ( but not to excess)! Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I could kick start the weight loss again?

Thanks

MaryJ

Hi Nikki

Couple of thoughts

- up the exercise
- drop the carbs more
- has any alcohol increased, (that always stalls my weightloss) ?
- accept a plateau can happen and keep at it

Mary x

Defren

Nikkig said:
I hope someone will have some ideas to help. I have been low carbing with the help of this forum, since my diagnosis in May. The weight has come off quite easily up until about two weeks ago - in the last two weeks I have lost 1lb :(

My carb intake is less than 40g per day and I am vegetarian, so I naturally eat a lot of cheese and eggs ( but not to excess)! Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I could kick start the weight loss again?

Thanks

The best way to get over a plateau is mix up your calories. Shave off a couple of hundred calories for a couple of days, then bump them up and so on. Your metabolism has no idea what's going on and the weight will move again.

Another thing, are you eating enough calories a day? If I eat 1,200 or less a day I don't lose, eat 1,500 a day I lose steadily. Mad? Yes, but not only do I know it works, I have read it countless times around the web. Try upping your calorific intake for a week - 10 days, if that doesn't help, start mixing up your calories.

It's a bu**er when you plateau, but as I finally reached a normal BMI today after being obese, I have had a couple of plateaus and I know just how frustrating it can be. Keep going, you will get there, I know I have lost close to 90lbs

Nikkig

Thanks Defren back to the food diary again.

You're right - most days my calorie intake well below 1000 Cals, just not hungry. But back to the meal planning to add some on, thanks for your interest and well done for reaching normal BMI :clap: :clap:

Fraddycat

Well done Defren! Just what you deserve for all of your hard work!!

I plateau'd for a while and realised it was the alcohol that I was drinking, not so much but my bod was burning the alcohol first before fat. I have given it up for 30 days and that quickly accelerated my weightloss.

Defren

Thank you ladies. It's nice to be that much lighter. Still a wee bit to go, but I am a lot closer to my goal than I was, and boy can I feel it.

Try slightly calorie dense foods Nik, it means still eating the amount you are, but will boost your calories. My appetite is not good today, so I had 100mls of double cream with 10g of chia seeds and a hartley no added sugar jelly, 500 calories, that was quite easy to get down, and has boosted my calorie and fat intake to a much better level.

Good luck, you can do it. :D Jo.