What About No-Diabetes Week?

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

This time next month it will be Diabetes Week. I just wondered what would you do if there was a No-Diabetes Week, a week when diabetes and all that goes with it just didn't exist?

Personally, I'd use the driving licence that was revoked to ride my Harley Davidson, take the family on a short Euro break, walk a lot and probably eat enough to give me diabetes by the following week.

Ho hum!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure, I think not having to inject or test bg would be enough for me to enjoy the week :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
mrburden said:
Hi All,

This time next month it will be Diabetes Week. I just wondered what would you do if there was a No-Diabetes Week, a week when diabetes and all that goes with it just didn't exist?

Personally, I'd use the driving licence that was revoked to ride my Harley Davidson, take the family on a short Euro break, walk a lot and probably eat enough to give me diabetes by the following week.

Ho hum!

What a wonderful thought, I don't know what I would do tbh, but a no diabetes week ,brilliant, I will have to give it some thought :thumbup:

RRB :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've been doing 'no diabetes week' for longer than a week now... I used to be so amal about writing everything down (and on pump- each individual hour of basal rate) + bolus, corrections, TBR's etc. it would take an hour anight to update the record book.
I've done nothing in my record book since 24 April. I've just done the necessary on my machine and thats it.

I really feel as if I've had a no diabetes few weeks.... And the 'so fed up with diabetes' mood has lifted. I still care, but not so anal about my routines at lighing and changing rates etc.

It done me good to forget my book, although I know I will have to go back to recording details again....

Oh for a total week off!!! - i would die for that ... (LOL!!)