What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs pleased ring found.
Made a batch of LC seeded crispbreads today using a new pack of milled flaxseed it’s a polish one and was a good deal price wise but it’s very over-milled more like a very fine dark flour so my crispbreads look a lot different but taste ok! Think will buy some normal ground golden flaxseed to mix it in for future baking sessions.do wonder though it may be good for a bread. Maybe need to experiment.
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch veggie soup - made with celeriac, butternut squash, leek and celery and also ate a handful of nuts
Dinner - bolognese on bed of mushrooms and LC crispbreads followed by raspberry clafoutis with cream and just treated myself to coffee and a square of 95% cocoa chocolate from Lidl it’s a fair trade Arriba cocoa and is 1.6g of carb per quite large square - lovely. Found it in one of their Christmas choc displays not with normal bars if anyone interested.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the kind words re the ring. It seems to be determined to find its way back to the owner. I lost it at cricket, in the garden and yesterday but keeps coming back. Probably shouldn't risk it any more:banghead:

Reactions: ziggy_w

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Again, just a very late night/early morning snack - half a small jar of some rather revolting walnut butter, much improved by the addition of erythritol, walnut oil to thin it a little and some small walnut pieces for a bit of crunch. The nothing until dinner apart from a number of mugs of various flavour Pukka teas instead of most today's water "ration".

Dinner: turkey stir fry with half an Ocado stir fry veggie medley pack of tenderstem broccoli, mangetout, baby corn, spring onions, & a red chili, with an added spoonful of spicy Thai mix and a slosh of lime juice; pseudo ice cream - creme fraiche with a few Blackforest frozen berries. Lemongrass & ginger tea. And rather too much dark choc marzipan... Still high but flat BG - pre meal 6.9, 2hr post 7.1

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was determined by congress o& the u.s.a. That agent orange caused epedimic of diabetics after Vietnam “conflict”

Good heavens. I didn’t know that, thanks for elaborating. I’ve just been Googling it too - terrible.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night I bought two advent calendars. On a whim. It isn't something we usually indulge in.

Protein ball advent calendar for him (nuts, seeds, high protein, no sugar, suitable for nibbling or packed lunch boxes)
and
O joy of joys, a herb tea calendar for me. Oh yes. I can see you all going green with envy.
In order to make it even more special, I shall be brewing each bag in my wee glass teapot.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

61ER6Q7JGrL._SL1000_.jpg
I LOVE that! So pretty!

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love tuna done that way. Minus the mayo it's a very Italian mix although they would tend to add olives as well.
Usually I add more raw veggies but I need to go shopping.

I hate seafood. Canned tuna is the only thing I can have, copiously drowned in mayo. :joyful:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over fathead pizza with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken curry with cauliflower rice and low carb ‘naan bread’ made from Joseph’s pitta bread with home made garlic and coriander butter followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Glad your wife found your wedding ring, @ianpspurs.

Didn't manage to post yesterday, so here are my meals for yesterday and today:

Monday...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheddar. A small slice of loww-carb carrot cake.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Some soup (leftover from the past few days) and half DD keto roll with butter, beef salami and a soft cheese. Lamb's lettuce with Caesar's dressing and parmesan. A glass of red wine.

Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheddar. A small avocado with salt.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: A few pecans and a square of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: A DD keto roll with butter, beef salami and gouda cheese. A tiny serving of the last leftover boeuf bourguignon. A small avocado with salt. A glass of red wine.

Still hungry after dinner, so a chunk of cheese and a tablespoon of lupin bean hummus.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.2 FBG 5.3. Halo Top hadn't left the system by the time I went to bed

@ianpspurs - well done to Julie for finding the no longer missing wedding ring. Woman do that - methodical patience I reckon.

Usual school run lecturing No 2 en route for 2 days of unbelievable naughty behaviour. Running out of things to withdraw from him so need to come up with something that will make an impression. I'm considering the coal and sticks for Christmas as that scared me as a child!

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. 2 rashers crispy back back and 2 souffle pancakes with a little sugar free maple syrup (the one made with monk fruit). I changed the souffle pancake recipe a little. For 1 serving (2 pancakes) 1 separated egg large, 1 tablespoon ricotta, 1 level tablespoon coconut flour, pinch baking powder.
Whisk to egg white to solid peaks.
In another bowl whisk together the yolk, coconut flour, ricotta and baking powder.
Fold in the egg white and fry.

You can add flavouring - e.g. vanilla, monk fruit to sweeten, berries etc. I kept it plain as I was having the sugar free maple syrup. I found with this mix the pancake held its shape better after cooking instead of collapsing. Still light and fluffy though.

L. Nothing

D. Back to the bunless burger with cheese slice, mushrooms , tomato, mustard, lettuce and 1/2 avocado.

Got a lot of berries at the moment so suspect some berries may figure later.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@ianpspurs - well done to Julie for finding the no longer missing wedding ring. Woman do that - methodical patience I reckon.

Usual school run lecturing No 2 en route for 2 days of unbelievable naughty behaviour. Running out of things to withdraw from him so need to come up with something that will make an impression. I'm considering the coal and sticks for Christmas as that scared me as a child!

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. 2 rashers crispy back back and 2 souffle pancakes with a little sugar free maple syrup (the one made with monk fruit). I changed the souffle pancake recipe a little. For 1 serving (2 pancakes) 1 separated egg large, 1 tablespoon ricotta, 1 level tablespoon coconut flour, pinch baking powder.
In another bowl whisk together the yolk, coconut flour, ricotta and baking powder.

You can add flavouring - e.g. vanilla, monk fruit to sweeten, berries etc. I kept it plain as I was having the sugar free maple syrup. I found with this mix the pancake held its shape better after cooking instead of collapsing. Still light and fluffy though.

L. Nothing

D. Back to the bunless burger with cheese slice, mushrooms , tomato, mustard, lettuce and 1/2 avocado.

Thanks for the pancake recipe, @maglil55. Sounds wonderful and I will definitely have to try this. My prior attempts were a catastrophe -- so had already given up on pancakes.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

L. Nothing

Sounds like a good pancake recipe, definitely one to try when the girls are staying over.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

L. Nothing

Maglil - Leading up to the big festive day, some young cousins (actually 3rd cousins I think) put up a faux CCTV camera, a bit like this. Their little boy, now 7, was told Santa watches via it. Theirs contains a battery, so there is a little red lamp on it.

upload_2018-11-14_16-56-10.png

Allegedly, it really works!

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Three chicken drumsticks, pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, olives. Strawberries and extra thick cream.
Dinner - Chicken in creamy leak and mushroom sauce, green beans, carrots and sprouts.
Snacks - Nuts and 70% Lidl chocolate

Whilst in Lidl today looking for the 95% chocolate, I also found some 70% raspberry chocolate. Carbs per square 4.4g (good size square too). Very nice for a little treat, and I do miss flavoured chocolate although I'm experimenting with my own orange and mint varieties.;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Positives: gorgeous sunrise; finished log stacking; lovely weather; birthday for nambawan pikinini bilong Mises Kwin'
If we forget this is a diabetes forum all is good then.
Breakfast: - Tea : 5 am ish start; Cricket and Orange Pekoe then more tea
Dockey : Log stacking then coffee with cream then more log stacking and tea for a change; logs all stacked and sheeted for now
Lunch : Avocado and mackerel salad and Goose wing; Tea; then dog walk
Mid Afternoon: Dozed off
Evening meal: Roast Chicken leg; Roast sprouts, mushrooms (Portobello) and asparagus; grated parmesan

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst in Lidl today looking for the 95% chocolate, I also found some 70% raspberry chocolate. Carbs per square 4.4g (good size square too). Very nice for a little treat, and I do miss flavoured chocolate although I'm experimenting with my own orange and mint varieties.;)
Ooo definitely going to have to make a trip to Lidl. I really struggle with the 95% chocolate but have been having green & Blacks mint dark chocolate - big square works out to 3g carb and is like having an after eight. Would love some other flavours I could indulge in!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: nature valley peanut & chocolate protein bar
Lunch - chicken wings, chorizo, salad leave, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, shredded red cabbage, chilli cheese and some mayo
Dinner when I get round to it will be king prawns stir fry of cabbage, broccoli, onion, peppers and a little carrot with some Nando’s sauce to give it some heat
And then definitely treating myself to my square of green & blacks mint dark chocolate

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maglil - Leading up to the big festive day, some young cousins (actually 3rd cousins I think) put up a faux CCTV camera, a bit like this. Their little boy, now 7, was told Santa watches via it. Theirs contains a battery, so there is a little red lamp on it.

View attachment 29527

Allegedly, it really works!
I likee!! He's already convinced he's on the coal and stick list as a possibility.

Reactions: DJC3