Weird breakfast habits....what weird recipes have you put together ?

Tinmis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
illness
I am not sure how I arrived at the recipe (loose description), probably read too much and can't walk past Costco organic range....but breakfast on the go has developed into

Put kettle on
Body a 45 degree angle to kitchen work surface, 30 push ups ( can't do those awful floor ones).
Get bowl
2 big tablespoons full fat Greek yoghurt
1 big tablespoon organic flax
1 big tablespoon organic chia seeds
Pinch big rolled oats ( straight from packet)
1 big tea spoon of organic coca powder.
2nd set of push ups
Mix together till looks like you can lay bricks with it.
3rd set push ups. Eat

Food Prep time 30 seconds. Wash down with coffee.
Total process 4 mins.
To shorten to 2 mins drop the coffee & push-ups replace with water and good stretch.
Seems to work, rarely feel like a snack in between meals, and if so a stick of celery normally does the trick. Strange but I have actually come to like it. If there are down side to these ingredients please feedback.
Anyone else have any weird food recipes you never thought you would eat or like?

Reactions: 6 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never thought I would eat a green salad & tuna for breakfast but that it what I have done at least twice. Omelette without toast still feels weird.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Ha ! Love your breakfast post, virtually the same as mine ! I now going to add coca powder to mine too after reading yours, however I make mine up at the start of the week so it's had time to soak in and then lasts a week:

Tablespoon of chia seeds
Tablespoon of ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons of dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons of porridge oats
1 tablespoon of flaked almonds

Each morning I have a small pot of this with blueberries and full fat greek yoghurt, I count this as 30g of carbs. Been doing it for months, keeps me full all morning, it's my bircher museli adaption ;)

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love chia seed porridge, but most days I prefer savoury first thing. My favourite is:

Gently fry all the lovely veg in your fridge in good quality olive oil (this morning I had a field mushroom, some courgette, aubergine and celery) add a fresh chopped chilli, crushed garlic, chopped fresh ginger. Mash tofu with soy sauce and turmeric and add. Then wilt lots of greens over the top. Then stuff yer face ;-)

I do NOT excercise while cooking breakfast - I feed the dogs (we've already been out walking) and the birds and disagree with everyone on the Today Programme on the radio...

Reactions: 2 people

BagPuss66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hmmm.... Guess I'm odd.

Go to Co-op (night before) buy mix seafood thing (contains mussels, crab stick pieces and prawns). Lightly dust with salt and pepper add a liberal squeeze of lemon juice, plop a Berocca in a glass with some fizzy (49p for 2L) water, job done.

Ohh and open the door to let the cat out, dogs way too much work :).

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Too many seeds (give them to the parrot, arrgh)I will stick to strawberries, blueberries and one shredded wheat. works for me. ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
last night's (low carb) curry is a fave. Happy days.

but I hardly eat breakfast nowadays. :(

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
We like a treat for brunch at the weekends, and trying to keep it low carb, so we've been replacing the muffin in Eggs Benedict, or whatever bread we'd have with a kind of large, flat courgette bhaji, made with Gram flour and courgettes put through the spiraliser, some spring onion and lots of different spices - we've not settled on a firm mix of spices yet, too much curry type flavours seem wrong at breakfast, but it needs a bit of oomph.

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:woot:

These mashy, seedy breakfasts are exactly what I am eating these days! The night before I mix

2 tbsp pre- and slow-cooked courgette porridge
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp milled flaxseeds
small handful of Lidl mixed seeds
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
few cacao nibs
1 large tbsp chia seeds
I fill this up with home made coconut yoghurt and mix until I can lay bricks with it too ;), then leave in the fridge until the next morning. Mostly I make two portions.

It took me a while to find a tasty way to combine my porridge with coconut yoghurt.