What happened to Ken?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Do you normally notice all the other members that aren't posting or is there a reason specifically why you are asking after Ken???

At a guess, I would say at least 70% of members here do not regularly post...so just why you are specifically interested in Ken??

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Well when a poster so prolific as Ken suddenly stops, and the system says he"no longer exists", then some people wonder, is he ok? If he has just had enough of the situation, fair enough!! but if someone is in contact with him, Tell him I hope he is OK!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Gosh, I don't look in to that much detail for just postings...never looked to see if people are still 'existing'??? Where do you find such details as this???

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Hi, think he means when you click on a username it takes you to that users profile for this site. eg. clicking my name takes you to the little page about me.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Same happens with Sugarless sue :!: If you click on her name

No longer exists :roll:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Very good. :lol:

Hobnoblin said:
Did he jump or was he pushed?

I doubt anyone was pushed. (And from memory, Ken was the one doing the pushing, anyway! :wink: )

ally5555

Please do not start another slanging match - it is bad enough elsewhere!

Ken and Sue put a lot of time in here and I am sure the new mods can see that it is hard work when people start arguing!

They are both fine by the way - had a chat with them last week .

Ally

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Nice to know they are both OK. Thanx Ally.
Fergus

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you Ally.....

I don't think this posting can be of any interest to new and old people that come on here for support and help........

As far as I am concerned it is the people here that support and help others that count....not postings about where are ex moderators etc......NO MORE QUESTIONS OR DEBATES ON THE PAST...LETS JUST CONCENTRATE ON THE FUTURE AND HELING PEOPLE.

Margi

I don't think anyone meant to be critical here. If someone I knew and had been chatting with for ages, suddenly disappeared I'd worry they were ok too. And that is all that was asked here. Just good wishes for people. All good. :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
they sort of trailed off posting for a while, until there was some frequent posting on the fasting thread, then i didn't see much after that..

I agree with Donnelly's Dogs.

Good to hear their okay, if they felt like they wanted to leave the forum fair enough, it's a shame as they were a great help to many people. But lets not start the same old debate, what happened happened. They did a great job, as are the new moderators now. I very doubt that anyone was 'pushed'.

I also love that bowell can find any youtube video to answer a post :lol:

Hobnoblin

donnellysdogs said:
Do you normally notice all the other members that aren't posting or is there a reason specifically why you are asking after Ken???

At a guess, I would say at least 70% of members here do not regularly post...so just why you are specifically interested in Ken??

Not sure what has got your goat but others have said Ken was a prolific poster on here and then he suddenly 'does not exist'. This forum is a community and the well being of others is a consideration for some of us.

donnellysdogs said:
I don't think this posting can be of any interest to new and old people that come on here for support and help........

As far as I am concerned it is the people here that support and help others that count....not postings about where are ex moderators etc......NO MORE QUESTIONS OR DEBATES ON THE PAST...LETS JUST CONCENTRATE ON THE FUTURE AND HELING PEOPLE.

Thanks for your opinion, but that is all it is, opinion. The fact that some people are bothered about the well being of Ken and Sue means that this post is of interest. You don't have to respond to it, you know.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I am actually greatly concerned as to why Sue and Ken have disappeared out of the site of our forum....but me personally I would have PM'd admin or other moderators.......and asked them perosnally if they could give details, and assuring them that Iwould not blab.

I do have great concerns for both Sue and Ken as stated....Ken helped me teriffically to stay postive last year with my DVLA losing licence issue, and the same with Sue...and because of this alone...just being my own personal view point of course, I would not have highlighted their not posting and not being around...as obviously to me, something has happened...BUT..it is none of my actual business and if I wanted to know....I would have privately have pm'd as said above....

I had fantastic support from them when I needed it most, and for that I will never forget them or others who got me through the worst time in my life......and that is why I would privately ask, and not pucblicly ask.....it is not a criticism of anybody, but for me personally just giving Sue and Ken some privacy....they may well have asked to be taken off, but could be looking on as visitors perhaps...and for this reason I respect that what ever has happened is private......

Unbeliever

I think it is perfectly permissible to ask what has happened. to two people who gave up so much of their time and such a lot of help to so many for so long.

I don't pretend or even want to know about disputes, disagreements and politics in the pas but I vaguely remember Ken saying he had no intention of leaving.

It would be very odd if noone had asked he question. I just assumed that I had missed some posts about it. My poor eyesight often prevents me from searching the forum.

I didn@t know them very well but I would imagine they might say goodbye. I have belonged to other fora where posters have suddenly "disappeared. I think that is very bad. It is even worse if people are afraid o mention it.

If there has been some disagreemen with "management" then we don't need o know the details- I agree with you DD - that is none of our business but some mention of two long-term moderstors ceasing o "exist" should surely be made?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm curious. But I won't lose any sleep if I don't hear anything...