well i got what i wanted under 10

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
our hba1c came back today not perfect but after 2 months of pumping its come down from 10.5 to 9.2 which when u think in 4 years we have not been under 10 i am over the moon with it, still room for improvement tho and ill hope for the next one to be under 9 :D

i spoke to his nurse and she was happy with the result too saying she didnt want it to come down too quick as it can make them feel ill so she was of the same opinion as me that next time we go for somewhere in the 8s. so some more tweeking in the next week or to for us :D

anna marie

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
well done :)

that's great, i think it's better if you come down slowly!

It's still early days, and i bet the next one will be under nine, then under 8, the bang on target.

Give yourself and Dylan a big pat on the back :)

iHs

Hi

I also back up the lower your a1c gradually. It's a mistake for anyone to lower it too quickly as it can cause blood vessel problems especially with eyes. Better to lower bg levels bit by bit and give the body time to adjust I think.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Anna Marie, well done do both you and Dylan, that is a great improvement and in a very small space of time :D When you think that Dylan has only been pumping for about 2 months and a lot of that time you have been adjusting and tweaking things, that's a very good result, you must be very pleased. Well done to you both :D

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanku all thought people would say is that all lol but the main thing is im happy its an improvement and it may not be in the 6s and 7s but its on its way and the best result we have ever had and it will get to the ideal with a bit more work

anna marie

leggott

That is superb! In such a short space of time you have achieved so much so I'm sure it won't be too long before the result will be even lower.

Well done to you and Dylan - what a team!

leggott

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
That's excellent news Anna Marie, I too am looking for a better result for James which I hope will be done when we next visit hospital on 19th April. James has always been in the 7's until this last reading which was 8. The DSN did say before she left that we would see a drastic difference when the next one is done. Here's hoping. :)

Onward and upward :wink:

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thanks stoney i was pleased with any improvement to be honest but to be close to 9 is fab never had one that low (i know its not low just low for us lol ) ill keep my fingers crossed for u altho 7 is good

anna marie