Were you induced early??

sugar2

Yes, 38w 6 days.

thsi was my 2nd baby, 1st was 35 W6 days emergency c section...and so the second one was always going to be a ce sections as well...they made it sounds liek a natural birth for me would be anything other than "natural"...so teh timing was just what they normally do for elective c sections. The timing was not directly related to me diabetes

32 w...how exciting!

EloiseMum

Had natural births with my first two, but dint have GD with them... so hoping for same but been told they wont let me go to due date just be nice to know when lol

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My experience is 18 years old so probably won't be applicable now. I had borderline Gestational Diabetes with my third child but I was only told to watch what I ate. They scanned me several times and said baby was normal size but I would be induced at 40 weeks to stop the baby getting too big. My daughter was born 9lb 8oz at term - maybe I should have been induced earlier...

EloiseMum

i'm on diet only at the moment but think they want me to go on tablets from Monday, my last baby was 9lb so maybe I had it then? but was 2 weeks over so guess he would have been alot bigger? :shock:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My first child was 9lb 3oz and was a week overdue. They found high sugar levels at 39 weeks but they let me go to 41 weeks and then was induced. My second child two years later, I didn't have any problems at all and she was born at 42 weeks at 7lb 12oz, but maybe she would have been heavier at 40 weeks,

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Does anyone know if you get the choice to be induced at 38 weeks? I read somewhere that they offer to induce you at 38 weeks, not sure how much say we get in the matter though, I am just thinking that the sooner the baby is out the sooner I can know he is safe and sound, so would be happy to be induced at 38 weeks if they give me the option

sugar2

That really is one to talk to your consultant (obs) about...as I think different hospitals have different policies. 2 years ago, I would have been induced at 38 weeks...but was instead booked in for a c section. I got to 36 weeks before they actually committed to anything then...being told, just see how it goes...ver annoying, I wanted to know!

I think, in general, if all is looking good, then they will probably induce you at 38 weeks, but it will depend what teh scans say, and your control, bp are like etc. I was told early on teh 38 weeks was teh longest they would let me go...but my 1st baby was born at 35 + 6...after an emergency c section, so I was never going to be typical!

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Thanks sugar2, that just brought my due date two weeks forward! To be honest earlier is better for me as I am going on maternity leave early now due to finding it impossible to cope with constant multiple daily hypos whilst doing a busy, stressful job - so that means more time to be off with the baby before I have to return to work in 2012. I read in the NICE guidance that we should be offered an induction at 38 weeks (if all is well, obv) so will just shove that under their noses if they don't offer it me without good cause.

naomi

I got gd at 28 weeks with baby number 1 and had failed induction and emergency c section at 37 weeks 4 days and she weighed 11lb 4oz :shock:

I am now insulin dependant since first pregnancy

Baby number 2 born 15 weeks ago by planned c section at 37 weeks 2 days weighing :shock: :shock: 12lb 13.5 oz

the_anticarb

Dislikes
just found out my new hospital will offer induction at 38 weeks (the other one didn't), even if no sign of any probs, which is good news for me as a) i'd rather know when I will have the baby and b) the earlier I have the baby the more time I can spend with him before my mat leave ends. Also, and I know this is silly, but he is now due in the same week that me and my other half have our birthdays, so we will all have birthdays together, can be like a family birthday week!!