weight watchers

avi

Dislikes
people who act like they are the diabetic police!!!
Hi
Was wondering if anyone as a type 1 has any experience of weight watchers. I have a bit of weight I would like to shift and was thinking of doing their low carb plan, but don't want togo and sign upif its not suitable,wasgoing to do it online as opposed to meetings.
Thanks
Avi

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure about WW but Slimming World do diets that are supposedly adaptable for people with diabetes, obviously with you being a type 1 you need to be mindful that you need to adjust your insulin doses when reducing the carbs in your diet, if I were you I'd have a word with WW first before enrolling to see what they say.

Desbrina

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a talk with your diabetes team. I got a 12 week referral through the so haven't had to pay yet. It included 16 weeks of the online system

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I'm type 1 and I was on WeightWatchers for just over a year and lost a stone and a half. Yay! Didn't have any problems, just followed normal insulin regime but was obv eating less carbohydrate. But lots of bananas. Got fed up with them actually. I also used the app, which isn't bad. So go for it. Good luck.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I went on weight watchers a few years ago and lost 2 stone it was great and now when i gain a few pound i do a week or 2 of it and the pounds come off. You have to have plenty of fruit and veg for snacking as they are free and u will find that u cos you are eating less carbs your insulin intake will be less. Download the app with the ww calculator its really helps.

tracey167