What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooo definitely going to have to make a trip to Lidl. I really struggle with the 95% chocolate but have been having green & Blacks mint dark chocolate - big square works out to 3g carb and is like having an after eight. Would love some other flavours I could indulge in!
Just had a square @Emma_369 , it's really nice. Been experimenting with 90% lindt melted and mixed with peppermint extract, then re-set. It's not bad!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I likee!! He's already convinced he's on the coal and stick list as a possibility.

I thought sneeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyy parents!! Respec' !!

When I have mentioned this approach to others, it appears it isn't too unusual, and some leave the camera around, so that Santa can just keep an eye on things throughout the year.

Apparently, The Elf on the Shelf helps Santa out too, on the observations front. ;)

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - my first foray into Christmas shopping today but mixed with coffee with a good friend and lunch with youngest so not too painful!
Breakfast fried egg on quarter of a piece of eggy lodough bread
Lunch m and s seafood platter ( smoked trout, salmon and prawns) with mayo and a few green leaves
Dinner chilli with buttered mushrooms and lC seeded crispbreads with red wine followed by raspberry clafoutis with cream and one square Lidl 95% choc ( my new fave I need to visit shop again and stockpile especially as it’s so much cheaper than Lindt and hotel choc at same percentage - also it’s not usually available) and coffee.
Thursday Tomorrow and thankfully looks like I’ll get to Pilates in morning as missed last two weeks up in York’s at mums always miss it when I can’t go.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken chasseur with peas, sweet corn and swede and carrot mash followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a good pancake recipe, definitely one to try when the girls are staying over.
Yes - best one yet. When I made them with Almond flour they were fluffy but like a normal souffle collapsed quickly. This version held their shape. Sweetened with monk fruit and with some berries and whipped cream they would make a nice dessert too.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

A long, busy day with lots of driving. Feeling good though (back on correct macros) and energy levels up again. So back to plotting things to do with all this stamina.

This evening has been mainly considering the fish tank revamp. Fun fun fun! So far the intention is mangrove roots, a thinning of the over lush plants, and the introduction of new varieties, and a piece of frightfully tasteful statury. Mr B is voting for a pirate skellington, with treasure chest and bubbles. Or a diver. He is insisting on bubbles though.
I am ignoring him and preferring to take my inspiration from nature.

B: On the road, so two bunless Maccy Sausage and Egg Things. Binned the hash brown and drank water.
Then nothing until 6pm when I baked a slab of salmon and flaked it into oomi noodles and cream cheese. With a good dollop of wasabi. OMG. Heaven. It actually felt like a meal. A normal meal. Not just a slab of meat or fish. I may be eating that for a week. And plenty of possible variations too. Prawns. Ham. Bacon. Cheese.
Now all I need is a carnivorous eqivalent of a vegetable. Green and crunchy. And I will be in even more clover.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, just got back from dinner at our eldest daughter’s. We’ve had a lovely day - rain kept off.

Breakfast out at the wonderful cafe at Heligan: sausage, 2 streaky rashers, scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Coffe&cream

No lunch

Dinner at daughters- steak topped with chilli halloumi and stir fried peppers and mushrooms. Few glasses of red ( taxi home)

Coffee & cream, tea with almond milk and peppermint tea throughout the day.

(Didn’t drop below mid 5s all day again, bit disappointing)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early (and small) breakfast of little piece of applewood smoked cheddar and a few salted roasted pecans with decaf hazelnut coffee & cream to wash them down.

Lunch: Yet more of my shredded ham and mixed pea salad; rest of my jar of crunchy walnut butter mix; mint tea.

Dinner: stir fried salmon and courgettes, parsley, chives, a sprinkle of sweet smoked paprika (instead of chili flakes) and lemon juice and zest; cheat ice cream - creme fraiche with a few frozen Blackforest berries and a little truvia; turmeric tea. 2 pieces of Lindt 85% choc. (Bit lower BG tonight: pre meal 6.8, 2hr post 6.2)

Supper - mug of cocoa with almond milk; hazelnut meal "porridge" with cocoa powder, erythritol and crunchy hazelnut butter. Sometimes if I have smallish meals I'll find I need to top up with supper , but I don't really think that four meals a day (or should I say FMAD - which sounds a bit demented!) is actually a "Good Thing"...

Usual water, with fresh squeezed lemon, which oddly tasted quite sweet tonight! :wacky:

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sandwich with the one brand of bread that doesn't spike my BG, chicken breast, pepperoni, sliced tomatoes
Salad with lettuce, radishes, cucumbers

I don't have set meals. I only eat when hungry so that was it for today. Also dropped four pounds since a week ago. :playful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sandwich with the one brand of bread that doesn't spike my BG, chicken breast, pepperoni, sliced tomatoes
Salad with lettuce, radishes, cucumbers

I don't have set meals. I only eat when hungry so that was it for today. Also dropped four pounds since a week ago. :playful:
Hope the weight loss was needed and part of a plan.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope the weight loss was needed and part of a plan.
It is. Down 19 pounds with 45 to go. But it seems to go in bursts - lose nothing for two months, 13 pounds in a month, lose nothing for six weeks, lose six pounds in two weeks. Very odd.

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is. Down 19 pounds with 45 to go. But it seems to go in bursts - lose nothing for two months, 13 pounds in a month, lose nothing for six weeks, lose six pounds in two weeks. Very odd.

I hve seen it described as 'whooshing'. Where you wait and wait and wait and then the scale drops sharply and then stops.
Can't remember her name, but we had a lady a couple of years ago posting who said she started off at around 350 pounds, and went for weeks losing slowly, then whooshed down 2-3 pounds a day for weeks, then stalled for months, then lost slowly again... the human body is amazing.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is good to hear. In other threads I have read that a problem can be maintaining a desired weight whilst keeping bg stable. (Being very dim I don't join the dots) Hope the weight loss goes as you want.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Got home late last night and didn't manage to post.

Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Last of the leftover soup and a Greek yoghurt with 50g of raspberries and erythritol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: A few pecans and two squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Scrambled eggs with cheddar. One and half glasses of red wine.

DaveXF

Breakfast 2 x Poached eggs
Lunch 200g of bare naked noodles with a touch of chilli sauce ( 24calories and under 1g of carb)
Peparami
Dinner 200g of the noodles again.
A few cups of tea, with a sweetener and skimmed milk.

I would suggest under 400 cals and under 5g of carb....and I'm stuffed.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Three chicken drumsticks, three slices of ham, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and olives. Two squares of 70% chocolate.
Dinner - Two poached eggs, bacon and mushrooms. Strawberries and extra thick cream.
Snacks - Smoked almonds

D

Deleted member 489048

Breakfast: bowl of granola with semiskimmed milk and mug of tea with two sweetners
Lunch: Mushroom omelette with soy sauce
Tea: Veggie Soup with polenta chunks

...oh and threw my toys out the pram and made myself a hot chocolate and enjoyed every last drop!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinating day. TV programme with a Headmistress explaining new school rules to lots of Mr Creosotes and Loonies with swivelling eyes. Some guy who thought he was Gandalf went witter, witter, witter. Lots of boys and girls wrote to Santa. Amazing stuff. I ate some food. Some tasted nice but my bg won't be in a state of vassalage.
Breakfast: - Tea : - Cricket and Orange Pekoe then more tea plus 3 slices Jarlsberg with Tuna pate then CCB; basically an ongoing butterfest scenario to feed the body fat while it deals with some virus or other; Utter failure and put me off high fat for a while.
Dockey : Tea
Lunch : Filter coffee with cream; pack M and S chorizo and diabolo cheddar rolitos; desperate attempt to get a grip of this madness; dog walk test very high @ 5.4
Mid Afternoon: Tea
Evening meal: Ox cheek stew - (sounds like some pretentious 1970s group or concept album) - in IP on its meat stew setting; tasted lovely but not especially filling