what are the restrictions for diabetics.

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to all'

What are the restrictions for diabetics with the covid 19 as my daughter says i am not allowed to go out only to the doctors appointment next Monday for Hb1ac test
and also if I need to go the hospital wearing face masks as needed.
I do not have a letter as my husband does saying he is not allowed out as he has copd.
I dont have one yet my daughter says I must stay in but why if I don't have same conditions as he does.

Sparklebrightisright.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diabetics were not in the shielding group (unless something else qualified you - though some doctors have been adding some diabetics to shielding lists - but only some doctors and I think mostly for those with HbA1Cs), so unless you've specifically got the shielding letter yes you can go out - though if your husband is shielding I don't know what the rules for that are if you do go out.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Diabetes on its own, as long as you are reasonably well-controlled, doesn't require shielding according to the Govt, but we are in the highly vulnerable group so advised to be extra careful about cleaning and social distancing, etc., as the advice for a partner of anyone else who is shielding to reduce the risk to them.
However, the UK govt never got to grips with the issue of multiple risks, ie diabetes plus mild asthma plus mild heart disease which research shows increases the risks. So as I am retired and only a few months off 70 with all 3 conditions I decided to shield anyway.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has your husband had a letter? I would be more worried about bringing the virus home to him. My husband is self shielding, because I am.

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Yes my husband has had a letter when they were first given out and I thought i should have recived one but never did.

I do have asthma and arthritis and fatigue ect

Sparklebrightisright.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are doing online shopping, you should do it in your husbands name/email. You should ask your doctor if you can be put on the list. Yoou should be able to have medications delivered.

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi xfieldok,

Yes i have done online shopping not food as a relative does that for us but i do buy online and do have medications delivered.

Thanks for asking.

Sparklebrughtisright.