1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Flippin' 'eck it's cold out there today!!

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: bit of cheese (every time I type this I'm reminded of Wallace and Gromit)

Dinner: Due to Mr. C's shifts we are having Sunday dinner today
    Roast beef, cauliflower, sprouts, a couple of chantenay carrots, gravy and, probably, a Yorkshire Pudding if my carbs allow

Drinks: Morning: black decaff coffee, Afternoon: still spring water, Dinner and evening: glass or two (maybe even three) of red wine - although I tend to fall asleep towards the end of the second glass.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Snap. When you end up wrapped around the front of an EU juggernaut it makes you more than a bit wary. I used to do around 35,000 miles a year and thought nothing of driving from Aberdeen to Bristol but now, like you, I prefer the train. If I have to gp on a motorway I want the middle lane between me and any lorries. If I can't I'll sit behind them. Getting my licence back was a flaming nightmare. I'm sure drunk drivers have it easier. The accident was nothing to do with me but because of the extent of my injuries I had to go through very stringent testing. Eye test, medical test, 2 hours in a simulator where among other things I had to do 35 emergency stops then out on the road first in a manual then an automatic. I was exhausted and my leg was going into spasms (not recommended with a clutch control ). It was another 3 months before I was finally cleared to drive as I was sent off for driving lessons to build my confidence again and get me over my fear of lorries.
    Again like you I have a railcard - disabled for me which is a bargain at £54 for 3 years and gives you a discount on your "carers" ticket as well as your own. There are loads of 1st class bargains to be had and I enjoy travelling in comfort.
    I'm happier now just travelling locally.

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Friends have and they said it's a bit too "feminist" for them (and that was women saying that). The huge inaccuracy was Mary and Elizabeth never met. Letters were exchanged and they were supposed to meet but it never happened. The reckoning was they've tried to make it a #metoo type movie and couldn't resist not having a climatic scene with two Hollywood actresses on set and to heck with the fact it didn't happen. Mary was a bit of a victim of circumstances.
    It's slightly more accurate than Braveheart since historically that was a load of mince (or tripe which is what I'm having tonight finally).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Oddly I was remarkably calm and just focussed on controlling the car. The thought of serious injury never entered my mind. It was ages before I could drive again so it took a while for lorry shock to kick in.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master

Hi all.

Almost an OMAD day. Had to have a small snack - half a bag of pork crunch - about 90 minutes before dinner was due. Dinner was beef short rib followed by some extra thick Jersey cream. Large mug of tea coming up.

@maglil55 and @Boo1979 those accidents sound horrific.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

B- blackberry chia pudding
    L- hebba pap porridge
    D - was meant to be salmon & salad, but as I was roadtesting my new cake mould it turned into lemon & blueberry cake with lactofree cream instead
    Snack - nothing as yet but I have a batch of baby quiches / savoury muffins in the oven at the mo ( some red onion, spinach & goats cheese ones, some mushroom & bacon ones and some pepper, spinach and feta ones) so one may have to be sampled
    So far 910 cals, 18g carbs, 26g fibre

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Bed 5.1 FBG 5.3. Unintentional OMAD. Boys were here this morning as DIL was doing deep tissue massage on niece next door. So feeding time at the home restaurant for them then out for shopping (No 1 came to assist mainly because he was after a small Lego set but he did assist). After dropping him off went to Lakeland to get more rotocaddies for my gradually well organised cupboards. Space is appearing and I'm resisting the temptation to overbuy until I've measured each cupboard and I'm sure what I need.
    B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
    L. Nothing - too busy feeding scotch broth to the boys.
    D. Will be my Italian trippa alla Romana.

My Fitness Pal won't like me today.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Breakfast: Tea - several pint mugs; cocoa @ 12.45
    Lunch: Late afternoon: Evening meal: Roast pork; spring greens; swede and celeriac mash; cauliflower and broccoli; sprouts, chestnuts and onions; gravy - eaten @ 15.50 - with 2 sons and 2.5 grandchildren planning a 90th birthday bash for next Jan
    Muscle problem now morphed into highly restrictive back problem; Naproxen and Codeine made me continually thirsty all day - really pleased this is a bungalow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Ten Basic Exercises I think. Things like toe touching, sit ups etc done in repetition.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Think you need my DIL skills!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master

Thanks. All I could think of was x-box!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Massage?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

• Like Like x 4
  15. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@Boo1979 those quichelets sound fabulous. I am making 2 full size ones, one cheese and I dunno, the other crustless and cheese and maybe I dunno.
    @maglil55 be careful with your... lazy susans we call them: such a temptation for Nos 1&2
    Oh UGH @ianpspurs I’ll bet, though, that the injury is actually healing. It just sounds to me like “side issues” of referred-type pain are gone now?
    @Goonergal me too X-box! So I was trying to think of a cross between a first person shooter game and a Wii Fit program
    All foods sound mucho tasty! I went grocery shopping this morning and Forgot Avocados Forgot to even put them on list! Whatever shall I do?!
    Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, decaf/soy/cream
    Lunch celery, leftover broccoli, almond butter off the spoon (bad idea), piece of my bread and some cream
    Supper is meant to be cheese crustless quiche and roasted green beans. Guess I’d better get on the ball here!
    ETA well the beans had gone bad so zucchini spirals to the rescue!
    Bought frozen cauli rice and zucchini spirals because I was HWS (hungry while shopping) and also am too lazy to make my own. Thinking of the spirals with some Costco pesto and cheese one day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #22295 zauberflote, Jan 19, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  16. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all hope everyone had a great Saturday
    Breakfast bacon and egg
    Lunch small handful nuts and few spoons of yoghurt
    Dinner chicken curry with stir fried cauliflower rice and glass of gin and soda water then for pudding small slice of warm lc cake with yoghurt.
    Bit of a mizzy wet cold day here but got lots done on my to do list!

• Like Like x 8
  17. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. AngiH

AngiH Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Didn't eat today until 5pm and had DD garam Masala chicken. Wasn't too bad but I added a chicken stock cude and could taste that rather than the spice (only put one teaspoon of Masala in as hubby doesn't like spicy). So only ate a few mouthfuls..
    Followed by sf jelly and double thick Jersey cream.
    I need to find a more tradition curry rather than Indian style.

• Like Like x 8
  19. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@AngiH I make my own curry mix with all kinds of weird stuff in it (like cocoa powder)..But Very Little cayenne At All. I can’t take anything above -10 on that hotness scale they use. You can throw in anything you want and get a very rich and spice-laden flavor with no heat at all! When I try that recipe I’ll just wing it as usual

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

KCR - Kind of chiropractic manipulation and yes massage. She'll even stick needles in you having qualified in medical acupuncture last year as my son will testify - he was often the guinea pig during training.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook