What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

suehatton

3 bacon with tomato gravy
Chicken salad
The most delicious dinner of chicken thighs, cauli mash made with Boursin and the rest of the tomato gravy. The combo of flavours was just yummy.
Snacks Babybel, 25g nuts, 1 ryvita.
One of my achievements this week is having virtually no sweetener in drinks and I really think its woken my taste buds up!!

Reactions: 6 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: 1 buttered seedster ( a crisp bread made of seeds), a hard-boiled egg. Chai with cream.
S: espresso and cream
L: small tuna steak fried, a pile of chives from the garden, smashed fresh ginger, soy sauce, peas, 4 sweet potato chips.
Yoga class
S: Chai with cream
Gardening
No, didn't do any gardening .... In the rain.
D: Salad on the menu this evening: cheese, nuts, avocado. Choc and mint chia seed dessert with cream.
Yes, too much cream today. :oops:

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1 buttered seedster ( a crisp bread made of seeds), a hard-boiled egg. Chai with cream.
S: espresso and cream
L: small tuna steak fried, a pile of chives from the garden, smashed fresh ginger, soy sauce, peas, 4 sweet potato chips.
Yoga class
S: Chai with cream
Gardening
No, didn't do any gardening .... In the rain.
D: Salad on the menu this evening: cheese, nuts, avocado. Choc and mint chia seed dessert with cream.
Yes, too much cream today. :oops:
Ooh recipe for choc and mint chia dessert please :hungry:

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Two soft-boiled large organic eggs, freshly ground Hawaiian sea salt with organic bamboo.
L - Kallo organic very low salt stock cube with a pinch of Marigold Engevita nutritional yeast flakes - as very sniffly today, feeling under the weather but BG hasn't moved much from 5.3 all day.
D - Wild Alaskan Keta salmon fillet, pan-fried in organic unsalted butter, with freshly squeezed organic lime juice and freshly ground Hawaiian sea salt with organic bamboo, accompanied by buttered organic gem squash.

Husband also did me a few raw organic carrot sticks, so that I could taste the Granovita gluten-free olive pate I had bought for him. Yummy and only 5.6g carbs per 100g (125g tin with resealable lid).

Reactions: 7 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh recipe for choc and mint chia dessert please :hungry:

Mix 1/4 cup of chia seeds with 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Stir well. Store this mixture in a lidded container ( eg a jam jar) in the fridge overnight. It takes a while, but the chia seeds and almond milk merge into a slightly thickened jellied consistency unlike anything else. :)
Add the following ingredients to the chia seed mixture:
  • 11/2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder,
  • a pinch of salt,
  • a square of 85% chocolate grated or chopped,
  • a teaspoon of dried blueberries,
  • a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon,
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence,
  • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence.
Stir well, return jar to the fridge until dessert is needed.
A portion would be, say, 2-3 tablespoons, topped with some whipped cream.

This is only my recipe in the sense that I've borrowed ideas from other recipes on the forum and elsewhere, chosen what I like personally and left out what I don't want to include.

It's not sweet at all, but refreshing and satisfying. I haven't calculated the carb content, so you may want to do that. The dried blueberries have some carbs, but they are not a big proportion of the recipe.

11/2 teaspoons of cocoa is quite a lot of cocoa, and some people might like less, some more. It's all adjustable! I hope you like!

Reactions: 8 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - bulletproof coffee
L - Spinach surrender spread with ardennes pate (why had I not thought to do this before?)
D - More spinach surrender & pate !!

S - babybel & red wine

Reactions: 5 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Courgette & walnut bread toasted with lots of butter!
L: Arbroath smokie with cheesy asparagus & kale, blueberries & cream
D: Avocado & left over sausage salad, sugar free jelly & cream

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Eggs & Bacon
L: Courgette Frittata & Salad
D: Chicken Curry, Cauliflower & Spinach & Courgette Bhaji
Greek Yoghurt with Clotted Cream whipped together and a handful of blueberries.

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3 bacon with tomato gravy
Chicken salad
The most delicious dinner of chicken thighs, cauli mash made with Boursin and the rest of the tomato gravy. The combo of flavours was just yummy.
Snacks Babybel, 25g nuts, 1 ryvita.
One of my achievements this week is having virtually no sweetener in drinks and I really think its woken my taste buds up!!
Good work on the sweeteners, things do have their own taste/sweetness and I think I taste buds have been blitzed by sugars.

suehatton

Hmmmm Im not really losing weight and I think Ive stuck to the plan with gusto. Zero refined carbs, about 2 pieces of Burgen bread, in 4 weeks, given up coffee and milk. And a typical day ( all mostly the same) eggs for breakfast ( even stopped putting milk in that) sometimes with bacon or chicken if I make an omelette. Chicken salad for lunch which includes about a cup of ( combined) cherry toms, onion, cucumber and pepper. Then meat or salmon for tea with veggies like cabbage or cauli in some form and another cup of salad veggies. Strict 25g of nuts and 1 Babybel, with a Ryvita thrown in if hungry when I get home....usually with loads of butter to keep my fats up. All other indicators suggest Im doing the right thing.....less tired, no hunger, sleeping well......am I missing anything? 4 weeks in and most of the weight lost in the first week to ten days.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Hmmmm Im not really losing weight and I think Ive stuck to the plan with gusto. Zero refined carbs, about 2 pieces of Burgen bread, in 4 weeks, given up coffee and milk. And a typical day ( all mostly the same) eggs for breakfast ( even stopped putting milk in that) sometimes with bacon or chicken if I make an omelette. Chicken salad for lunch which includes about a cup of ( combined) cherry toms, onion, cucumber and pepper. Then meat or salmon for tea with veggies like cabbage or cauli in some form and another cup of salad veggies. Strict 25g of nuts and 1 Babybel, with a Ryvita thrown in if hungry when I get home....usually with loads of butter to keep my fats up. All other indicators suggest Im doing the right thing.....less tired, no hunger, sleeping well......am I missing anything? 4 weeks in and most of the weight lost in the first week to ten days.
I can't see anything wrong in what you're eating (I wouldn't have the ryvita but that's by the by). Are you counting calories at all or using a food diary? It might be that your portions could be a bit smaller. There are plenty of online diaries that people use. I use MyFitnessPal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

suehatton

Yes....the only problem with that was last time I used My Fitness Pal, if Id finished entering my food for the day and there were calories or carbs left.....I'd go and find something to make up the difference whether I was hungry or not, which wasn't really the point so I stopped!!!

Reactions: 9 people

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Buttery scrambled eggs
L: Chicken, bacon and avocado salad with mayo
D: One of the hamburger patties from last night with Maasdam cheese and caramelised onions, served on a bed of lettuce

Reactions: 2 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes....the only problem with that was last time I used My Fitness Pal, if Id finished entering my food for the day and there were calories or carbs left.....I'd go and find something to make up the difference whether I was hungry or not, which wasn't really the point so I stopped!!!
Maybe have another go on the food diary and try to balance out across the day. I wonder if you are getting enough fat. Don’t eat if you are not hungry! What about exercise - even a good walk?

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Blueberries & full fat yogurt, mini Babybel
L: Pheasant & venison terrine with olive oil & balsamic salad
D: will be left over Arbroath smokie in mayonnaise, baked in an avocado, roast asparagus, cream cheese cloud