1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What Are the Biggest Mistakes Vegans Make? Brenda Davis, R.D.

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Winnie53, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This is an excellent 8 minute presentation on whole food, vegan sources of some macro and micro nutrients, also which nutrients need to be supplemented. It just posted today here...

I don't know if it's a complete discussion on the topic, but I think it's a good start. Brenda Davis is a highly respected vegan nutritionist, author, and advocate in Canada.

For those who eat more of a paleo style diet, like me, I found her statement that 10% to 30% of adults over age 50 do not have adequate stomach acid and enzymes to cleave B-12 from animal protein.

2. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for posting

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook