What could be causing my Evening Hypo's ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
OK. Here's one for the rest of you. I shall be discussing this with my Endo on the phone first thing Monday morning.

I am on Byetta twice daily 10mcg and 1 x 500g Metformin morning and evening. Now I can eat a breakfast of 20 carbs in the morning and my Bg levels are all perfect after 1 and 2 hrs.

What I don't understand is this. Prior to last nights meal my Bg was a bit high for me at 5.7mmol/l. I ate a main meal of about 30 - 40 carbs in the evening and last night after 2 hrs it had dropped to give me a reading of 3.6, hypo time for me !! Basically I start to malfunction, typing is rubbish, felling clammy, cold, shaking, speech slurred and feeling sick. A few Gluco tabs and a slug of Lucozade and after about 30 minutes I was on the up. So glad about that.

This has happened almost every night this week starting from Monday.

Any body any ideas what is going on here ?

Ken. ( Can I sit this one out and just look at the responses ? ) :D

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Ken,
I'm not well educated on T2, but i'll throw in my pennies worth.
1. After your evening meal, am i right in thinking you enjoy a wee dram? have you increased the size of glass or amount poured into it, or even brand, that may have a higher alchohol content, therefore sending you low?
2. What has been on your evening menu of carbs? even new potatoes are meant to have a different carb content (unfortunatly i can't remember if its higher or lower)
3. Maybe you just need less medication, especially if youv'e lost weight, and with age sometimes our bodies just require less of everything, as it winds down in the evening.
Don't mean to make you sound like an alchoholic carb munching oldie, i'm too fond of you for that, but i apologise if i've upset you, i'd rather make you laugh,
Suzi x

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Suzi.

Point 1. No. I am not a lush. :D I don't have any food or drink after my main meal until I have finished testing after 2 hrs. THEN, I might have a small Whisky. (Single Malt)

Point 2. The actual carb content etc has been calculated on each individual item in my home made meal. So that is the total for the portion size that I have eaten.

Point 3. Age. Age ??? I'll have you know that I am 61 yrs young !! :shock:
I need lots of sustenance in all areas ? :oops: I try to look after myself.
I am a non alcoholic (now), low carb munching youngster and as you say you are fond of me, what are you doing next weekend ? I can arrange the babysitter ?

I think I am over medicated too. Thanks for answering and making an 'old' man happy ?

Ken. :D

Spiral

Sounds like a medication review is needed.

I'd agree with suzi, older bodies are much more "cost effective" when it comes to medication, as they don't need quite so much of the active ingredients to get the same effect.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Spiral.

What 'active ingredient' is this ? Is this something I should know about ? :D

Ken.

P.S. Is my last 'faux pas' forgiven then ?

Spiral

cugila said:
Spiral.

What 'active ingredient' is this ? Is this something I should know about ? :D

Ken.

P.S. Is my last 'faux pas' forgiven then ?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe we shoud be asking them to up your medication, Ken :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have you know my son pronounced the Fabulous Frappucino "delicious" this morning.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Is that the Bromide ? I thought it was working quite well ? :D

Ken

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Look after yourself Ken
Hana

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Laughter is the best medicine, glad i put a smile on your face Ken, I'll let you know about next weekend :wink:
Suzi x

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
cugila said:
This has happened almost every night this week starting from Monday.

Any body any ideas what is going on here ?

Could it be caused by the stress of moderating a diabetes forum?
whistling.gif

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Hi Sid.

Do you know, I never thought of that. If you hadn't come back, I don't know what I would have done. I'll add that to the list of possibles. Thank you. :D

Ken

cugila

Master
Dislikes
suzi said:
Laughter is the best medicine, glad i put a smile on your face Ken, I'll let you know about next weekend :wink:
Suzi x

Hi Suzi.

Sorry to disappoint you. I'm fixed up now. :wink:

Ken. x