What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not eating much at the moment - rushing around trying to organise funeral stuff ...

... but yesterday's food

Breakfast: 'muesli' (few oats, desiccated coconut, seeds and nuts) plus blueberries, with coconut milk. Tea.

Lunch: pate and one piece wholemeal toast, olives, cheese and nuts. SF jelly.

Carb killa bar in the afternoon

Dinner - chicken fajitas (with lo dough, not a wrap). SF jelly

Plucked up courage to call Dr's today about blood tests - HBA1C is back down to 39 which I think is good news. The receptionist (do they take lessons in making people worry?) said I just had to have a routine appointment or phone appointment about .... my cholesterol and liver function! What now?

When I asked what my cholesterol is, its 4.9 which is not high as far as I'm aware. Also they didn't ask for fasting bloods. Sigh. Oh well, I suppose that's one thing sorted out!
Hug for your difficult times but a brilliant bit of news about your hbaca1 at 39 especially given your grief which is bound to have impacted. If they raise statins and you’re not keen ask for a full fasting lipids so you can get a full breakdown to see what’s going on. Take care x

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Absolutely stuffed. Baking day today - couple of things for Xmas (herby crackers and raspberry clafoutis) and a very tasty dessert for today.

Lunch was the small amount of lamb left over from yesterday’s dinner plus 2 herby crackers (didn’t quite get them right but still tasty) with butter.

Mid-afternoon snack of small piece of this cake: https://lowcarbyum.com/keto-flourless-chocolate-cake/ with extra thick Jersey cream. Pic is a tea plate / tea spoon. Used a 15cm tin and have got 8 portions from it. Very rich and intense flavour - used Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons and a small amount of erythritol.

Dinner was beef short rib with more of the cake and cream.

View attachment 30158 View attachment 30159 View attachment 30160 View attachment 30161
Yum !

Kingmidas

Hug for your difficult times but a brilliant bit of news about your hbaca1 at 39 especially given your grief which is bound to have impacted. If they raise statins and you’re not keen ask for a full fasting lipids so you can get a full breakdown to see what’s going on. Take care x
Oh no, no statins for me thanks! I'm not keen. I was told they weren't even testing for cholesterol because my lipids were 'excellent' and I can't get two Drs that say the same thing about the liver function. I know I have nafld so with the weight loss (- 1 stone and counting) and now the normal HBA1C I am hoping it will be resolved. I'm tempted to go into the surgery on Monday and ask for a printout of my results!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no, no statins for me thanks! I'm not keen. I was told they weren't even testing for cholesterol because my lipids were 'excellent' and I can't get two Drs that say the same thing about the liver function. I know I have nafld so with the weight loss (- 1 stone and counting) and now the normal HBA1C I am hoping it will be resolved. I'm tempted to go into the surgery on Monday and ask for a printout of my results!

Definitely get a print out!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Absolutely stuffed. Baking day today - couple of things for Xmas (herby crackers and raspberry clafoutis) and a very tasty dessert for today.

Lunch was the small amount of lamb left over from yesterday’s dinner plus 2 herby crackers (didn’t quite get them right but still tasty) with butter.

Mid-afternoon snack of small piece of this cake: https://lowcarbyum.com/keto-flourless-chocolate-cake/ with extra thick Jersey cream. Pic is a tea plate / tea spoon. Used a 15cm tin and have got 8 portions from it. Very rich and intense flavour - used Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons and a small amount of erythritol.

View attachment 30158 View attachment 30159 View attachment 30160 View attachment 30161
That has made me very hungry!!! Don't you just love Christmas :).you have had a very productive day in the best possible way.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
07A59270-4D48-4D64-9A32-1D12A4800AF1.jpeg CC036D57-C50B-4C89-BDAD-B1033B468D4D.jpeg
Hi all
Made some raspberry jam with frozen raspberries with lemon juice and bit of erythritol and it worked well! Used it to coat the Christmas roast ham. I used half of what made to coat the ham so some jam left for other stuff!
Brunch mushroom omelette and three herby buttered crackers.
Dinner ham ( Christmas ham tasting!), halloumi fries, small spoon no added sugar beans and glass of dry white will have coffee and advent calendar choc later.
@Goonergal I must move on to puds tomorrow my mouth is watering looking at yours!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good idea

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Slept in today -- what a luxury.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: A baked chicken thigh, two scrambled eggs, a quarter of low-carb flatbred with butter, and a small avocado

Dinner: Made some florentines (was actually much easier than I thought and they came out perfect), had four of those, plus a Wiener sausage and a glass of red wine.

@maglil55 -- Hope you feel better soon.
@DJC3 -- Tried the coconut bars today, but the idea with the silicon mold didn't work. The chocolate just wouldn't stick to the sides. So now trying to coat the icecubes with chocolate, and after the ice melts fill them with the coconut mixture.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Tea - industrial quantities; 3 large coffees yesterday was always going to impact sleep so early - 4.20 - start
Dockey : Almond milk and cream cocoa and chunk of applewood smoked cheddar
Lunch : 1 x Schneiderbot LC toast with taramasalata and 1 with guacamole
Afternoon: Diabetic review - apparently my dory is hunky according to the lady who tickled my feet
Evening meal: Mackerel (tin) in olive oil, avocado and hard boiled egg (2) salad; Carols on the village green then mulled wine
@shelley262 Thanks for Lidl cocoa information will try to remember if I am in there again

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Really looks delicious, @Goonergal. How much time did you spend baking?

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3C8C2650-4346-4A88-BD9E-9292DEDD158D.jpeg
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 5 cold cocktail sausages with leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: *5 x Coconut bites and black coffee.
Dinner: Gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

* Coconut bites are a new LC discovery from Tesco

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 30165
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 5 cold cocktail sausages with leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: *5 x Coconut bites and black coffee.
Dinner: Gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

* Coconut bites are a new LC discovery from Tesco
What did you think of the coconut bites, @Rachox? I was rather disappointed, they tasted like a bland rice cake.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting so just water until mid afternoon when I had chicken and mushroom soup.
Dinner was ham and veg frittata, ginger tea and more water.
A bit boring really. I didn't have time to bake as an unexpected appointment cropped up this morning, and I felt too lazy when I got home, wet from the drizzle, but inspired by the efforts of Goonergirl, I am inspired. Also will need a soup making session with the glut of veg.
Must do better tomorrow.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What did you think of the coconut bites, @Rachox? I was rather disappointed, they tasted like a bland rice cake.
Oh I liked them, there are three types, I had the ones with chia. It’s strange I didn’t like coconut before I went low carb, my tastes have changed a lot, it’s one of the flavours I now love.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I liked them, there are three types, I had the ones with chia. It’s strange I didn’t like coconut before I went low carb, my tastes have changed a lot, it’s one of the flavours I now love.
I think I was expecting more moist coconut, rather than crispy. Though I suppose if they were they would be called 'coconut chews' or something. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I was expecting more moist coconut, rather than crispy. Though I suppose if they were they would be called 'coconut chews' or something. :)
I suppose the clue is in the labelling “crunchy coconut bites” ;)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.6 FBG 5.7. Busy day today. Started with an even earlier rise than normal to get to Physio for 9am. Needed it though as legs have not been good which is normal when I'm unwell. Got home for 1 hour then off for the visit to Dobbies with the boys.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. Pre Santa - prawn cocktail followed by turkey, GF chipolato, GF stuffing, gravy, parsnip, carrot and sprouts. Americano to follow. Boys enjoyed getting served and The crackers.
Then we went to the hell to see Santa. Don't know what went wrong this year but we were 55mins in a very long queue packed with fractious children which was hardly surprising. Once you do get in it was a very good Santa and elfs but by that time the kiddies are not happy. No 2 looked at the queue and announced "Frankly this queue is quite ridiculous" 5 going on 55 but I couldn't disagree. It was supposed to be 15 min slots but it was 3.05 before the last of The 2pm people got in. Still boys were happy with their chat with Santa and their gifts and No 2 announced "He didn't even know I'd been naughty".
D. Having got back and relaxed for a while I had a cup of my green soup (broccoli and spinach) and a scoop of Halo Top and 4 strawberries.
Hubby is off to football tomorrow again and I'm having a day in. Managed to get an online order done.
Still a bit congested but a lot better than I was.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late post for me tonight - just got home from visiting friends
Breakfast. - tea and a couple of low carb chocolate & peanut squares off the diet doctor website. Another treat that tastes so good it’s going to be hard to not eat the lot!
No lunch
Dinner - takeaway at my friends house. They wanted Indian so I chose tandoori king prawns, lamb tikka and the a chicken tikka in garlic sauce