What’s Become Of @nokindofsusie?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s some time now since @NoKindOfSusie joined in the threads, and even though her outlook was fairly black I miss her, and feel concerned.
Has anyone heard from her?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
According to her profile she was on line here at 1.40 this morning, just reading I guess. But you’re right her last post was a few weeks ago. I too hope she’s ok. I hope she’ll feel comfortable posting when she has reason to.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks, Rachox, it’s good to know.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been chatting with her. I don’t think she feels especially welcome here any more.

Edited by Urbanacer - not sure if this was meant to be derogatory - you may of course delete this post of your own volition or update me as to the meaning of the symbols.

Last edited by a moderator:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been chatting with her. I don’t think she feels especially welcome here any more.

I'm glad she's ok as I did wonder, and she shouldn't feel unwelcome, we've all got our own ways with dealing with T1 at the end of the day and what works for one may not work for another....

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Edited by Urbanacer - not sure if this was meant to be derogatory - you may of course delete this post of your own volition or update me as to the meaning of the symbols.

It was a sad face that she felt unwelcomed, nothing more. I really hope well for her. I know she struggled.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
It was a sad face that she felt unwelcomed, nothing more. I really hope well for her. I know she struggled.

OK - apologies. But you know there are many emoji's in the top bar to choose from if you need to communicate an emotion succinctly.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I’m glad she’s got you to chat with Mel.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not surprised. Every time she posted something 100 people would have a go at her about being negative.

I was diagnosed about the same time as her, so I completely understood where she was coming from a lot of the time. I was lucky to have a diabetes team who were very supportive.

Hope she comes back. Perhaps set herself up under a different name!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
100 people? She was slowly adjusting and pulled out at the wrong time, just on the turn to the run home.

Don't use the "100 people" nonsense. Many tried to help and even she'd admit that. I still wish her well

Reactions: lucylocket61