What do you eat at Pizza Hut?

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
I know it doesn't look that appetising, but I go for a thin base pizza - normally loaded with ham and then when I have a salad I go for the above :) sweet corn, beetroot and a bit of potato salad!

I love potato salad, but very much a great :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1358600059.037759.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1358600059.037759.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,863

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Never eaten at Pizza Hut, get the flyer's through the door but the food seems expensive :problem:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't eat wheat, so Pizza Hut is a bit of a nightmare for me. I usually eat starters and salad.

WhitbyJet

I make my own pizzas at home, invite friends round for pizza and games or movies, havent had any complaints so far.

Only time I am forced to eat at Pizza Hut is when I am down in London taking my nieces and nephew out for a treat, they stuff themselves with Pizza, I have two starters = garlic prawns and a huge salad, keeps all of us happy and my bg level where I want it to be.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I wouldn't eat at Pizza hut normally, but don't they have salad bars with green salads? Pizza base and corn , beets and potato salad are all high carb! Are you an insulin user? If not, you probably will soon need to be.That kind of carb load is hard to manage otherwise.
Hana

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Like denise, I am wheat and gluten intolerant too ...

A pizza does way tooooo much damage - so I simply "avoid" :thumbdown:
Last time I ate a triangle of pizza it took me 4 days to get over it :sick:

Salad is more ideal for myself and safer :thumbup:
If I am forced to be at a pizza hut (other's choice!)
I will just have something from their salad bar plus iced mineral water with lemon slices in it .
[stick to choosing from the green salady things only / avoiding the beige ! ]
There is always a way around things :)

Anna.

sue32

Dislikes
false people
Anybody got any recipes for low carb pizza bases? It would be great to make my own!! :D

WhitbyJet

sue32 said:
Anybody got any recipes for low carb pizza bases? It would be great to make my own!! :D

3 eggs, separated
100g cream cheese/Philadelphia
50g ground almonds
1 tsp salt (omit if your topping is very salty)
1 rounded tsp guar gum

Preheat the oven to 180C - whisk egg whites until very stiff, in a separate bowl whsk remaining ingredients, gently fold in the egg whites.
Turn out on to a greased baking sheet, use a spatula to gently shape your pizza, bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven, now put on your topping, whatever you like, we had as base BBQ sauce (I make my own sugarfree sauces) spread all over, topped with chopped peppers, olives, goats cheese, salami, anchovies, 2 types of cheeses and jalapeno pepper, sprinkled with oregano.
Once you have your topping on, return the pizza to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or so until the topping is cooked and the cheese melted.

Photos:
http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/forum/v ... 9&start=10

l0vaduck

I get low carb wraps and pitta breads from the low carb megastore, and use these to make myself a pizza if my other half orders one for his dinner.

I wouldn't go to Pizza Hut. I would need such a huge dose of insulin to cover pizza that the margin for error is unacceptably high for me. I'd really rather not!