1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What do you eat at Pizza Hut?

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by notafanofsugar, Jan 19, 2013.

1. notafanofsugar

notafanofsugar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I know it doesn't look that appetising, but I go for a thin base pizza - normally loaded with ham and then when I have a salad I go for the above :) sweet corn, beetroot and a bit of potato salad!

I love potato salad, but very much a great :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attached Files:

2. notafanofsugar

notafanofsugar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Never eaten at Pizza Hut, get the flyer's through the door but the food seems expensive :problem:

4. ))Denise((

))Denise(( Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I can't eat wheat, so Pizza Hut is a bit of a nightmare for me. I usually eat starters and salad.

5. WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet · Well-Known Member

I make my own pizzas at home, invite friends round for pizza and games or movies, havent had any complaints so far.

Only time I am forced to eat at Pizza Hut is when I am down in London taking my nieces and nephew out for a treat, they stuff themselves with Pizza, I have two starters = garlic prawns and a huge salad, keeps all of us happy and my bg level where I want it to be.

6. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

I wouldn't eat at Pizza hut normally, but don't they have salad bars with green salads? Pizza base and corn , beets and potato salad are all high carb! Are you an insulin user? If not, you probably will soon need to be.That kind of carb load is hard to manage otherwise.
    Hana

7. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Like denise, I am wheat and gluten intolerant too ...

A pizza does way tooooo much damage - so I simply "avoid" :thumbdown:
    Last time I ate a triangle of pizza it took me 4 days to get over it :sick:

Salad is more ideal for myself and safer :thumbup:
    If I am forced to be at a pizza hut (other's choice!)
    I will just have something from their salad bar plus iced mineral water with lemon slices in it .
    [stick to choosing from the green salady things only / avoiding the beige ! ]
    There is always a way around things :)

Anna.

8. sue32

sue32 · Well-Known Member

Anybody got any recipes for low carb pizza bases? It would be great to make my own!! :D

9. WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet · Well-Known Member

3 eggs, separated
    100g cream cheese/Philadelphia
    50g ground almonds
    1 tsp salt (omit if your topping is very salty)
    1 rounded tsp guar gum

Preheat the oven to 180C - whisk egg whites until very stiff, in a separate bowl whsk remaining ingredients, gently fold in the egg whites.
    Turn out on to a greased baking sheet, use a spatula to gently shape your pizza, bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven, now put on your topping, whatever you like, we had as base BBQ sauce (I make my own sugarfree sauces) spread all over, topped with chopped peppers, olives, goats cheese, salami, anchovies, 2 types of cheeses and jalapeno pepper, sprinkled with oregano.
    Once you have your topping on, return the pizza to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or so until the topping is cooked and the cheese melted.

Photos:
    http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/forum/v ... 9&start=10

10. l0vaduck

l0vaduck · Well-Known Member

I get low carb wraps and pitta breads from the low carb megastore, and use these to make myself a pizza if my other half orders one for his dinner.

I wouldn't go to Pizza Hut. I would need such a huge dose of insulin to cover pizza that the margin for error is unacceptably high for me. I'd really rather not!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook