What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just started back on low carb after being off it for 5 months , in that time my b/g has risen slowly, but enough is enough , this morning coffee sweeteners skimmed milk ( until I have used it up the soya milk ) Nimble bread spread marinate , then 2 eggs crispy bacon and 3 mushrooms total so far today 20 g carbs ,aiming for 90-110 for a start then maybe reduce ,see how b/g goes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Welcome back to low carbing @trevoroq :)

Reactions: 3 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B . scrambled egg made with cream and butter, bacon, one slice toast (trying to stave off the carb cravings which I know are going to hit!).
L. 2 lamb burgers on a cauli hash tortilla thing (cauliflower processed to rice consistency, microwaved, mixed with a beaton egg and dollops fried in butter).
D. Pork steak, cauli rice, curried veg followed by jelly n cream :D

Reactions: 4 people
C

CheeseJunkie

Good for you @CheeseJunkie it's always weird when undergoing a change in lifestyle, have you got the Eat Fat book by Dr Trudi Deakin?
She has some great recipes and also explains the LCHF lifestyle clearly.
I find the chocolate cake recipe an absolute lifesaver when yearning for a carby hit. It's best served the following day , it's kind of 'matured' , moist, chocolatey and with a dollop of clotted cream and a coffee it's almost like being sat at a cake house in a bustling city while being enveloped in a sea of tranquility, watching the minions minioning (or whatever they do) or...yes it's lovely :D

Just looked for the book you recommended....
Is this by Trudi Deakin or someone else? I've foind the title by others, and she seems to have other titles, but not this one. Have I not checked properly?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B: Omelette with chopped pepper, mushroom, spring onion, tomato and red chilli 2 x espresso with cream
Bullet Proof coffee
L: Salmon, cauliflower and broccoli cheese, green beans and asparagus
Pot of green Earl Grey
D: Microwave chocolate cake made with pure cacao, warm with cream....
45 minutes walking and jogging

Reactions: 4 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast , an avocado with mushrooms
Lunch 2 slices of Burgen with tuna
Tea , chicken coated in ginger and soy with salad and one minute new potato

Reactions: 3 people
C

CheeseJunkie

Coarse Ardennes Pate: only 1g of carbs in the whole pack! Plenty of fat, obviously. On an artisan wholemeal cracker. Great starter/snack while waiting for my fish to bake - to be accompanied by three kinds of veg (no spuds)
Snacking on Brazil nuts while out and about today. I'm getting into the habit of carrying a small bag of them in my bag.

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
On waking 1/2 avocado & green tea
3k cycle
B usual omelette
L 2 burgers with blue cheese and bacon with lettuce (no buns) 2 good sausages and coleslaw & two cherry tomatoes (stuffed)
D cheesy cabbage & sea bass fillets
P young coconut

PATRICK317

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Let's see so far a crazy day. I had oatmeal, and I thought it was steel cut but not so my sugar went up to about 280 before it started coming down and yes I took my bonus 30 minutes prior to eating .

PATRICK317

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
My mornings are usually good under 140 but even though I eat fewer carbs, I still seem to run high and then low. It is like the insulin is just sitting in my body even when I bolus. Even if I wait . I mean I will run low around 11 am which is not good because I need to eat lunch. And then low around 5 but again maybe to low. I can upload my sugars. Maybe you can see? It is like I need to do something to activate my dosage. I admit I sit a lot at my desk, and before I was traveling a lot so my body was moving

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: cinnamon flax bun with cream. Am astonished at how the cinnamon seems to disappear. Will double it next time.

L: crustless quiche, green salad, olives, feta, taramosalata, cucumber. Easter egg shell (70%)

D: lamb steak, broccoli, cauli cheese. Maybe Strawbs to follow.

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just looked for the book you recommended....
Is this by Trudi Deakin or someone else? I've foind the title by others, and she seems to have other titles, but not this one. Have I not checked properly?

It is by Trudi Deakin :)

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: cinnamon flax bun with cream. Am astonished at how the cinnamon seems to disappear. Will double it next time.

L: crustless quiche, green salad, olives, feta, taramosalata, cucumber. Easter egg shell (70%)

D: lamb steak, broccoli, cauli cheese. Maybe Strawbs to follow.
Cinnamon flax bun sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe? I too have realised that I have run out of cinnamon this eve. Must add to shopping list!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cinnamon flax bun sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe? I too have realised that I have run out of cinnamon this eve. Must add to shopping list!

I just used the standard flax seed bun recipe:

1 egg
1 tablespoon of butter or cream
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
2 tablespoon ground flaxseed

Beat well
Microwave 1.5 mins - give or take depending on wattage.

Then today I bunged in a tsp of cinnamon and 2 tsp of erythritol. So it was surprising how little the flavour came through...

Reactions: 6 people
C

CheeseJunkie

If you want something to have pate with, try these crackers:
http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/ Very yummy and easy to make!

I'll have a go at these.

The things I've been using are Peter's Yard artisan crisp bread:
(top left here)
http://petersyard.com/shop-online/
Less carb than an oatcake and much less than any bread. But super-thin and wide, so great for loading up with things. I'm managing to avoid all bread at the moment (couple of weeks), with the occasional one of these and the occasional oatcake.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon & 2 eggs fried in butter, radishes

L: green olives, gouda cubes, prosciutto chunks, 1/2 avocado

D: roast pork shoulder, mushrooms & peas in cream, green salad (lettuce, rocket & watercress)

Reactions: 5 people