What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear everyone’s news and holiday plans.
Christmas Eve has been busy but very enjoyable.
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch bits of ham, cheese, tomato and celery and leftover lc cheese scone.
Dinner baked salmon, cauliflower cheese and then out to friend’s Christmas Eve drinks do I said no to at least 25 trays of snacks! They were all high carb and luckily by eating before I went I wasn’t tempted at all stuck to a dry prosseco! Back home for lc lemon and lime mousse and about to have glass of lc baileys.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day tomorrow wishing of all you a wonderful day and happy festive season.
And to you @shelley262. I may have a LC Bailey's myself now.

Reactions: zauberflote

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast
Lunch - Smashed avocado, goats cheese and red pepper on granary seeded roll, red cabbage colslaw. A regular Mocha and three teaspoons of husbands Coffee and Walnut cake at local garden centre.
Dinner - Salt and pepper poussin with butternut squash crinkle cut 'chips' and roasted tomatoes.
Snacks - Chocolate!

A very Merry Christmas to everyone, thanks for all your support and ideas this year. Am now going to start on the veg peeling for tomorrow, assisted by home made lc plum gin. Wish me luck :nailbiting: x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast
Lunch - Smashed avocado, goats cheese and red pepper on granary seeded roll, red cabbage colslaw. A regular Mocha and three teaspoons of husbands Coffee and Walnut cake at local garden centre.
Dinner - Salt and pepper poussin with butternut squash crinkle cut 'chips' and roasted tomatoes.
Snacks - Chocolate!

A very Merry Christmas to everyone, thanks for all your support and ideas this year. Am now going to start on the veg peeling for tomorrow, assisted by home made lc plum gin. Wish me luck :nailbiting: x
Good luck with veggies gin should help my lc baileys is !

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone - such a lot of posts which is wonderful - I thought I’d be on my own here this evening. Its so nice to read about everyone’s Christmas build up. It’s my first Christmas on lchf so I’m a bit nervous really.

Breakfast today was scrambled eggs on lc toast ( Dr Almond) with butter and Marmite. Coffee and cream
Lunch was a piece of cheddar, some olives and a CCB I found at the back of the fridge.
Dinner - our Christmas eve family tradition of roast beef and gravy in floury baps. This year beef done in IP ( 4 minute roast beef) and the roll was another of the Dr Almond mix. (Not that impressed with these @ianpspurs , they’re not a patch on the black bread.)Also Had a glass of champagne and a glass of red.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and thank you wholeheartedly for the help you’ve given me this year. I’ve no idea what condition I’d be in now if I hadn’t stumbled upon the forum.
Cheers.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone - such a lot of posts which is wonderful - I thought I’d be on my own here this evening. Its so nice to read about everyone’s Christmas build up. It’s my first Christmas on lchf so I’m a bit nervous really.

Breakfast today was scrambled eggs on lc toast ( Dr Almond) with butter and Marmite. Coffee and cream
Lunch was a piece of cheddar, some olives and a CCB I found at the back of the fridge.
Dinner - our Christmas eve family tradition of roast beef and gravy in floury baps. This year beef done in IP ( 4 minute roast beef) and the roll was another of the Dr Almond mix. (Not that impressed with these @ianpspurs , they’re not a patch on the black bread.)Also Had a glass of champagne and a glass of red.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and thank you wholeheartedly for the help you’ve given me this year. I’ve no idea what condition I’d be in now if I hadn’t stumbled upon the forum.
Cheers.
Merry Christmas to you too have fun with all your family. You’ll be fine. It’s my second lc Christmas and I’m a bit gentler on myself this year I was very worried last year but it’s only a few days have a good one x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Cheers.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thank you @maglil55 ! She’s walking better today and we had a lovely church service. I am not pricking all day- still have a gig from 9:00-midnight to go and taking fat and protein so there lolol

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Not going to feel like posting later and shouldn’t take time now.
Food normal except! Supper open face toasted swiss sandwiches on lc bread
IMG_7182.jpg

Going to still be eating at 10:45 tonight! o_O

Happy Christmas UK and Merry Christmas on my side of the pond!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My post seems to have ended up here twice! No idea how that happened.
Also Had a glass of champagne and a glass of red. - counting issues?:) Merry Christmas to you and all regular and new posters to this thread. (Santa brought me 4 nets of avocados @ 19p a net but left them in my gym as it normally has no heating. Beginning to think he is fake and its really Julie:angelic:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also Had a glass of champagne and a glass of red. - counting issues?:) Merry Christmas to you and all regular and new posters to this thread. (Santa brought me 4 nets of avocados @ 19p a net but left them in my gym as it normally has no heating. Beginning to think he is fake an its really Julie:angelic:)

Hahaha Happy Christmas @ianpspurs. Have a great day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also Had a glass of champagne and a glass of red. - counting issues?:) Merry Christmas to you and all regular and new posters to this thread. (Santa brought me 4 nets of avocados @ 19p a net but left them in my gym as it normally has no heating. Beginning to think he is fake an its really Julie:angelic:)
Happy Christmas @ianpspurs. Thanks for making me smile.
PS you mean you don't follow Santa on the NORAD tracker?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Egg yolk omelette and tomato on buttered toast (keto roll, from a batch made the previous day using the egg whites)
L: Leftover veg'n'nut loaf and tomato relish
D: Roast duck with ginger sauce, roast celeriac and cabbage adapted from this
http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/roast-duck-with-ginger-and-lime-sauce.html
Oh wow, @DeejayR . I am saving the recipe. Thanks. I have two little ducks in freezer, and ginger and lime are among my favourite flavours.
Good to see you posting. Hope you are keeping well, and all in the garden is rosy.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I was so very sleepy as I did not manage to sleep at all the night before. I didn't have breakfast because I felt like a zombie.
I picked at cheese and nuts and drank ginger tea and water. Then perked up by evening and ate a large bowl of scouse, which is a Christmas eve tradition here. Made the day before, large vat in industrial quantities, with a smaller pan of low carb version for me. Usually have beer, but chose to have more ginger tea instead.

Oh , I nearly forgot... Best wishes to all for a happy Christmas. Reasons I forgot? Still strangely out of sync with lack of sleep, and for first time in living memory I am not in charge of catering for Christmas dinner.
Having brunch of scrambled egg and smoked salmon in a moment, coffee with cream. Teetotal day, as I am designated driver to the Christmas gathering. I have requested low carb. We'll see!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh wow, @DeejayR . I am saving the recipe. Thanks. I have two little ducks in freezer, and ginger and lime are among my favourite flavours.
Good to see you posting. Hope you are keeping well, and all in the garden is rosy.

I've saved @DeejayR 's recipe too and regretting not picking up a Lidl fresh duck the other day, when they looked so nice.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A big Merry Christmas from me too.

Thanks everyone for your own brands of creativity and opening my mind to new ideas. This thread is a real show of peer-to-peer support which is so important to this site and for those living with the longer term impacts of any diagnosis.

Keep on, keeping on everyone!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Xmas All!
I agree with @DCUKMod that this thread is very very special. So much support and idea sharing, and most of all delicious food!

Yesterday:
No B
L: cottage pie while out at garden centre with family. Left most of the non carnivore stuff, and was shocked at the gravy gloop flavour of the meat.
D: tuna oomi bake (well fish is traditional on xmas eve, isn’t it?)
Mr B managed a whole bowl of soup! That was it, all day, but it was a much better intake than the last 3 days.

Today:
Xmas dinner (which would have been steak) delayed until Mr B is over his flu. I got a bit of a snuffle yesterday, so may have it too. But mine is MUCH milder than his. So far. But then, I didnt have his brutal shift pattern prior to getting ill.
So we will probably just have soup and/or cheese.

The xmas haul is stupendous this year. And the choc message has obviously got through. Lots of choc gifts, but ALL 70% or hotel chocolat. I am set up for weeks!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot my BGs yesterday but still bug fighting. Anyway bed was 7.4 FBG was 6.3 and weirdly bed last night was 6.3 FBG was also 6.3 - been fairly stable.
What am I doing here right now? Well thought I might as well. As many of you know I've had a pretty dreadful year. 6 family deaths , including a brother and a sister and my one surviving brother diagnosed with cancer (thankfully treatable). But on the plus side my brother is recovering well, my SIL and her husband were over from Australia in what had to have been one of our best summers in a long time, the other family members have returned from Australia and Manchester resulting in the family Christmas lunch out on the 23 December and finally after 10 months that lawyer has settled part of my brother's estate for the girls but charged a small fortune. I'm pretty much a glass half full type of person and there have been positives this year.
This morning though, Hubby kindly woke me at 3.50am to ask "was that the phone?" No it wasn't! It was someone's car alarm about a street away. I struggled to get back to sleep again. No 1 is recovering from his bug but now his Mum & Dad have gone down with it. So we are spending Christmas in glorious isolation.
Then we got up to no heating and no hot water. Thankfully it was just low pressure in the system which was easily rectified but I feel a new boiler coming our way soon. In the midst of this
B. Slice of Morrisons high protein wholemeal with pate pate. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. Some of the M&S fishy stuff I got yesterday. Slice of their layered terrine, avocado , salmon and prawn starter, another couple of prawns and lettuce.
D. Later we'll have Turkey with GF chipolato and GF stuffing, home made sugar free cranberry sauce, roasted veg (including sprouts) and gravy. I also have LC creme brulee made which I'll have with berries and brandy creme. Add in a campari and soda (no gin), prosecco and one or two LC Baileys and I'll be happy to reflect on my year.
Before you think it's all bad news it's not! Final payment on our mortgage has been made and my nephew's wife has given birth to a little girl - Lydia Joy - After this year a little Joy was most welcome.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy festive season. Thank you for all the support and looking forward to solving the problem of LC pastry next year. xxx