West Coast Cooler Rose... appropriate?

Isobel94

Dear all,

I am not a huge drinker by any means and when I do drink it's minimal and usually when just relaxing on the couch. I'd just like to ask people out there if they drink West Coast Cooler Rose, because it has only 4% alcohol content, however it contains quite a bit of fruit sugar. I'm not really sure how to respond to this, especially because I drink it only on occasion.

Thank you,

Izzy.

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never drunk it or even heard of it, but if it contains a lot of sugar then maybe consider taking a few units of insulin (if you're on the carb-counting basal bolus regime!) - but bear in mind that drinking alcohol is likely to end up lowering your blood sugar eventually if you have a lot.

Isobel94

Hi picklebean,

I suppose everything in moderation, and then some :p.

Thanks for the advice. I did try just not taking the novorapid and having the West Coast Cooler before, as I was afraid of having a low, but then I was 14 mmol/l before I went to bed, two hours after one glass of it. I'm pretty sure I was 6 before I started. So definitely a bit of novo needed there!

Thank you!

Izzy.

Isobel94

Hi picklebean,

I suppose everything in moderation, and then some :p.

Thanks for the advice. I did try just not taking the novorapid and having the West Coast Cooler before, as I was afraid of having a low, but then I was 14 mmol/l before I went to bed, two hours after one glass of it. I'm pretty sure I was 6 before I started. So definitely a bit of novo needed there!

Thank you!

Izzy.

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:D I think moderation is the key with most things.... but then they say you can't have too much of a good thing! :lol:

Maybe it's worth doing some trial and error adjustments with taking some insulin - I'm just wary of it because of the later effects of the alcohol lowering your blood sugar. I've never had too many problems with alcohol lowering my levels but for some people it can make a huge difference. I guess it depends on lots of other factors as well, just like so many things with diabetes! :roll: