What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow thats fantastic all in a few short months. Im hoping for similar tesults except Ive got more than that to lose.
I decided that if I was going to do LCHF, then I had to do it strictly, tracked everything and used my meter a LOT!

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
95 kg at diagnosis, Spring 14,
72 kg for the last 3 months... constant... no matter how much meat and veg I eat.
I would say I am LCMF with a lot of exercise, walking, swimming and planks and things.
I really like what I am eating now and don't ever feel bloated/full...
Wish you good Sue
Planker! ;)

Reactions: 6 people

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Strawberries with peanut butter and cream cheese
L: Grilled hot dog with sugar-free ketchup, full fat mayo and wholegrain mustard, plus a few olives
D: Garlic and chili fried chicken and cheesy cauliflower mash

Reactions: 8 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
B: Strawberries with peanut butter and cream cheese
L: Grilled hot dog with sugar-free ketchup, full fat mayo and wholegrain mustard, plus a few olives
D: Garlic and chili fried chicken and cheesy cauliflower mash
B yoghurt & strawberries
L salad with pate,cottage cheese,& corned beef.
D stewing steak,cabbage & coli
S sugar free jelly & cream

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I have been quite a naughty boy today and I don't care. The missus has been taken quite ill and I've had no time to cook after spending the afternoon in A&E.

B - 2 bacon, 2 egg omelette with cream and cheese,
L - I took the time to eat before joining her at the hospital - KFC "Mighty Bucket for one" - 2 pieces of chicken, 2 fillet strips and 2 hot wings. In my defence, your honour, I didn't eat any chips.
D - Had Pizza Hut delivered for kids. I didn't eat any pizza - instead had more chicken wings! Chicken overdose day!

Having said all that - total calories 2000, total carbs 52. Yes, I doubled my protein target for the day but, as blowouts go, it hasn't been that disastrous.

Just to complete the story, Mrs Geoff is home and resting.

Reactions: 17 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
I have been quite a naughty boy today and I don't care. The missus has been taken quite ill and I've had no time to cook after spending the afternoon in A&E.

L - I took the time to eat before joining her at the hospital - KFC "Mighty Bucket for one" - 2 pieces of chicken, 2 fillet strips and 2 hot wings. In my defence, your honour, I didn't eat any chips.
D - Had Pizza Hut delivered for kids. I didn't eat any pizza - instead had more chicken wings! Chicken overdose day!

Having said all that - total calories 2000, total carbs 52. Yes, I doubled my protein target for the day but, as blowouts go, it hasn't been that disastrous.

Ah I'm pleased to hear she's on the mend. Sounds like uv had a jolly old time with food, but I'm sure u need 1 every now & then.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B 1 slice Burgen toast & 1oz cheese
L Bacon& Eggs
D. 2 vintage cheese & chive beefburgers salad cauliflower
S. 3 slices cold meat then / 2oz cheese 4 almonds

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

You came through that with credit. Best wishes to Mrs Geoff and the rest of the family.

Reactions: 11 people

suehatton

B.3 bacon 1 egg
L. Chicken salad
D. Pork chop with roasted veg, strawbs & cream
S. 25g mixed nuts, babybel

Although Geoffers KFC sounds MUCH better....and for a blowout it was pretty innocent I think!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

<snipped>

Good to hear, hope Mrs G is good, take care

Reactions: 10 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Two large organic free range eggs fried in Aberdeen Angus beef dripping with a small pile of ASDA organic white mushrooms (not as good as Morrisons').
L- was still full !
S - mug of 'bouillon' comprising 1 Kallo organic very low salt chicken stock cube, a sprinkling of Marigold Engevita nutritional yeast flakes and a scant 1/8th teaspoon of Vegeta.( If you haven't come across it, it's a favourite stock powder in Balkan countries, from Croatia.)
D - Organic gem squashes, boiled then stuffed with organic Mozzarella, home-grown cherry tomato, mushrooms (waste not and all that) and crushed walnut pieces then baked. Once the filling is eaten, the squash itself responds well to liberal amounts of freshly ground Hawaiian sea salt with organic bamboo, freshly ground organic black pepper and generous amounts of unsalted organic butter.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chia et al
Swimming....
L: smoked mackerel fillets 2, celery, olives and feta
Tea Time: Cherry and Cinnamon, report elsewhere on BG effects.
D: Pork Moussaka, broccoli salad with everything thrown in and a dressing.
5 a side....
Hot bath and bed soon....

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Glad to hear Mrs G is home. I think you did a really good job under the circumstances. Back to normal today, I trust.:)

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Scrambled egg on almond scones
L: Avocado & cheddar salad, blueberries & cream
D: 2 97% sausages with roasted brussels sprouts and 60g new potatoes, cream cheese cloud
S: Mini Babybel

Reactions: 3 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 4 Chipolatas with melted cheddar

L: Tuna Mayo with Salad

D: Courgette Frittata with Salad

Another handful of blueberries & clotted cream.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.......and a very naughty Mini Twix (no idea why I did it........and it tasted sooooo sweet yuk)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.......and a very naughty Mini Twix (no idea why I did it........and it tasted sooooo sweet yuk)

Actually I think it's our human curiosity gene hehe. I tried one baby Jersey New potato in April and couldn't eat it and had a tiny bit of gluten-free sourdough and couldn't eat that either.

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cream cheese crepe with strawberries
L: Grilled hotdog with ketchup and mayo, with a side of broccoli sauteed in oil and garlic
D: Bun-less hamburger with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mayo

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 1slice Burgen toast + 3/4oz cheese
L. 2 pork burgers +1/4 frittata
D. (Will be). 2 slices baked ham, 1 hard-boiled egg, cauli cous cous + salad veg
S. 1oz cheese + 5 almonds (supper)

Today my G.P halved the dosage of my ace inhibitor + Statin with a promise to stop them completely if next hba1c is improved enough. Thanks lchf diet .