What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.6 FBG 6. Hubby having a nap. Private room we had was lovely. Unfortunately, No 1 has now developed the sickness bug that little brother had and you could see him getting more and more pale during lunch. Still lovely to see everyone. They very kindly upgraded our menu but they hadn't told us so it required a lot of swapping as youngsters were not going to eat a very large sirloin. We got it sorted though. No 2 entertained everyone with the full version of little Sandy Sleighfoot. Tomorrow is present delivery day but I'll need to hit M&S at some point to get Turkey or something for us for Tuesday. Looking forward to a quiet day.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Slice of Morrisons high protein wholemeal toasted with pate pate.
L. Very long! Accidentally ended up with a campari, gin and soda when the barman put a gin in my drink by mistake. Nice though. Seafood assortment to start - bits of hot smoked salmon fillet, beetroot infused salmon, prawns and rocket. Turkey with GF stuffing and chipolatas, carrot, parsnip, sprouts and celeriac mash. Cheese and low carb crackers. Irish coffee minus the sugar. Quite a few glasses of wine.
Needless to say that was it for the day. Now consuming plenty water. It's only 7.30pm and it feels like 10pm!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.
@maglil55 I feel for you with the gaps at your table this year, Christmas is such a family time, absences are more keenly felt. It will be the second year without my brother and I still struggle to accept it sometimes.

Brunch today at an American diner with many of the family, 10 of us in all. I intended to have bacon and egg but decided to push the boat out and have ribeye steak, spinach and poached eggs. Fab and I didn’t envy the others their pancakes in the slightest. It also kept me full all day - they are all having pizza now I’m having a small plate of charcuterie with a few walnuts. Will have one or 2 coconut bites afterward.
I’m off to America Boxing Day and have already been thinking of steak and eggs for breakfast - definitely better than pancakes!!! :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Presents all delivered. I’m officially not leaving my house till I go to moms for Xmas dinner!
Breakfast - 2 cups of tea
Lunch - 3 rashers bacon and a poached egg
Mid afternoon - cappuccino and 2 squares of the low carb chocolate & peanut squares
Dinner - jerk chicken with peppers and tomatoes. A glass of sloe gin and diet lemonade - the gin was a taster bottle from a friend so had to try

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening.
@maglil55 I feel for you with the gaps at your table this year, Christmas is such a family time, absences are more keenly felt. It will be the second year without my brother and I still struggle to accept it sometimes.

Brunch today at an American diner with many of the family, 10 of us in all. I intended to have bacon and egg but decided to push the boat out and have ribeye steak, spinach and poached eggs. Fab and I didn’t envy the others their pancakes in the slightest. It also kept me full all day - they are all having pizza now I’m having a small plate of charcuterie with a few walnuts. Will have one or 2 coconut bites afterward.
It was a bit emotional. Especially raising a glass to the absent family. But then poor little grandson developing the sickness bug distracted everyone. We're now all wondering who is next. Thankfully, our taxi was able to come a little early so he could get home.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all lovely day today with family
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch celery soup and lc cheese scone
Mid pm lc lemon cake
Dinner half a poppadom, lamb curry and cauliflower rice with gin and soda followed by sliver of hotel Chocolat yulelog and advent choc and coffee.
Planning long walk tomorrow as well as essential preps. Hope everyone having good evening.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: at friend’s. Bless her. She had made such a carni effort. Been scouring the internet. She made frittata cups (mini egg things in muffin cups with ham and mushroom), with a delicious spread of salami, ham and good quality cheese. Utterly perfect.
Such a sweet gesture.
Late L: on the trundle, drove through MacDonalds, to get a flat white for Mr B (still plagueridden, not eating and fancied ‘a bought coffee’), and got a ‘bunless Big Tasty’ for me. Gosh it was vile. Heaven knows what rubbish stinky ‘smoke’ flavour they put in the mayo. Vile. One bite and the dogs got the rest. Minus what mayo I could scrape off.
D: a v small bowl of pumpkin soup. Couldn’t resist. I did temper it with double cream and parmesan.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post yesterday :wacky:

So yesterday:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chorizo and Gouda rollitos with leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak, side salad, pineapple ring, mushroom, tomato and an onion ring at Hungry Horse followed at home by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold cocktail sausages with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding with LC chocolate granola and black coffee
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: at friend’s. Bless her. She had made such a carni effort. Been scouring the internet. She made frittata cups (mini egg things in muffin cups with ham and mushroom), with a delicious spread of salami, ham and good quality cheese. Utterly perfect.
Such a sweet gesture.
Late L: on the trundle, drove through MacDonalds, to get a flat white for Mr B (still plagueridden, not eating and fancied ‘a bought coffee’), and got a ‘bunless Big Tasty’ for me. Gosh it was vile. Heaven knows what rubbish stinky ‘smoke’ flavour they put in the mayo. Vile. One bite and the dogs got the rest. Minus what mayo I could scrape off.
D: a v small bowl of pumpkin soup. Couldn’t resist. I did temper it with double cream and parmesan.
So I guess the Big Tasty is not well named? My dear departed MIL loved McDonald's and could not understand why I loathed the place (although I was happy to make a healthier version of their breakfast wrap).

Reactions: zauberflote

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B: Linseed porridge
L: Chester market is turning into a foodie paradise, lots of fantastic independent food stalls; had a turkey, chorizo & mozzarella salad
D: Chimmichuri beef brisket with peas and corn on the cob
S: skinny beer and home made mulled wine (as it’s xmas!)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

This will proabably the warmest Xmas, we had in a while. Temperatures are still around 10 degrees at the end of December.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Three low-carb florentines.

Early lunch: A hamburger with cheese, mayonnaise, low-carb ketchup, mustard, onion, tomato and pickles on a low-carb flatbread.

Dinner: Out at our new favorite French Tapas place to celebrate wedding anniversary. Ordered sweet potato fries and two lamb chops. Only had half a serving of the fries -- and don't know what happened, but blood sugars went up to 8 mmol. I have never seen blood sugars this high after a meal in the last two years. What's more, I had the sweet potato fries three times before and blood sugars barely moved. I guess with diabetes you never know. Anyway, they stayed up for about one and half hours and then quickly dropped. I was so frustrated, I had three glasses of red wine. Apart from this, we had a grand time celebrating.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Two low-carb florentines.

Around 4 p.m.: A Wiener sausage. A baked chicken thigh. Steak tartare with mayonnaise and three fried eggs. Half a low-carb flatbread with butter. One glass of red wine.

Dinner: A bit of cheese.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a day! Early walk the half mile or so to high street for newspaper. Cars gridlocked along the carriageway queueing to get into Tesco.
Trip 2 miles to railway station in car at lunchtime took over half an hour, because again, gridlock. Quiet afternoon at home I planned did not happen as I had stream of visitors. Pleasant enough though.
I skipped breakfast, but had mid morning coffee.
Lunch was cauliflower and stilton soup, more coffee.
Dinner, not hungry after lunchtime soup, so just had a small slice of low carb muffin with butter and ham, water.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m off to America Boxing Day and have already been thinking of steak and eggs for breakfast - definitely better than pancakes!!! :)

Oh yes! Lc eating seems more accepted there too so I’m sure you’ll find some great food.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I forgot to mention, (through gritted teeth), I hope @ianpspurs enjoyed the football today.
The Pipp family had no appetite after going to the game today. Their carefully prepared Thai curry is portioned up and in the freezer.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@maglil55 and @Brunneria don’t get me started on my national food chain! That is worse than the opioid epidemic. And hugs to both of you for your sickie families!
@ziggy_w maybe these fries were coated in something with flour or sugar? If you get a bag in the freezer section, there are all kinds of weird ingredients that are not sweet potato nor frying fat. Sorry it messed with you!
@Pipp that must have been some game... I am so glad not to be a sports person nor married to one!
B 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, coffee/soy/creeeeam. I forget, maybe either nuts or a slice of lc flax bread
Picked up Mom for church. As she slid out of my minivan, she announced she’d fallen last night. Talk about my brain kicking into warp 9! That set the tone for the whole day. She seems different somehow, and hurts in the way persons who have fractured vertebrae do...
L in car with mom. Boughten salads, chickben salad (I ate entirely too much), and a vegan biscuit ( a golden brown hockey puck) for mom. Decided not to go to urgent care.
Snack decaf with a square of 78% chocolate melted in and creeeeammm!
Supper, still stuffed from that chicken. Big salad, slice of lc flax bread with almond butter . Some cheese.

Happy Christmas Eve UK, and get out there and finish whatever isn’t finished, North America!

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 and @Brunneria don’t get me started on my national food chain! That is worse than the opioid epidemic. And hugs to both of you for your sickie families!
@ziggy_w maybe these fries were coated in something with flour or sugar? If you get a bag in the freezer section, there are all kinds of weird ingredients that are not sweet potato nor frying fat. Sorry it messed with you!
@Pipp that must have been some game... I am so glad not to be a sports person nor married to one!
B 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, coffee/soy/creeeeam. I forget, maybe either nuts or a slice of lc flax bread
Picked up Mom for church. As she slid out of my minivan, she announced she’d fallen last night. Talk about my brain kicking into warp 9! That set the tone for the whole day. She seems different somehow, and hurts in the way persons who have fractured vertebrae do...
L in car with mom. Boughten salads, chickben salad (I ate entirely too much), and a vegan biscuit ( a golden brown hockey puck) for mom. Decided not to go to urgent care.
Supper, still stuffed from that chicken. Big salad, slice of lc flax bread with almond butter . Some cheese.

Happy Christmas Eve UK, and get out there and finish whatever isn’t finished, North America!

I hope your mum is ok @zauberflote . What a time of year for it to happen, are you sure she shouldn’t get it checked out?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope your mum really hasn't damaged vertebrae and you both can perhaps be persuaded to be quite certain by making use of urgent care

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote

Ohh, your poor Mum!
Is she in a lot of pain?
She really should be X-rayed if you think she has any injury like that. You don’t want to go into the xmas hols without being checked out...

Kingmidas

Spent Saturday in London which wasn't actually unbearably busy till mid-afternoon. With all the seriousness of mums death and all the funeral chat it felt necessary to do something rash! I had 'a' cake - my daughter has long lusted after a treat from Peggy Porschen, so we trekked off and found it. It was a lovely cake but maaaaaan so sweet! My tastebuds have definitely changed since LC.

Anyway, Sunday found me really not hungry so I had ...

Breakfast - tea and 'muesli' (few oats, desiccated coconut, seeds and nuts) with blueberries and coconut milk.

Lunch - nothing really, but was snacking on a giant tub of cocktail sausages which I hastily bought from the reduced section at local supermarket and realised they wouldn't fit in the freezer ...

Dinner - still not really hungry but had cheese on wholemeal toast and said cupcake. It was nice but it made me realise I don't miss cakes!