Weight

Les89

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm a type 2 diabetic and I've struggling for years with my weight, I'm 164.5 Kg I've been redcing my calorie intake and exercising as much as I can,and apart from a few minor losses nothing significant.Is there anyone out who can help me as my lack of is beginning to both physically and mentally

Les89

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Les89 welcome to the forum. What do you normally eat - do you eat a lot of carbs such as pasta, rice, potatoes, bread and low fat foods? A number of people on here, including me, have managed to lose weight by using the low carb, full fat approach. However just noted that you are Type 1.5 so my advice may not be appropriate as assume you are on insulin? Hopefully one of the insulin users such as @noblehead, @donnellysdogs or @Daibell will be along to advise

Last edited by a moderator:

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm a type 2 diabetic and I've struggling for years with my weight, I'm 164.5 Kg I've been redcing my calorie intake and exercising as much as I can,and apart from a few minor losses nothing significant.Is there anyone out who can help me as my lack of is beginning to both physically and mentally

Les89

That has got to be depressing mate. I have tried low calorie diets in the past and just couldn't stick to them. To reinforce the message of Daphne917, low carb, full fat has worked for a lot of people. Mind you I am not entirely sure what T1.5 is so I guess you need to seek medical advice from your Doctor. The only downside of that is that low carb full fat is not what most GPs (in the UK at least) recommend. So you may get a repeat of the same dieting advice that has left you where you are now. Good luck.