What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken, mushroom and tomato pizza (LC base) with coleslaw.

2024-06-21 19.28.51.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another cheap tea tonight: frankfurters, mushrooms, tomatoes, and sprouts. Not something I'd repeat anytime soon. Although it was edible!

View attachment 68366
You could make shop-bought tomatoes more interesting @IanBish with some finely chopped garden herbs. Basil has a particular affinity with tomatoes and tomatoey condiments, but almost any fresh herb currently in full growth, such as oregano or thyme for instance, brings out the flavour. Fennel fronds work for me too.

Of course, if those are home grown tomatoes, they probably don't need to be embellished with anything!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of Duckett's Caerphilly
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover walnut and mushroom roast.
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with lettuce cups for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Almonds and hazelnuts.
Water to drink.

Mid-afternoon: black filter coffee

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with rocket, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Welsh onions, Halkidiki olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with pistachios.
Water to wash down tablets.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could make shop-bought tomatoes more interesting @IanBish with some finely chopped garden herbs. Basil has a particular affinity with tomatoes and tomatoey condiments, but almost any fresh herb currently in full growth, such as oregano or thyme for instance, brings out the flavour. Fennel fronds work for me too.

Of course, if those are home grown tomatoes, they probably don't need to be embellished with anything!
I have some oregano, @LivingLightly, but no basil. They were shop-bought tomatoes, and they were probably the second best part. I had steak, salmon and chicken thighs, but I didn't fancy any of them. I like frankfurters, but I had these - admittedly they were a bit old (from the freezer). But at least the meal was low carb. That's probably the best thing I could say about it. We learn from our mistakes, I like to think.

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: exactly the same as yesterday!

2024-06-22 19.26.39.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Barbecue with my neighbour.
He is by far the easiest non diabetic to share meals with: We both feel a meal of meat is just fine occasionally, no need for sides or sauces.

First course was marinated spareribs, small amount of carbs but I could use them with dropping bg, second course was a type of thin pork things, spices added by Lidl, hardly any carbs and bought on offer. :joyful:

No pictures of the food, we shared a plate so I had to be quick to get my share. :hilarious:

Here's the grill while hungrily waiting for the wood to burn down enough to start grilling:

20240622_194153.jpg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs and scallops, asparagus spears smothered with butter, all seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Tuna steaks rolled in finely chopped celery and oregano, baked with Romano peppers and mushrooms, moistened with double cream and topped with extra mature Cheddar cheese.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Seafood salad made with king prawns and brown shrimps, avocado, baby plum tomatoes, Welsh onions and Nocellara olives with home-made aioli for dipping and topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All been seriously missing in action for a week now. Since my holiday I seem to be completely “at sea” with everything. Have had the same brekkie of slice LC toast, copious tea. Dinners have been much of my regulars, chilli, chicken, chunky cod fingers, scrambled eggs one day.
Lunch are bits of salad with cheese or ham, nice having my own supply of fresh lettuce. Don’t know when I might have h/g tomatoes but am encouraged by lots of yellow flowers. Today plan two scrambled eggs for lunch. Steak stirfry flavoured with ginger, lemon (and other flavours I can’t remember) from the farm shop with red & yellow strips for supper.
Yesterday I had a small mashed avocado on LC toast for lunch with a big mug of tea. This was made super tasty by a sprinkling of Four Pepper & Salt from the Cornish Salt Coy which is also essential to put on cut tomatoes.
Looking back on this topsy turvy post you can see I’m still “at sea” haha.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I marinated some chicken thighs in a mixture of spices (I forget which exactly) plus lemon juice, garlic powder, Greek yoghurt and olive oil. Then today I roasted them in the air fryer, and served them with fried mushrooms and garden peas for my lunch today.

PXL_20240623_120244088.PORTRAIT.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I marinated some chicken thighs in a mixture of spices (I forget which exactly) plus lemon juice, garlic powder, Greek yoghurt and olive oil. Then today I roasted them in the air fryer, and served them with fried mushrooms and garden peas for my lunch today.

View attachment 68389
Oh that looks really yummy!

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IMG_20240623_164740.jpg

IMG_20240623_164859.jpg

First picture is the whole frittata I cooked today made with seven eggs the portion on second photo is a generous quarter of the whole served with salads. Frittata - started with olive oil and cooked down a few baby plum tomatoes and spring onions with a sliced cooked sausage and ham scraps remaining from an organic ham I cooked for a family party yesterday. When cooked these I added the seven beaten eggs and cooked through then added some grated cheddar cheese and browned and finished off under grill. Served with coleslaw, avocado baby leaves and olive salad plus a teaspoon of leftover potato salad.
Edit left over frittata in fridge for lunch tomorrow

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t usually post on a Sunday as we normally go to ILs for tea, and I think MIL might think me mad taking pictures of my food! But home this Sunday.
Late morning: black coffee and a H&B protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: chicken and coronation mayo on a LC roll with side salad and mayo.

2024-06-23 18.32.27.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t usually post on a Sunday as we normally go to ILs for tea, and I think MIL might think me mad taking pictures of my food! But home this Sunday.
Late morning: black coffee and a H&B protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: chicken and coronation mayo on a LC roll with side salad and

Sunday breakfast as ever, pork sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, black coffee ( 3 cups)
no lunch just drinking lots of water and staying out of sun.
dinner lemon pepper chicken, cauliflower mash, sugar snap peas. Water to drink As don’t feel like anything else.
Going to finish the day with peppermint tea, as have had indigestion all day. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 68393
View attachment 68394
First picture is the whole frittata I cooked today made with seven eggs the portion on second photo is a generous quarter of the whole served with salads. Frittata - started with olive oil and cooked down a few baby plum tomatoes and spring onions with a sliced cooked sausage and ham scraps remaining from an organic ham I cooked for a family party yesterday. When cooked these I added the seven beaten eggs and cooked through then added some grated cheddar cheese and browned and finished off under grill. Served with coleslaw, avocado baby leaves and olive salad plus a teaspoon of leftover potato salad.
Edit left over frittata in fridge for lunch tomorrow
That's my kind of food @shelley262. In Summer, leftovers cold the next day are handy for packed lunches too.