What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thought this would be a good way to steal some ideas!

I've had:
Breakfast: tinned mackerel on almond flour bread.
Snack: mixed nuts
Lunch: tuna salad, cheese and coleslaw
Tea: chicken and veg 5 spice stir fry

Reactions: 2 people

twinkle1980

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs, with chopped slice of streaky bacon, mushrooms and chives.

Lunch:
Sweet potato wedges
leftover cajun spiced chicken
salsa

Dinner:
grilled chicken breast
salad with sweetcorn
1 slice of burgens soya and linseed bread

Snacks:
small bowl of greek yoghurt and blueberries
Kiwi fruit

And desert tonight was sugar free jelly with single cream and a handful of strawberries.

Reactions: 4 people

VickiT11979

Breakfast: 150g Lidl Greek natural yoghurt, sweetener, handful blueberries. This yoghurt is 3.2g carb per 100g & comes in a 1Kg re sealable pot.

Lunch: chicken salad sandwich made with low carb bread (7g for 2 slices), recipe on lowcarbcooking.nz. Then went to lunch meeting & ate a mini quiche, some cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, few grapes & small slice melon.

Tea: roast pork with cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage with butter, bacon lardons & creme fraiche, a Bloody Mary, glass white wine.

Snack: 2 sticks celery & hummus, 11g salted popcorn.

About 65-70g total carbs.

initforlove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
diabetes
breakfast

2 fried eggs

snack
5 almonds

lunch
50 grams baby spinach
5 radishes
1 mushroom
1 chicken drumstick

afternoon snack
tiny expresso size cup of coffee with 40 grams full fat milk

dinner
2 sardines in spring water

supper
2 walnuts
50 grams low fat cheese [only because i dislike the taste of full fat cheese]

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
What a GREAT topic and idea this one is :clap:

Yep we can look at others menu for the day .
Giving others some inspiration and fabulous ideas to try :thumbup:

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee [never can eat till 11am arrives!]

Lunch time - grabbed 3 pigs in blankets from hot deli - whilst shopped in morrisons
kiddies melon and grapes box [ bought 2 for a £1 ]
Nibbled all of these as went around the store :p

Tea - vegetables [carrots,leeks, peas, small onion, bacon lardons casserole
veg stock [use karro stock cubes as gluten free ] spoonful of veg puree.
Saved a bowl of this for my lunch tomorrow too :)
pomegranates already de-seeded/sprinkled on top of melon and grapes kiddies box.
[fresh and tasty plus a great thirst quencher too]

Now supping a rose wine with diet lemonade mixed spritzer [ hubby made it me :) ]

I cant eat much in quantity plus I use Victoza which acts as an appetite suppressant .

Anna.

Reactions: 3 people

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
This thread is such a good idea!

Breakfast - 1 weetabix
Lunch - 2 slices of toast with scrambled egg, Greek style yoghurt coconut flavour
Tea - 2 sausages, chips and 2 fried eggs.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
Breakfast - one crumpet, cup of coffee
Lunch - cauliflower cheese, cup of coffee
Evening meal- royal game soup, cup of coffee.
Other throughout day - one cup of bovril, half glass milk, handful mixed nuts (no peanuts)

twinkle1980

need to add 2 big :oops: helpings of the low carb brownie I made today, thanks to the lovely member who posted the recipe - cant remember her/his name sorry! It was delish!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It must be me :D great you like it!

Breakfast: Slice of dark bread with two soft boiled eggs
Lunch: cauliflower pizza
Dinner: Veggie soup and few pieces of dark chocolate :oops:

Reactions: 6 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is exactly what I wanted, some great ideas. I'll definitely get back into yoghurt, have a look at that bread recipe and have a cup of bovril, not had that since I was a kid! I must get some of that sugar-free jelly. Where can I get it from? I need to look up that brownie recipe too!

What is the cauliflower pizza - pizza base with cauliflower on it??

Also, I need to add to my list a glass of dry white and a mug of cocoa made with almond milk and sweetener. (I am a man, honest)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's incredibly innovative. Great blog too. Cauli is a low carb miracle food. I use it for mash and rice. I'll definitely have a go at the pizza recipe.

Reactions: 4 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks :) I love cauliflower but ive never thought of using it that way. It was really nice, nearly like real pizza!

Finzi

Great thread!

Breakfast: 3 rashers of bacon, microwaved, on 1 slice of Burgen bread

Other breakfasts I have: scrambled egg with smoked salmon, Greek yoghurt with a few raspberries, porridge (although I have to be really careful with that, if I have more than 25g it makes my sugar high), high-meat sausages, 1 weetabix with low fat unsweetened soya milk, cheese

Lunch: a cheese salad (about 3oz grated cheddar cheese on top of a salad). Wasn't really my choice, it was all the catering lady at work had left that was suitable (ice not a sandwich or a baked potato)

Other things I have: if I'm going out for lunch, a Nando's grilled chicken breast and a portion of olives, or there's a great wok/teppanyaki place where i choose stir fried chicken breast, mushrooms, cabbage, peppers, spring onions and carrot. if a pub meal, steak and a salad. At home, homemade vegetable soup, salami and cheese, lots of salad

Dinner: tonight I had Chinese takeaway (some of each of: chicken with ginger and spring onion, won ton soup, vegetable mini spring rolls, stir fried bean sprouts, tofu with cashew nuts). Couldn't do a completely accurate carb count but my total pre-dinner was only about 12g, and I aim for under 50g so I had some to spare. My reading after 2 hours was 6.2 which I didn't think was too bad.

Last night we had homemade burgers with good quality steak mince, grated Parmesan and bound with a couple of free range eggs. I wrapped mine in an iceberg lettuce leaf instead of a bun, which was gorgeous! Tomorrow it's duck breast, cauliflower mash and samphire.

I don't ever have desserts other than one sugar free boiled sweet after each meal.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

twinkle1980

Sugar free jelly is in almost every supermarket. There is still a small amount of carbs, but carbs per portion is tiny.

Mrs Mac

This is great thanks! I'm vegetarian and used to following a low carb (ish) and low fat (ISH) diet, I find I end up eating the same things all the time, boring!! Since being diagnosed T1 at Christmas it's made me re-think my diet again, especially snacks. You given me some great ideas. I love almonds, I'll be buying some of those today! Yum yum, the only problem I have is trying not to eat too many! I'll have a look at the recipe ideas too.

I noticed that bread had sneaked back into my diet just before diagnosis, I was eating all things I'd usually avoid, lots more chocolate for example! I'll have to try some alternatives to bread, like the low carb bread that was mentioned. I'm hoping to find some nice puddings too, I can't imagine never eating cakes again!!!!

Thanks again!!

Mrs Mac

Ewelina,
your blog looks great!!! I was unsure about the pizza but it looks gorgeous! Can't wait to try out the brownie recipe too!! You're a saviour! :clap:

twinkle1980

ewelina said:
It must be me :D great you like it!

Breakfast: Slice of dark bread with two soft boiled eggs
Lunch: cauliflower pizza
Dinner: Veggie soup and few pieces of dark chocolate :oops:

Yay yes was you! Thank you for saving my sanity and letting me have a much less guilt ridden proper cakey "pig out"
Sal xx

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Yes the chocolate browine receipe looks lovely, however far too many carbs for me at the moment. Maybe i'll keep hold of it as a birthday cake treat.

Generally I eat;

breakfast- 2 x herta sauages, or some mixed berries with greek yog
lunch-homemade soup, sugarfree jelly, with a little tinned fruit in it,
dinner-some kind of home cooked curry, followed by a couple of squares of 74% chocolate from lidls

snacks include cheese, salami, lidl do a version of peperami that I prefer, also nuts, and sugarfree jelly sweets, and sainsburys sugarfree marshmallows. also homemade rocky road and almost bounty bars from recipes in the chocolate paradise

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you all for nice comments about my blog. Ive just started and positive feedback encourages me a lot :D There was a topic about positives of diabetes and I must add having a blog to it. Without diabetes I would have never started and continue spending time online on some stupid and aimless stuff!

Lenny, maybe you should try panna cotta. Without orange sauce it has 10g of carbs only. Im going to put chocolate mousse this weekend and it should be safer than chocolate brownie i think.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.