What every day factors affect your BG levels?

kimkennedy1989

As a T1 diabetic I find that the usual illness, infection, temperature affects my readings but also if I'm worried or have been upset about something then I notice my sugar seems to spike.

Anyone else experience anything similar? :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

coco4

Hi kimkennedy I'm Type 1 and all the above raise my levels together with feeling anxious about my son when he split up with his fiancée, even down to being worried about the worse storm that's predicted to hit the region where I live. Crazy I know but it all seems to take its toll I find :evil:

kimkennedy1989

I know the feeling coco, it's so hard to judge how certain things will affect your readings....my dad wasn't well a few months ago and the worry just made my readings yoyo constantly, diabetes definitely isn't the easiest thing to manage

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, they can go up due to all the above. Also noticed on occasions they can fall just as quick due to the above, great eh.

coco4

It certainly isn't easy to manage kimkennedy because just when you think you've cracked it something will come out of the blue and upset things. Hope your dad is ok now

kimkennedy1989

I know Brett, all these factors seem to make levels yoyo, I also find that they can make you over correct a high and end up extremely low and feeling miserable due to a drastic drop. Just one of many day to day things we deal with :) how will your readings be with the clocks going back?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just changed the time on my pump a few mins ago. Hopefully they will stay steady as my hourly basal rates are the same for the next few hours. will give at least a few days to level out, before any adjustments as body may need to catch up lol. How bout u?

coco4

That's really good about your dad. Thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes. Will keep you posted.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
kimkennedy1989 said:
As a T1 diabetic I find that the usual illness, infection, temperature affects my readings but also if I'm worried or have been upset about something then I notice my sugar seems to spike.

Also hormonal changes, exercise, stress, medications and most importantly food.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
All of the above as Noblehead and kimkennedy mentioned. Travel is a little devil too.

Morganator

Hospital appointments which mean sitting around in airports for hours for a 15 min appointment when you eventually arrive.
The plane is a little Twin Otter and can be a bit hairy in bad weather ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using DCUK Forum mobile app