What food ??

M

Maybird

I had a tooth out at the dentist yesterday a back molar so a really sore mouth today so not up to chewing. I did not know what to have for breakfast, I suppose I could have had scrambled egg but not really sure how many eggs I should eat in a week..have raised cholesterol... I had a two egg and mushroom omlette for breakfast on Tuesday. I had a packet of Quinoa flakes so ended up making a porridge with those and added a few raisins to sweeten it a bit. It was horrid so bland and with all the things listed that it has not got in it I wonder if there there is any goodness in it at all although it is supposed to be a wonder grain
I will have some homemade soup for lunch and try to have some cheese as well but any others suggestions would be welcome please

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi,

as Carbdoger says don't be afraid of eggs. Since I started low carbing last summer I have increased my butter, cream, cheese and egg intake and my cholesterol has reduced!! (I can get through a tray of eggs (30) in under 2 weeks)

As for what to eat, try greek yog with a few berries, maybe add some ground flax seed on top. Or soups or stews would be good. And cheese, oh I love cheese :lol:

M

Maybird

Lenny3 said:
Hi,

as Carbdoger says don't be afraid of eggs. Since I started low carbing last summer I have increased my butter, cream, cheese and egg intake and my cholesterol has reduced!! (I can get through a tray of eggs (30) in under 2 weeks)

As for what to eat, try greek yog with a few berries, maybe add some ground flax seed on top. Or soups or stews would be good. And cheese, oh I love cheese :lol:

Glad to know about eggs as I love them.
Yes today will be soup for lunch and I have just made a chicken casserole for evening meal

Morganator

Like Carbdoger I buy my eggs by the tray from a local farm where the Jens are truly free range.
My favourite lunch is lightly scrambled eggs with some home cooked gammon mixed through. Do it in the microwave and you don't even have the pan to scrub :)
Nice with cheese mixed in too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

M

Maybird

Morganator said:
Like Carbdoger I buy my eggs by the tray from a local farm where the Jens are truly free range.
My favourite lunch is lightly scrambled eggs with some home cooked gammon mixed through. Do it in the microwave and you don't even have the pan to scrub :)
Nice with cheese mixed in too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

That sounds good and I am really going to eat more eggs