What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi G,
fresh of frozen spinach?
I always find fresh, when I cook it, takes the enamel off my teeth.... those oxalates.....My freezer always has a bag of frozen spinach... very useful.
Hj

Ahh so its oxalates that makes the spinach soooo enamel abusing....learn summut everyday.

Reactions: 5 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
That's really good... I've just kind of started this LcHf diet but I'm struggling to stay motivated.
I know what u mean when I'm driving home sometimes I pass the chippy & the smell!! Going 2 Portugal in 3 wks & its going 2 b hard 2 stick to it, ice cold beer!! Heaven.

NannyPoppins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know what u mean when I'm driving home sometimes I pass the chippy & the smell!! Going 2 Portugal in 3 wks & its going 2 b hard 2 stick to it, ice cold beer!! Heaven.

Haha... yes exactly. The bakery does me... i miss donuts ;)

I'm heading to Greece in 2wks and I'm the same... a little panicked as I have lost a few pounds in 2weeks and really don't want to put it back on.

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!

I'm heading to Greece in 2wks and I'm the same... a little panicked as I have lost a few pounds in 2weeks and really don't want to put it back on.
Lchf defo does work & I know if I eat normal food it will all be back on, feel sooo much better also, iv got a stone to go so will do my best. I made a moussaka the other day that was good, also for pud 1 large square 80% choc Melted and drizzled over strawberries & Greek yoghurt yummy

Reactions: 9 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - Bacon + coffee with cream
L - half an avocado (not ripe enough) & 2 babybel
D - My own take on "spinach surrender" - add some mustard & chia seeds to the mix and then top with parmesan as it goes into the oven.

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's really good... I've just kind of started this LcHf diet but I'm struggling to stay motivated.

You'll find it harder if you're making yourself eat things you don't like. Have you tried googling "low carb.whatever you like to eat"? <<<< insert Shepherd's Pie, or whatever. There are lots of subs which allow you to achieve the flavours and usually the textures of the foods you might have like in your "old world".

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Have a look at: http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/2015/05/30-low-carb-and-gluten-free-donut-recipes.html and http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/09/coconut-flour-fried-donuts-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html .

I've never used the first site, but the second one has some fabulous food on it.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Mushroom Omelette & Coffee with Cream
L: Cold Roast Pork Salad with Coleslaw
D: Pork Fillet Kebab with Courgettes, Peppers & Mushrooms.
Handful of blueberries with clotted cream.

Reactions: 8 people

NannyPoppins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've looked on the Internet but I'm quite a fussy eater... I'm still trying to find things I like. I need to experiment more I think :)

Reactions: 6 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds lovely, did you make the bread yourself? I'm trying to find a bread I can eat without it making my blood sugar spike so much..
Yes, I’ve been experimenting with different recipes. The courgette bread is great (I don’t use sweeter in it)http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2222399. I got 19 slices out of the loaf making it 3g carbs per slice
The coconut / flax bread is my favourite, lovely toasted and delicious as french toast. http://paleofood.com/recipes/baked-cocoflaxbread.htm. I use a smaller deeper loaf pan for this and get 15 slices at 2g carbs per slice.
No spikes from either probably also because they are high in fibre.

Reactions: 8 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Mini Babybel, courgette & walnut bread toasted with cheddar
L: Hot smoked salmon, asparagus & 1 new potato, blackberries & cream
D: Avocado & egg mayonnaise salad, sugar free jelly & cream
S: 2 squares 85% dark chocolate

Reactions: 5 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would anybody share their weight loss success?
95 kg at diagnosis, Spring 14,
72 kg for the last 3 months... constant... no matter how much meat and veg I eat.
I would say I am LCMF with a lot of exercise, walking, swimming and planks and things.
I really like what I am eating now and don't ever feel bloated/full...
Wish you good Sue

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Struggled to find a sausage that does spike me.. so tried Nancy and Andrew's wheat and gluten free porkers... had 3 with 2 eggs and mushrooms fried for Sunday brunch.... worked a treat and were okay.
Made a change from omelettes, which are still pretty neat and versatile.

B: Chia seeds, coffee, cocoa et al with rasps and blues and walnuts
L: same as usual, celery et al
D: two haddock in ground almonds fried in butter and cabbage fried in coconut oil.... lovely pieces of fish... and almonds are actually so much better than breadcrumbs, the fish takes seconds to fry and is done in a blink, slap on hot plate and way you go.

Reactions: 9 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 1 slice Burgen toast + 1oz cheese
L. Bacon & Eggs
D. Cold roasr beef, salad, 1/4 fritatta