What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I bought two advent calendars. On a whim. It isn't something we usually indulge in.

Protein ball advent calendar for him (nuts, seeds, high protein, no sugar, suitable for nibbling or packed lunch boxes)
and
O joy of joys, a herb tea calendar for me. Oh yes. I can see you all going green with envy.
In order to make it even more special, I shall be brewing each bag in my wee glass teapot.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

61ER6Q7JGrL._SL1000_.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I bought two advent calendars. On a whim. It isn't something we usually indulge in.

Protein ball advent calendar for him (nuts, seeds, high protein, no sugar, suitable for nibbling or packed lunch boxes)
and
O joy of joys, a herb tea calendar for me. Oh yes. I can see you all going green with envy.
In order to make it even more special, I shall be brewing each bag in my wee glass teapot.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

61ER6Q7JGrL._SL1000_.jpg

I bought my daughter a coffee one last year from Pactcoffee.com it was expensive but really good.
I like the idea of a herbal tea one too, and you’re right, it absolutely must be brewed in a little glass teapot.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.6 FBG 5.3. Busy morning , usual School run, home for 15 mins then off to chiropodist. Back home for a quick breakfast then off again to get DIL, extract No 2 from school and deposit at dentist. After returning No 2 to school went back to Tesco for a few odds and sods and returned home clutching a bottle of Irish Whiskey for the Bailey's making. After some debate just ordered Kilner Bottles from Amazon. You know the quality you get with Kilner. Was also perusing the shelf for a high proof vodka but no luck yet.

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Later - 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 a Mattesons sausage.
L. Coffee
D. Stir fry with mushroom veg mix, chicken, oomi noodles , beansprouts and red curry.

Still not made creme brulees.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 5.6 FBG 5.3. Busy morning , usual School run, home for 15 mins then off to chiropodist. Back home for a quick breakfast then off again to get DIL, extract No 2 from school and deposit at dentist. After returning No 2 to school went back to Tesco for a few odds and sods and returned home clutching a bottle of Irish Whiskey for the Bailey's making. After some debate just ordered Kilner Bottles from Amazon. You know the quality you get with Kilner. Was also perusing the shelf for a high proof vodka but no luck yet.

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Later - 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 a Mattesons sausage.
L. Coffee
D. Stir fry with mushroom veg mix, chicken, oomi noodles , beansprouts and red curry.

Still not made creme brulees.

At one stage, Maglil, I was looking for high ABV vodka to make Lemoncello, and decided that the local Polish shops were the best bet. Then I sort of went off the idea and turned my thoughts to other mischief.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At one stage, Maglil, I was looking for high ABV vodka to make Lemoncello, and decided that the local Polish shops were the best bet. Then I sort of went off the idea and turned my thoughts to other mischief.
I have the Polish shops in mind. We went to Poland for our honeymoon (it's a long story) so I know all about Spiritus. Not sure I want something that potent so might have a hunt online. I think I'd rather maintain control of all my faculties

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another day gone, to do list growing, food in/blood out - meh. Wedding ring found by Julie still on trampoline and ring adjusters ordered for next day delivery.
Breakfas 5.30 -9.00t: - Tea then swimming
Dockey : Green Tea after swimming then normal tea and log stacking
Lunch 14.15: Avocado and mackerel salad and CCB then dog walk
Mid Afternoon: Little more log stacking and sheeting down; tea and doze off
Evening meal: Goose, mushroom, celeriac and a little chorizo, balti
There are a lot of logs in 3 cubic metres

Last edited:

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another day gone, to do list growing, food in/blood out - meh. Wedding ring found by Julie still on trampoline and ring adjusters ordered for next day delivery.
Evening meal: Goose, mushroom, celeriac and a little chorizo bati
Glad you found your wedding ring @ianpspurs. Just taken mine in to be made smaller and they are charging me £40 for the honour! Better not put any weight back on that finger!

Reactions: ianpspurs

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Late lunch - Blackened chicken in bun (ate half of bun), very small fries and salad with avocado. Two (ahem) alcoholic drinks.
Dinner - Still debating...

Worked out if I have a modest low carb dinner that I am still under my daily target. Did walk to train station which cancels out fries :joyful:
Bought some M&S pikelets whilst in town for my nephews breakfast when he stops over. Ohboy, do they look nice!!:watching:

Richardd1857

Glad you found your wedding ring @ianpspurs. Just taken mine in to be made smaller and they are charging me £40 for the honour! Better not put any weight back on that finger!
I am a Vietnam era veteran and have been 5o,d m6 type II diabetes is from agent orange. I recently had a heart triple bypass and exercise on an elliptical 30 min per day, blood sugar this morning was 97 on American scale.
My greatest concern is with the fast food restaurants which are poisoning the public and causing obesity epidemics. I am afraid almost paranoid about eating out in public.as you don5 know what you are eating, often it is not what the menu says or the ingredients are adulterated and show up on your glucometer the next morning.
Places like KFC and mc Donald’s should be shuttered as they are a detriment to society’s health.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I bought some 100% alcohol back from Italy with me a few years back in order to make lemoncello - everyone there seems to make their own and it was fabulous. Mine was ok but without the Italian sunshine it just wasn’t the same.
( found out later I should not have bought it through customs)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to eating today - hooray! I understand the benefits of fasting but not sure I’ll ever be a fan of doing it. Although did mean the scales this morning kindly told me I’d hit my next target of 3 stone weight loss. Loving the rate it’s coming off. Keep waiting to hit my wall as know that’ll make me miserable.
Breakfast - nature valley peanut & chocolate protein bar and cup of tea
Lunch - pack of 10 ribs of fire from Morrison’s with some mayo
Dinner - finally just managed to throw in the oven a chicken breast, stuffed with cheese triangles, wrapped in streaky smoked bacon. And then roasting in olive oil some onions, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Another late night for eating - one day I will have an organised life :rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to eating today - hooray! I understand the benefits of fasting but not sure I’ll ever be a fan of doing it. Although did mean the scales this morning kindly told me I’d hit my next target of 3 stone weight loss. Loving the rate it’s coming off. Keep waiting to hit my wall as know that’ll make me miserable.
Breakfast - nature valley peanut & chocolate protein bar and cup of tea
Lunch - pack of 10 ribs of fire from Morrison’s with some mayo
Dinner - finally just managed to throw in the oven a chicken breast, stuffed with cheese triangles, wrapped in streaky smoked bacon. And then roasting in olive oil some onions, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Another late night for eating - one day I will have an organised life :rolleyes:
If you don't want all the roast veg email them to me:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
So glad you found your wedding ring @ianpspurs what a relief.

B: DD breakfast sandwich. Coffee & cream

L:2 small slices of cold pork loin from leftover joint. Homemade coleslaw ( cabbage, mayo, sour cream and dijon mustard) and a chopped gherkin. Followed by the last of the failed IP custards ( couldn’t bear to throw them away - they weren’t so bad cold and turned upside down so I couldn’t see the scrambled egg type top)

D: Salmon fillet with pesto/ sour cream/ parmesan topping and buttered spinach.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
So glad you found your wedding ring @ianpspurs what a relief.

B: DD breakfast sandwich. Coffee & cream

L:2 small slices of cold pork loin from leftover joint. Homemade coleslaw ( cabbage, mayo, sour cream and dijon mustard) and a chopped gherkin. Followed by the last of the failed IP custards ( couldn’t bear to throw them away - they weren’t so bad cold and turned upside down so I couldn’t see the scrambled egg type top)

D: Salmon fillet with pesto/ sour cream/ parmesan topping and buttered spinach.
Sour cream on special in Devon this week?:angelic:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening meal: Goose, mushroom, celeriac and a little chorizo, balti

Great news about the ring, Ian.