What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely a more relaxing way to travel. I paid for a first class upgrade recently, it was only £10 extra and it was great to be able to go to the first class lounge on arrival at the station and have free coffee and a nice loo. The journey was less than 2 hrs but worth it I think. I’m glad you’ve found a nice alternative.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Flippin' 'eck it's cold out there today!!

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: bit of cheese (every time I type this I'm reminded of Wallace and Gromit)

Dinner: Due to Mr. C's shifts we are having Sunday dinner today
Roast beef, cauliflower, sprouts, a couple of chantenay carrots, gravy and, probably, a Yorkshire Pudding if my carbs allow

Drinks: Morning: black decaff coffee, Afternoon: still spring water, Dinner and evening: glass or two (maybe even three) of red wine - although I tend to fall asleep towards the end of the second glass.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to really enjoy motorway driving but have to say that I now avoid motorways as much as possible - if I have to go on one I stay in the inside lane and will only overtake a lorry if the middle and outside lanes are both clear. On the bright side, my dislike of motorway driving combined with having a senior railcard means I now travel by first class rail watching films on my Ipad, which is much more relaxing than driving
Snap. When you end up wrapped around the front of an EU juggernaut it makes you more than a bit wary. I used to do around 35,000 miles a year and thought nothing of driving from Aberdeen to Bristol but now, like you, I prefer the train. If I have to gp on a motorway I want the middle lane between me and any lorries. If I can't I'll sit behind them. Getting my licence back was a flaming nightmare. I'm sure drunk drivers have it easier. The accident was nothing to do with me but because of the extent of my injuries I had to go through very stringent testing. Eye test, medical test, 2 hours in a simulator where among other things I had to do 35 emergency stops then out on the road first in a manual then an automatic. I was exhausted and my leg was going into spasms (not recommended with a clutch control ). It was another 3 months before I was finally cleared to drive as I was sent off for driving lessons to build my confidence again and get me over my fear of lorries.
Again like you I have a railcard - disabled for me which is a bargain at £54 for 3 years and gives you a discount on your "carers" ticket as well as your own. There are loads of 1st class bargains to be had and I enjoy travelling in comfort.
I'm happier now just travelling locally.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Impressive recall of the periodic table there! I did chemistry A level but struggle in quiz programs now when questions about it come up. They’ve added a few dozen more elements too it always seems.
Have you seen the Mary Queen of Scots film? we were going tonight but daughter too tired in the end after a lot of early shifts. I’m not sure I’m going to like it with all the historical inaccuracies they’ve put in.
Friends have and they said it's a bit too "feminist" for them (and that was women saying that). The huge inaccuracy was Mary and Elizabeth never met. Letters were exchanged and they were supposed to meet but it never happened. The reckoning was they've tried to make it a #metoo type movie and couldn't resist not having a climatic scene with two Hollywood actresses on set and to heck with the fact it didn't happen. Mary was a bit of a victim of circumstances.
It's slightly more accurate than Braveheart since historically that was a load of mince (or tripe which is what I'm having tonight finally).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m amazed that you and @maglil55 go near the roads now, I can’t imagine how terrifying those accidents must have been.
Oddly I was remarkably calm and just focussed on controlling the car. The thought of serious injury never entered my mind. It was ages before I could drive again so it took a while for lorry shock to kick in.

Reactions: DJC3

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B- blackberry chia pudding
L- hebba pap porridge
D - was meant to be salmon & salad, but as I was roadtesting my new cake mould it turned into lemon & blueberry cake with lactofree cream instead
Snack - nothing as yet but I have a batch of baby quiches / savoury muffins in the oven at the mo ( some red onion, spinach & goats cheese ones, some mushroom & bacon ones and some pepper, spinach and feta ones) so one may have to be sampled
So far 910 cals, 18g carbs, 26g fibre

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.1 FBG 5.3. Unintentional OMAD. Boys were here this morning as DIL was doing deep tissue massage on niece next door. So feeding time at the home restaurant for them then out for shopping (No 1 came to assist mainly because he was after a small Lego set but he did assist). After dropping him off went to Lakeland to get more rotocaddies for my gradually well organised cupboards. Space is appearing and I'm resisting the temptation to overbuy until I've measured each cupboard and I'm sure what I need.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - too busy feeding scotch broth to the boys.
D. Will be my Italian trippa alla Romana.

My Fitness Pal won't like me today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Tea - several pint mugs; cocoa @ 12.45
Lunch: Late afternoon: Evening meal: Roast pork; spring greens; swede and celeriac mash; cauliflower and broccoli; sprouts, chestnuts and onions; gravy - eaten @ 15.50 - with 2 sons and 2.5 grandchildren planning a 90th birthday bash for next Jan
Muscle problem now morphed into highly restrictive back problem; Naproxen and Codeine made me continually thirsty all day - really pleased this is a bungalow.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Tea - several pint mugs; cocoa @ 12.45
Lunch: Late afternoon: Evening meal: Roast pork; spring greens; swede and celeriac mash; cauliflower and broccoli; sprouts, chestnuts and onions; gravy - eaten @ 15.50 - with 2 sons and 2.5 grandchildren planning a 90th birthday bash for next Jan
Muscle problem now morphed into highly restrictive back problem; Naproxen and Codeine made me continually thirsty all day - really pleased this is a bungalow.
Think you need my DIL skills!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Boo1979 those quichelets sound fabulous. I am making 2 full size ones, one cheese and I dunno, the other crustless and cheese and maybe I dunno.
@maglil55 be careful with your... lazy susans we call them: such a temptation for Nos 1&2
Oh UGH @ianpspurs I’ll bet, though, that the injury is actually healing. It just sounds to me like “side issues” of referred-type pain are gone now?
@Goonergal me too X-box! So I was trying to think of a cross between a first person shooter game and a Wii Fit program
All foods sound mucho tasty! I went grocery shopping this morning and Forgot Avocados Forgot to even put them on list! Whatever shall I do?!
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, decaf/soy/cream
Lunch celery, leftover broccoli, almond butter off the spoon (bad idea), piece of my bread and some cream
Supper is meant to be cheese crustless quiche and roasted green beans. Guess I’d better get on the ball here!
ETA well the beans had gone bad so zucchini spirals to the rescue!
Bought frozen cauli rice and zucchini spirals because I was HWS (hungry while shopping) and also am too lazy to make my own. Thinking of the spirals with some Costco pesto and cheese one day.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone had a great Saturday
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch small handful nuts and few spoons of yoghurt
Dinner chicken curry with stir fried cauliflower rice and glass of gin and soda water then for pudding small slice of warm lc cake with yoghurt.
Bit of a mizzy wet cold day here but got lots done on my to do list!

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,
Didn't eat today until 5pm and had DD garam Masala chicken. Wasn't too bad but I added a chicken stock cude and could taste that rather than the spice (only put one teaspoon of Masala in as hubby doesn't like spicy). So only ate a few mouthfuls..
Followed by sf jelly and double thick Jersey cream.
I need to find a more tradition curry rather than Indian style.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@AngiH I make my own curry mix with all kinds of weird stuff in it (like cocoa powder)..But Very Little cayenne At All. I can’t take anything above -10 on that hotness scale they use. You can throw in anything you want and get a very rich and spice-laden flavor with no heat at all! When I try that recipe I’ll just wing it as usual