What bg levels are dangerous?

james122

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HIGH blood sugars!
I am really concerned about my Blood glucose levels as some of you may know but I seem to be having terrible problems with high blood sugars that I just can't control so could someone please tell me what BG levels are dangerous and risk for complications?
Please !!!! Put my mind at rest.

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am really concerned about my Blood glucose levels as some of you may know but I seem to be having terrible problems with high blood sugars that I just can't control so could someone please tell me what BG levels are dangerous and risk for complications?
Please !!!! Put my mind at rest.

I think it depends on how long you're bloods are running at that level. If you spike to 15/16 every so often it's not as bad at constantly running at 13/14 for a prolonged period of time.

Have you spoke to a doctor about it? Ideally you need to get them under control as soon as you can to avoid any complications.

Hope they come down soon x

Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Last edited by a moderator:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @james122

Have you spoken to your team about your concerns and issue with running high at all ? I know from your posts his has been a concern of yours for a while now and I don't think the responses you are getting from this forum and giving you peace of mind. Please call your nurse/consultant tomorrow and get an apt with them, tell them how this is affecting you mentally and that you need support, they should be able to work with you, please let us know how you get on.

Reactions: 2 people